Warlock Minion Stable

I would like a gear system for Warlock minions. The minion looks have changed over time.

Nobody is asking for new demons or new abilities. Do you even know how the hunter pet system works? Itā€™s just different pet families that fit into certain slots with the exact same abilities save for like ā€œexoticā€ family specializations.

1 Like

Little off topic butā€¦

If anyone here wants to get the Warlock onto a race without it, I made a therad.

Yes Iā€™m aware of how the hunter pet family worksā€¦

I was responding to Unian saying she does not want a copy of the hunter system, and how itā€™s very unlikely we get a custom system just for warlocks.

1 Like

They totally should have left Infernal as a controllable permanent demon pet for Destructionā€¦

1 Like

And doomguard for afflic. And of course my dreamā€¦ pit lord added to demo

Not entirely true, at least visually, as there have been new models and/or skins available via glyphs.

But overall yes I think itā€™d be cool to be able to tame/enslave different demons. Especially since each spec is mostly locked into one particular pet.

Also along with this Iā€™d like to seem something similar for Ele Shaman and Frost mage since thereā€™s a lot of different elemental models and skins that would be cool to summon.

1 Like

While I am a proponent of locks getting new and exciting things, I canā€™t co-sign something that just makes them hunters of a different flavor. Thatā€™s lame.

Tink tink for Xelnath, we miss you still.

1 Like

Agreed I used him for a whole expac and they up and took him I get so tired of that b.s.

1 Like

Being Legion Grimoire of supremacy back please!!!

ā€¦with an additional demon or two for demo (pit lord and fel lord plzzzz)

I just want to add that Shivarra should be in the felguard ā€œslotā€ as they are one of the few demons that can pull off a bladestorm and could give us a fem demon as an option.

1 Like

There are some good ideas here.

Back in vanilla, the warlock ā€œadvantageā€ relative to hunters was more purpose-specific pets that were each available in the field. Hunters had one pet, that could somewhat specialize, but was more of a generalist.

Now, of course, hunters get 5 pets (is more? I stopped counting), and can get some great utility and swap in the field. Warlocks are basically in the same place they were the day BC released.

1 Like

Honestly something I really wish they would do is update the existing demons to make them ALL useful to all specsā€¦

Voidwalker is already in a good spot as a solo tank petā€¦

Imp is good as a DPS pet for Destro and Afflictionā€¦

Felguard is honestly too goodā€¦ Demonology has no reason to use any pet other than a Felguard, it outtanks Voidwalker and out DPSs Impā€¦

Succubus does terrible DPS, and their unique ability is mediocre at bestā€¦

Fel Hunter only sees any use as the only source of Interrupt for the entire classā€¦ beyond that it is the worst pet warlocks haveā€¦

Quite frankly, I believe all of them should offer the same damage outputsā€¦ and their unique abilities should all serve the same general functionā€¦

Actually If they Made the Shivarra a type of Felguard pet for Destruction it would be great. We are sadly stuck with the blue blob and his abilities are a disadvantage sometimes has he can aggro other nearby mobs.

Just let destro and afflic have doomguard and infernal baseline and give demo a pit lord (obviously demonic strength would have to be reworked).

I donā€™t think we need 200 demons, but it would be nice to have a wider variety of new and better ones.