Warcraft Crossovers

I am a big fan of the expansion of Warcraft into other media and hope it continues. Warcraft used to be massive in the cultural space but over time feels like it faded, and I don’t think that was purely because of the games popularity but a lack of trying.

The Discord integration is a good first step and long overdue. My guild has been using Discord for almost 10 years now since the start of Legion. I hope it gets expanded beyond guild chat and something like easier to get voice groups for pugs.

The DnD warcraft crossover is great to see. I was kind of hoping for something more similar to the one from White Wolf Publishing where the classes were unique but I’ll take it. It is something I can’t wait to try out. I know I’m going to try for something that isn’t playable in WoW like a night elf paladin of Elune or a gnome artificer as a tinker.

I’d love to see a Warcraft commander deck for Magic the Gathering. I know someone who got into it with a Baldur’s Gate deck and another for a FF14 deck. I would get into MTG if a Warcraft deck ever happens.

I hope more crossovers are to come even for things I personally won’t dip my toe in. I think it is important to expand warcraft’s cultural influence because that helps bring more people into the game. Even something silly like a Lich King fortnite skin. Or a crossover with FF14 I feel like there is some overlap in audience where people have tried out both games.