Warcraft Encyclopedia Set of All Things Herbal, Alchemical, Cloth, and Enchanting

Could it be possible for warcraft to create a compendium of alchemical and herbal ingredients for players to use.

I have always had the idea to create a druid role-player character that acts as an herbal to go character and having a hardback manual for alchemy would be useful. Much like the manuals you would find for Dungeons and Dragons regarding plants, i think for each particular addon with detailed imagery of the herbs in question as well as the potions they can be used in.

This would also be something of a collectors set for players. Hardback keepsakes they can have in relation to the game. You could do the same for enchanting materials and cloth again with detailed imagery from how its made to how it appears as a finished product.

A good example would be the image of a Nightborne weaver over a spinning wheel adding arcane energy to a spindle of Shal’dorei silk as it magically forms a sheet of Shal’dorei silk cloth.

Linen cloth could use basic imagery of a seamstress from Westfall working a spindle into a linen robe.

1 Like

Each book in a series for each profession could go into detail regarding how its made, where the resource is found, what kind of traits the resource (or material) has. And each series could be expanded upon with each new addon release.

With Herbs, you could have the image of the herb. A list of tricks or methods of Harvesting. History of the Herb, as well as where it is commonly found. What other ingredients it can be added to to make unique concoctions or elixars.

With Enchanting, you could have images of a spellcaster using the materials to make sigils or complex enchanted scrolls to be used with the spell or enchantment in question. Its outlying effects. Even a warning page with imagery of the costly results of failed enchants.

With Mining/Blacksmithing, imagine pages that detail the properties of the mineral in question. Where it is found as well as what it appears as in its natural state. How to mine it, store it, or metalwork it into useful products for further blacksmithing.

I watched this ASMR video https://youtu.be/X2QkQTtJ458 from the artist ATMOSPHERE regarding pockets. Enchanted ways that you store weapons or potions for easy access.

Now imagine that kind of detailed information in a book regarding pouches.

As these books would be both information and artwork, it would provide an opportunity for wow players to be creative in showing off how they enchant gear, or what they believe each profession is in a detailed visual sense.

Inscription i see a mortal and pestle with dried herbs and a mixture of herbs and other materials into a suitable ink that produces the scrolls and grimoires players use. A monk pandaren sitting at a table working diligently to produce these fine works.

I cant speak for anyone else, but i find the artwork of warcraft to be interesting if not relaxing. Add that to a compendium or series of books about the professions and you can enjoy heavy reading when you aren’t behind the computer playing. Pictures of each herb in their natural state or a satchel of herbs kept by an alchemist using them for emergency situations while in combat.

I dont see Blizzard ever doing this but it would sure make for a fun player project!