Warlock Customization: More Grimoires! And other stuff

Pit lord demonic tyrant when?

4 Likes

While I wouldn’t want us to become basically a hunter in Warlock form, I would like us to be able to have a way to have a little more freedom with the look of our demons. There are different colors and looks of so many of the demons we have why not let us have some way to choose which form and color we want. I mean there are several different colors of felguard but we can’t have any of them except for the one we are given by default.

5 Likes

Bump

Jeremy Feasel admits to working disproportionately on Hunter pets :frowning:

AU where Warlock pet customization occurs too

5 Likes

You would think after hunters get so many pets Blizz would feel almost obligated to add warlock minions.

It feels weird that of the two main pet classes that one gets swarms of new models every expansion and the other is stuck in a time capsule of the most bare of cosmetic choices.

7 Likes

I mean, Feasel literally attributed most Hunter pet development to himself.

So evidently we lack a Feasel, or Feasel caring about us as a class lol

3 Likes

Signed for more demon options.

4 Likes

How have I not seen this thread before, this is absolutely brilliant! I would happily make my warlock my main again if this was ever implemented in some form because oh my lord that would be so damn cool.

Let us have stables and subjugate our own demons Blizz! That would be the ultimate class fantasy and bring so much more customization to warlocks.

4 Likes

Signs up to live in an AU where Warlocks got the demons, and Hunters were left with their original tamed pet. Then again, my AU self would then main a Hunter, and would want to live here. lol

1 Like

Am I a joke to you dot png

8 Likes

While more pets would be nice and there is certainly plenty of demons I’d like to see (I’d also like to see some of the ones we currently have revamped, the darkglare is rather boring), I don’t think it should be like a hunters tame beast ability.

Aside from maintaining some uniqueness between the classes. Warlocks are creating pacts (not subjugating or enslaving them) with these demons and that’s suppose to be a very dangerous concept.

3 Likes

STILL waiting on the incubus that was promised over a decade ago… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Actually the spell we have to control demons is literally called Subjugate Demon and was formally Enslave Demon.

And actually of the demons we do have:

• Imp and Fel Imp are proper contracts
  • Succubus is canonically because we… ahem, excited her, by offering her the hearts of 3 good men
  • Shivarra was subjugated, hates us
  • Felguard and Wrathguard enjoy being in our service, so either subjugation or contract
  • Felpuppy is a dog we tamed, because it’s a dog
  • Observer enjoys being in our service because he gets to observe and eat more magic
  • Voidwalker and Voidlord hate us but enjoys consuming stuff

As I explained at length in the OP, the best way to implement it is for warlocks to subjugate a demon, bind its essence in some ritual, and add it to a grimoire where the demon is assigned a permanent randomized name (and if we want to change the name, we have to re-enslave the same demon model).

shmood

3 Likes

of the original demons, The imp, succubus, felhound, and voidwalker all had quests that explained how we acquired them. We created pacts with each through different methods. Even our dreadstead and felsteeds had pacts formed through their initial quests.

The observer and shivarra were added through a talent when the other quests were unfortunately removed.

1 Like

And each quest was specific, in some cases a normal contract, in others subjugation.

The Felpuppy is a dog. It was subjugated. We just had to beat it up.

And each demon has voice lines since MoP that demonstrate its personality and the nature of the relationship.

And the in-game spell is Subjugate/Enslave.

And canonically in-game Grimoire for warlocks exist from which we summon demons.

1 Like

The warlock class fantasy REALLY deserves something nice like this after demon hunter additions ripped away some of their unique abilities. They even lost the fancy demons that were added in what, cata? Count my vote in.

5 Likes

A lot of us were low key expecting something like this in Legion given the new demons and the fact Demo was gutted to make way for Demon Hunter, but lol

Honestly I wouldn’t mind a transmog system where we collect appearances through pages that are found in the world.

In most cases we would be killing the demon for the appearance which could be a stand in for “subjugation”.

1 Like

True. Honestly when they brought green fire, I was stoked. Got it on a couple accounts. Really gave into the idea that maaaaybe they might make warlock tanking a potential thing. Legion seemed like the best time to implement new warlock features with how intricately designed the class hall was. But… no? Playing tbc a bit, the fantasy of racials (like nelf priest starshards) has me itching for more fantasy driven aspects of the game.

3 Likes

Blizz please do the right thing!

1 Like

We could loot the contract for the True Name of that demon type, then go to a Grimoire location and either learn it, or summon and defeat the demon to learn it. Then use the Grimoire to switch learned demons into whichever combat role they fill.