Warlock new player friendly?

I’ve always been more of a healer so I am very new to any kind of dps. Warlock feels like such a fun class with cool spells. I plan to play this going forward but as I’m only leveling it’s different from raids etc. Is this class harder for newer people to grasp? Any guide suggestions? Playing Destro btw.

From a pvp viewpoint. Warlock is extremely complex but rewarding when u get breathing room. Gateway, demonic circle, cc, curses, cooldowns, pet, just tons of stuff to manage. My suggestion to you is key binds and macros to make life easy and for finger/muscle memory.

2 Likes

Imo all 3 specs are easy enough to get into with enough room to grow as a player. It’s also great that the 3 specs have different playstyles.

Watch Kalamazi on youtube. He has great info that’s in depth but easy to understand. He’s one you can tell is very passionate and knowledgeable on the class.

Gl and enjoy your new class, it’s a good one!

2 Likes

icy-veins is a great website for locks (all characters really), lots of info. You have the ability on that website to set up your character with rotation, etc., in EASY MODE to begin with. Once you’re comfortable with that setup, you can start adjusting back to max everything.

I would start as destro with void walker to help tank. Once you really get into it, you’ll be like a super fire mage, and start finetuning the way you want to play it. Personally, except for one, all my spells are fire-based. The ability to convert life to mana in case of emergency (or permanent play style once you master it) is a great plus.

Good luck.

2 Likes

I’d also add that Kalamazi also has a website that gives you a good run down on all three Warlock specs.

For pve warlock is very friendly but for pvp its one of the hardest classes to be successful with as one mistake will and can cost you your life in arena.

I play one of every class and warlocks are by far, BY FAR, the most complicated to play.

They’re less stressful than tanking, but in terms of complexity, no other class comes close. The next most would be a disc priest, but that’s a DISTANT second, followed by Enh/Ele Shaman (the latter Shaman specs are easy to play but more complicated to play well).

It’s a fun class, but if you’re looking for something truly beginner friendly then I would suggest Arms warrior or marksmanship hunter.

Ehhhhhh… Stretching it a bit. Warlock is definitely up there in difficulty but it’s definitely not far ahead. In PvP I’d put a lot of classes ahead of it. In PvE a lot of stuff is pretty similar honestly (we monk aoe rotation is way more complicated fyi… Mess up one part and you go from 40k to 20k).

Agreed with this. Any warrior or hunter spec honestly.

Honorable mention to all paladin specs as well.