Warden Hero Talent?

Would you guys also want a Warden hero talent for sub and assa?

It could have some focus on fan of knives/shuriken storm, poisoned knife/shuriken toss and as a start and capstone talent something to do with Spirit of Vengeance. Maybe steal some ideas from HOTS Maiev (Talents and visuals)?

4 Likes

Nope !

Nope nope nope !

2 Likes

Why not? It fits the theme and im kinda shocked it wasnt announced at Blizzcon, its the perfect example of a hero talent for a class

2 Likes

No, it doesn’t.

Fan of Knives on Maiev from hots doesn’t make her a Rogue, and even less a Sub / Assa Rogue…

If anything, Warden could fit for the Hunters as a Survival + X spec but not for the Rogue.

Oh and the hero spec for Sub and assa will be the Deathstalker, which is an assassin, scout or spy, so thanks but no thanks.

And btw, you want to give a classe / spec that uses huge glaives to the 2 specs in the game that uses only daggers ? Really ?

2 Likes

I love this idea.

The idea that Wardens could be Rogues hadn’t even occurred to me, but looking at the Warcraft 3 Warden, the fit is clear:

• Fan of Knives and Shadow Strike were brought over as Rogue abilities.
  • Vengeance is evocative of Subtlety’s Secret Techniques and Shadow Clones.
  • Although Blink is a mage ability, teleporting to a foe is, well, Shadow Step.
  • Thematically, Wardens are jailers, assassins and bounty hunters, which is totally on brand for a Rogue type in the broader fantasy genre.

I dig it.

When the Hero Talents were first revealed, the whole point seemed to be about classic Warcraft themes: Druids got to be more like Cenarius and the Warcraft 3 Keepers of the Grove, Warriors got to be more like Maradin and the Warcraft 3 Mountain King.

But what’s Trickster supposed to be, in the Warcraft setting? I’m not sure. Warden would be a great replacement for Trickster.

5 Likes

It doesn’t fit at all.

2 Likes

You get it! It fits so well and would be awesome, could make the shadow clone into the spirit of vengance!

2 Likes

People are already trying to force this into DH. Personally I think Warden should be its own class and not brought into others.

2 Likes

this. While i see the forced parallels between rogue & wc3 warden, lets not. I’d rather see a new mail wearing melee/ranged hybrid stealth class than give rogue some kinda update.

sorry for mild necro.

1 Like

Not a necro and I do agree with you.