Warlock int or spirit for leveling?

Going over a few classic guides and a few recommend S.P>STAM=INT>spirit

But I’ve seen two guides now recommending
S.P>spirit>Stam>int
For leveling until preraid

The idea being that the extra Mana gained from intellect is only useful in Long fights, & the Mana regen gained by spirit is much better for levelling.
Less downtime

When I played classic back in 2005 I played thinking intellect and stamina where my main stats, and that Spirit was really just for priests.
This time around should I be gearing for Spirit as a primary warlock stat?
Thoughts

Spirit is mainly really good if you take improved drain soul. If you don’t take that you’ll probably just have to bandage and life tap a bit more to compensate.

Does enough gear really drop while leveling in that it becomes a choice? I was honestly just thinking I’d wear whatever I could scrape together lols. I mean, there’s cloth gear with friggin’ strength on it.

True, but it takes a LOT longer to level in classic so you’ll get a lot more drops between levels,. As well lots of priest drops in dungeons, with high spirit low int/stam, that I had otherwise thought were not meant for warlocks.

Yes strength cloth, I remember in classic, I find out the entire set of + 100 armour cloth gear.
Even tanked a few dungeons as a warlock back in my day lol.
Searing pain, and armoured cloth gear, we cleared a lot

Stamina for PVP.

No lock ever goes intellect/spirit in a PVP server (for leveling)

I just remember going through long questlines with useless green rewards at the end of it, but we wore 'em because that’s all we could get hah.

Ah yeah that is true too. Gonna be on a PvE server this time around but I remember how important stamina was when on PvP.

Warlock stats for both PvE and PvP:

Stamina>Intelligence>Spell Power. %Hit when available.

For general leveling: Stamina>Intelligence. Nothing else matters since you will be constantly trading Health and Mana back and forth. Once you start raiding or doing BGs you can fine tune.

1 Like

You have Life Tap and Drain Life. Before endgame, Stamina (health) > all.

Improved Drain Soul only procs if you yourself get the killing blow. Your demon doesn’t count. Party members definitely don’t count. You can skill your way into ensuring it procs while soloing, but points are probably better spent on other talents, such as Improved Life Tap or Improved Drain Life. Health > all.

Low level gear has no SP on it. So you just want STA/INT. Spirit is worthless unless you’re slotting improved drain soul. You otherwise have nothing to scale it off of. Warlocks can also turn health into mana, meaning anything that restores health, can double as mana regen. Health from STA isn’t just health. It’s also mana, whenever you want to tap it over.