Warcraft: Sylvanas spoilers

I am sorry to say, if you want that to be true the story has to be vastly changed and realigned for this to be true.
For one the theft of the Bell or the bombing of theramore shouldn’t have happened.
Sunreavers would have had to be neutral rather than Horde aligned.
Aethas and his organization had to be innocent and non-sunreaver blood elves had to be impacted by the purge.

Since none of the above happened your description is wholly innaccurate.

Jaina voluntarily left.
Aethas had to give the royal sword of Blood Elf kings to a murder hobo (kirin tor) to make apologies for his mistakes.
Did you play Legion? Its all pretty clear and Aethas feels 100% responsible for everything.

3 Likes

Golden has gotten character looks wrong multiple times.

4 Likes

Was this both of them forgetting his current model is not his original form?

1 Like

I mean they let the Worgen tail thing slide. And also a complete misunderstanding of how Forsaken society has been presented for 13 years.

So, hair color is fine really, easy to mess that up.

8 Likes

this was Golden forgetting actual canon. Nathanos alive model has been in game since Cata, Old Hilsbrad he’s in Southshore. He has red hair and blue eyes, in Dark Mirror he’s described as having auburn hair and hazel eyes. Roux also describes him as having auburn hair and green eyes. His ingame model is dead but has auburn hair.

Golden: “He has jet black hair and dark eyes.” >.< Like did she not get a character sheet like Roux did or did she “wing it”

8 Likes

I can’t believe the Gaslight Gatekeep Genocide Girlboss and the Twinkadin Gary Stu are going to Harrow Hell together

5 Likes
5 Likes

Also I thought the Farstriders always mucked around with stuff outside of Quel’Thalas’s borders.

Aren’t they supposed to stride far? Maybe I’m missing something.

That reminds me of people who unironically simp for Kim Yo-jong. They’ve seen a cute picture of her running around holding toast in her mouth then suddenly they’re supporting North Korea.

Its sad today The Onion struggles with reality while writing their gag stories.

People have complained their quality has suffered.

And no it’s more we’ve created a nightmare world beyond parody.

Colorized photo of Sylvanas hurrying to a Desolate Council meeting:

3 Likes

Omg, she has a piece of toast! And she is hurrying in stylish heels!

That is some “First Female Warchief Gonna Be Bad and it’s OK” energy.

3 Likes

Ngl I’d probably roll my eyes at these rich people’s problems in the best of circumstances.

Because is it meant to be like, deliberately weird, that there’s an offhand reference to troll ears as trophies and its in the context of how unfair it will be that nobody will be around for their little brother’s big performance in front of Prince Sunstrider?

Those damn Trolls. I know this whole “you ran us out of our scared lands” thing has you guys in a mood and all but now you’ve ruined little Lirath’s music recital!

8 Likes

It this even English?

2 Likes

Not only is it English but our reality regarding the story

5 Likes

Yeah I’m not huge on how they portrayed Nathanos, or their relationship, and it also seemed borderline contradictory.

In his short-story he was totally baffled and bewildered at the suggestion by the Dark Ranger that Sylvanas had any sort of affection for him. That’s kind of difficult to parse now knowing they were straight up lovers for years. I guess you can argue he was just surprised that she would still have any now, but it still seems unfitting to me.

The vibe I previously got was just that they had a lot of respect and loved each other, but due to the nature of who they were, their positions and their now horrible circumstances it was a love they never really got to act on/express ( or even admit fully to themselves ) so it was ultimately a tragic relationship, not that he was her straight up boytoy for years. I think Golden went way too fanfic/shippy with it and it.

Any of his achievements as a character are further just chalked up to him being Sylvanas’s lover too and ultimately that is the point of his entire existence. He was originally a human champion who was so good he was the only human to be a ranger, now it comes off like he only got that role because he was sleeping with Sylvanas.

10 Likes

Given his demonstrated combat ability in WoW maybe that’s accurate

I suppose so. I just remember the premise for the Vanilla questline to assassinate him for the Alliance was because he was such a crazy good human champion that letting him work for the Forsaken was untenable.

EDIT:
I decided to look up the quest dialog too

"
Do you know how many ranger lords exist in this world? How many human ranger lords have ever existed?

Nathanos’ accomplishments were unprecedented. He was a tactical genius, responsible for Alliance victories spanning a decade of conflict.

And now… the champion of the Forsaken.

No. This cannot be. Order must be restored."

It just doesn’t jive with how he’s portrayed in the novel imo. The questgiver too is utterly stunned that he could possibly be working for the Banshee Queen too, which is laughable now given how close, and very openly so, their relationship is shown to be.

5 Likes

I can tell you that’s not quite the case. I’m still reading here but he’s shown to be an incredibly good shot both on and off the battlefield.

He was trusted with a pretty important mission during the 2nd War. That coupled with a pretty good understanding of elven history suggests this guy may look like a smelly oaf in Silvermoon but he’s definitely a pretty valuable operative.