Warlock Customization Wishlist for 11.0

Hello, it’s me, Baal, the guy who pushed for warlock customization options for our pets for years!

Author of this thread:

Making a thread here with 11.0 development looming and with this next minor patch granting us customization options for ALL our pets INCLUDING the CD pets

However, as we know they removed the Observer from our baseline demon options due to arguments about “pet silhouette”, that a Floating Eyeball is different from a Monster Puppy

Which, they seem to be doubling down on with the new Darkglare option.

Now reminder canonically:

• Darkglares are servants of the Legion
  • Observers are demons whose only alleigance is to whoever lets them devourer and witness/learn the most magic
  • Observers in the context of WoW are canonically ABERRATIONS or Demons, varying in origin between products of blood magic/fleshcrafting (eg Durumu the Forgotten from TOT) or as demons otherwise who devour minds (eg Occularus from Legion Invasion Point)

However they are all “Floating Eyeballs”, and so they are all valid for the Darkglare.

My argument is thus each pet can be reduced to the following silhouettes:

• Imp = Small Demon Caster
  • Felhunter = Monster Dog/Monster Quadruped/Animal
  • Voidwalker = wide/large “Spectral”/Elemental type being
  • Sayaad = Humanoid that is Vaguely Sexual or has “Domination” themes
  • Felguard = Humanoid that is Bigger/Stronger or Militant
  • Tyrant = Humanoid type Caster
  • Darkglare = Floating Eyeball as Established
  • Infernal = Magical Construct that is Very Big

My main thread I linked above has the full imagined list I created, but wanted to make a separate thread here to see what everyone’s wishlist is

Ideally each person could list at least one, hopefully more, models they really want to see for each of our pet slots: imp, felhunter, voidwalker, sayaad, felguard, tyrant, darkglare, infernal.

Imp

• smaller Mo’arg
  • Wyrmtongues
  • Spriggans
  • Imps with Troll or Kul Tiran Drust masks (there’s an imp with a mask in orgrimmar)

Felhunter

• Wicker dogs from Drustvar
  • Urzul
  • Chaos hounds
  • spider demons

Void walkers

• Voidcaller
  • Voidwraith
  • Death elementals
  • Fel elementals

Sayaad

• Satyr
  • the blue recolor we never got
  • Drustvar pigmen
  • Jailer demon
  • IMP MOTHER

Felguard

• Mo’arg brute
  • Eredar women without the wings
  • Aranasi

Tyrant

• Doommaiden (Eredar women with wings)
  • Inquisitor demon
  • suggestion from the Warlock Discord (Darklycid and Malacath!): greater armor diversity for the Eredar model used for the Tyrant, eg something resembling Kiljaeden, something resembling Archimonde!

Darkglare

• Reliquary of Souls / Devourer of Souls (Floating Eyeball and Floating Head, close enough!)

Infernal

• FEL REAVER
  • Troll golems, Belf golems, Dwarf golems, but fel and shadow colored

What about y’all? What suggestions do you agree with, what did I not put here you’d like to see?

Down the road it would be nice for our armored pets to have race-umbrella armor options

eg Troll themed armor for our Felguard, Wrathguard, Sucubus, etc

13 Likes

They should have some racial themes for Warlock minions. Like Void Lord might look completely distinct on a Troll compared to an Orc. Attire not so much form.

3 Likes

I’d like to be able to use an Imp (or any other) in place of a Felguard. Just being able to swap the various skins around on each minion, though practically I don’t know how that would pan out.

Blizzard sadly said no already, each pet slot must fit within their general preexisting baseline silhouette

Ergo why Darkglare = Floating Eyeball and Felhunter = Monster Dog, so Observer was moved from Felhunter to Darkglare

For pvp reasons :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Why not just make subjugate demon permanent? Let us use the Legion models. They have made it so damage is pretty much standard no matter which pet you use.

2 Likes

That is indeed my original idea but Blizzard has gone in a different direction sadly

I agree however, given Subjugate Demon is a useless spell, it should function as our “spell” to enslave demon models we like in the open world or instances

2 Likes

I feel like Shivaara should be reclassified under the felguard family. There aren’t many minions that can pull off a felstorm animation.

1 Like

I really want a dreadstalker in place of my felhunter, I love their look

2 Likes

Hi Baal!

You seem to have mistaken this sub-forum for one the developers read. Easy mistake to make, but you’d probably be better off posting your suggestions in the warrior, dh, rogue or pally sub-forum.

l m a o

well they eventually read my GD forum post about demons and the Green Fire ask post was indeed in the warlock forums for years!

I have faith lmao

1 Like

Update glyph of felguard so that they can wear legendary 2h weapons in your bag. I’ve had the hand of ragnaros on my warlock since cataclysm, but my felguard still refuses to pick it up :frowning:

1 Like

I want our pets to do emotes with us. I was doing /dance last night and was thinking it would be great if all my spawned imps did that with me.

2 Likes