Warcraft Short Story: "The Calling"

Nothing captivates world of Warcraft like a sad, miserable downer and his pet fox

1 Like

Its golden material. Meh, i really dont feel like being bored to death.

6 Likes

Imagine criticizing the pilot that crashed your plane when you never even flight schooled bro.

4 Likes

I’m right here.

5 Likes

Well, she isn’t paid anymore, at least not by Blizzard. She was fired in January.

Awww. That was good, ty. Made me tear up a few times. :crying_cat_face: :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

“I want to pet that Fox.”

“We have a Fox at home.”

The fox at home.

5 Likes

Not another damned fox!

By the Light. That was a rough read.

Bravo. Time to go sit on a hill in Stormsong valley for a while.

3 Likes

Oof, Anduin looks really, really bad
 I don’t quite understand the point of making old characters look worse. Both Alleria’s new look and Anduin’s are abysmally bad.

1 Like

Ya that story hit me harder in the feels than I was expecting
Stuff regarding family always hits me hard, so almost teared up there.

And it was really well written too.

9 Likes

Why was she fired?

Is this the last thing she wrote before being let go?

Good riddance to this person who has so badly ruined the story of Warcraft.

8 Likes

Ah yes another alliance themed story. I’ll skip it like I skipped the last, I’ll get spoon fed the bare minimum in the game when I’m forced to work with them

2 Likes

From what I’ve seen, they seem to have moved away from having “staff” writers, composers, artists, and have moved to more of a consulting and piecework kind of approach. So, it’s possible that they don’t pay Golden to be on call for any writing that needs to be done, but they might pay her for a story or a book on a one-and-done basis.

2 Likes

Like 5 neutral Alliance locations for example? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yet we have a story written by Christie Golden.

Think she did that for free?

1 Like

Locations I don’t want to be in nor care that they’re neutral. I’d rather them be hostile.

1 Like

Imagine unironically being testy about this when we had years and years of Thrall and the Supporting Orcs Show, co-starring Sylvanas.

6 Likes