Warfronts Success or Failure?

I thought it was decent to play but the resource strangling to unlock it?

Stupid.

2 Likes

Failure. No question.

19 Likes

Failure, was hated. Keep WC3’s style of game outside of MMO’s. Doesn’t work, never will.

4 Likes

Islands and Warfronts were complete failures and that’s a shame because of how many resources they ate up.

That AI nonsense for Islands cost a lot of money and it was utterly pointless.

7 Likes

As far as I know, they were initially designed to be PvP and they failed so they turned them into PvE scenarios that were extremely boring.

1 Like

I enjoyed running them to gear up but they didn’t keep the gear ilevel in line with other sources.

I hated unlocking them with a passion.

1 Like

It isn’t really WC3 style when only one side does the WC3 stuff. The resource gathering became a formality/chore because of that.

1 Like

Tell that to the people who keep praising this AI vs Player nonsense that people call PvP now.

WC3 didnt work out…so now we are going for D3 in SL. Wonder how that will work? :thinking:

2 Likes

Absolutely.

I don’t feel they were anything close to what was originally advertised.

How are you guys judging this? You hate it so it failed? All I know is when I was grinding out the 750 token mount, I could always find more than one group doing heroic warfronts and for normal version, I never had a long queue. Same thing with Islands.

So… somebody some where was enjoying them.

4 Likes

Considering shadow priests are basically becoming archon wizard from d3 too…yup.

They were initially a success but didn’t scale with the game like the rest of world loot did.

Failure due to abandonment. No reason not to release more or even make them more compelling or complex as the expansion progressed. It was a highly touted feature that just felt meh.

2 Likes

Islands = super boring. Didn’t even see a point in that. I didn’t even touch islands or
War fronts after literally running them 2-3 times.

warfronts are alright, islands are cool… only doing them for the mounts tho, if they didn’t have mounts tied to them or transmog gear i wouldnt do them

3 Likes

Warfronts had a lot of potential, but it got blown away when Blizz didn’t adjust the loot table to reflect what you get from other piñatas. They would’ve been a whole lot better if it was an actual pvp scenario.

Although, this being said, all the complaints about imbalanced pvp in favor of the horde etc would just blow up even more … (even though I’ve seen more alliance groups mobbing horde than visa versa and I only play with WM on.)

Also, I thought they were coming out with more than just the two?

Few things:

1. It only mattered for the raid-tier it was in, gear didn’t go up so 0 point to run it.
  2. We were the collection unit" in the game as well as “soldier unit”, which wasn’t fun. This type of game element only works in WC3, not mmos.
  3. No “random elements”. In WC3 style games, units will attack random targets. In here, they sent soldiers out in a pattern to certain structures.
  4. Too long and boring. Nothing eventful happening.
1 Like

Comp stomp? It comes up a few times a year.

A failure of the most catastrophic level.