Warcraft classic Cataclysm

I mean… playable Worgen was just a super common request and the background story for the Worgen connected them to Elune from Day 1, with us already able to play as Wildkin (Moonkin) if you were a Druid.

It was bound to happen. I don’t even find them particularly cool, I just find them fitting.

The only good thing about Cata, was undispellable wings, paladins get rebuke, and RBGs.

Oh and I guess Tol Barad was ok, since you get to kill people from your server.

LOL, and so it begins. Soon. “Hey Blizz, where is BFA classic, retail sucks!”

1 Like

I stopped reading there. MoP wasn’t good at all IMO. Except they added Monks. That’s the only thing I liked about it lol.

1 Like

I think “good” is a little strong for Worgen.I

1 Like

I mean Worgen are hardly out of place next to Boomkin

Legit the only thing I thought was a good addition to wow in Cata was smoke bomb and redirect. Mostly smoke bomb, but all the other rogue changes were just insane, like how on earth they thought that having recuperate was balanced or gouge that no longer generated a CP wasn’t game breaking due to how insane the CC was able to become due to now gouge being no longer risk vs reward but instead Lol gouge! Not to mention how insane the damage reduction talents and slice and dice providing energy actually is… rogue went from being a rogue to a prot warrior with life bloom and backstab… was totally insane and not fun to play a class that is that powerful, worse I can’t imagine how unfun it was to play vs that.

1 Like

I guess if all you date is ugly girls they all start to look average.

1 Like

Don’t underestimate how cuddling all that feather and fur is

1 Like

I probably wont even be going to wrath, so I hope by the time wrath is over that current blizzard will have learned a thing or two.

CATA is NOT Classic the game should have ended at Wrath at least as far as large expansions CATA was the beginning of the BAD changes to the game, irreversible changes.

1 Like

Unlikely. Cata didn’t really do it for me the first time around, and I don’t see it being much different now.

That is a great write up of Cata overall.

Another thing most people are missing here is LFR was added, because the 10-man normal mode raids and 5-man heroics were too difficult for most guilds that were easily clearing 10-man normal mode ICC. There was a nuclear meltdown on these forums the likes of which we have not seen in years.

Imagine how frustrating it was for people who were in casual guilds that were 2/4 into Bastion of Twilight normal mode, 0/2 in Throne of the Four Winds, and 1/6 in Blackwing Descent 2 or 3 months into the expansion.

As far as the revamping Azeroth, I believe it was a net positive. Some of the best quests in the game were added. My personal favorite was the Stonetalon Mountain questline where Garrosh tosses one of his lieutenants off a cliff for bombing a civilian village.

The way the classes played in Cataclysm all the way until the end of MoP was also very good. I remember enjoying every single character I played back then, and most people I know enjoyed their class a lot more back then, too.

2 Likes

Captain Planet… err… Ascendant Council was quite the rough encounter, especially on Heroic.

Heroic Halfus was such an insane wake-up call that things were very different this time around and we had all better be in BiS pre-raid gear to get moving forward into Heroics. Watching our MT go splat instantly, followed shortly thereafter by my own demise was… oof.

Even then, the raiding was excellent.

2 Likes

I would play Cata again.

I loved RBGs and Tol Barad. The underwater questing zone looked great and was unique. The Firelands daily quest zone had some fun WPvP.

In terms of what I didn’t like…questing zones were scattered and there was no reason to draw us out to the world after we hit end game (aside from Firelands). I didn’t get into dungeoning nearly as much as prior expansions and offer no comment about raiding.

Still, would play again.

Anyone that says no to this, you are a sad person right now. I’m for legacy type servers. Let people play to whatever part of the game they want. Who am I to judge what game someone likes and what I dislike? Get over yourself.

Cata was not a bad expansion. They just happened to do some things that they removed from the game that shouldn’t have been removed at all imo, or a way to go back to it, world time walking. As well as getting rid of being a hybrid. Some classes excelled over a pure spec in general, but wrath was when it really shinned.

The question posed by the OP was “would you play it?” Those who say “no” are playing the part of the game they want.

What’s this about judging, now?

2 Likes

I’m judging those that are saying it shouldn’t happen. Maybe you should take off those rose tinted glasses to read the line better.

Just like how I think classic is a dumpster fire game, but I don’t think people SHOULDN’T play it.

And?