Warlock, Mage Or Spriest?

i played a little of retail do not like it really it sure play different like back way back is basic on your mount not your ridding skill you had and you had to purchase your skills which has ranks or levels you needed to make sure you had enough gold to get the next rank for that spell

Mage is the most appropriate, but they’re a dime a dozen.

Spriest is apparently godly in pvp, but niche in raiding.

I’m not sure about warlock viability in pvp, but they will scale well during the later phases.

You are wrong about math. A well geared Shadow Priest can be #1 DPS for at least Molten Core. Been there, done it…

My 2nd attempt I was #1 damage & #1 healing in the same clear.

1 Like

Mage for cc.
Then warlock.
Then spriest.

Play what you enjoy…who gives what other think. Those that don’t do what they like or want seem to quit early or give up too easy. So play whatever you enjoy. Try all class …

I played a priest in vanilla. I healed in MC and BWL then went shadow. They are gods in WPvP and have a fun role in raids. One thing to note though is that spriests will rarely, if ever, top the damage meters.

playing an unusual spec isnt a crime,

loser

But the way you play should be :sunglasses:

No one cares about private server numbers.

No shadow priests ever topped dps meters in vanilla. They do the same dps as ret paladins…

3 Likes

If you want to PvP go Mage

Sadly a lot of that won’t be possible in Classic with melee leeway. You’ll get hit a mile away.

1 Like

alot of people saying lock, when lock was the least played class during vanilla for several reasons.

I feel like alot of people are gonna roll a lock and are gonna get something they werent expecting.

different class back then

Stop spreading misinformation. Melee leeway is working as intended:

1 Like

No, it’s not. I played a mage in Vanilla. I did aoe farming. My internet connection was decent for the time at 5mbps. My latency was good. And what I’m seeing in Classic Beta videos is not authentic Vanilla. I love the Classic devs, but that doesn’t mean they can’t make a mistake.

This did not happen in Vanilla. Npcs didn’t hit you from 15-20 yards away.

2 Likes

Does your example screenshot happen consistently? Can you consistently replicate that?

I’m not going to debate this. There’s a hundred examples from the Beta if you want to go look. But in a way I’m glad. It helped me make my choice between mage and warlock. I just want prospective players to be aware.

2 Likes

Actually, from this video your screenshot looks like the correct range. You’re strafing away as the mob hits you, the damage numbers stay on the portrait frame long enough to get that distance.

Of course not, I just linked a video proving you wrong. Listen to the Classic devs’ words; the melee leeway is correct in both PvE and PvP.

It’s really ironic that I’m having to defend authenticity against someone who claimed to want an authentic experience, because they don’t like some of that authenticity.

Casters in vanilla: Do you want to create food and portals, or farm shards and summon? Are you willing to aim for the single raid spot as a shadow priest? Do you like having a pet? Are you okay with spamming a single button in raids? Do you like wearing a dress? These are the questions to ask yourself :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Alot of people like to claim that as a shadow priest no one will take you for anything. I played from day 1 as a shadow priest and i never had any trouble finding a dps role in a 5man dungeon, and even raided on an off and on basis. I have never had as much fun in wow than when i was playing my shadow priest. Play what you are drawn to and poopoo on the naysayers.