Warband Gearing

I think the primary issue so far, as great as this is, is that the amount of gear that does drop and that folks are actually getting is minimal. Not sure if it’s a bug, but I’ve done numerous weekly chests and I only got one ring. All others just gave me valor points. It’s hard to gear other alts or have gear to spare when you, as someone else put it, barely get enough for yourself.

3 Likes

Yes this sounds great too.

So please buff valor stone drops and make valor stones war bound.

Also the 2K cap could be increased.

I’d feel different about it if we weren’t already gated by crests. So having valor stones being the lowest form of currency and the mechanic that slows gearing faster than the higher forms is out of place.

Also guys take this moment to enjoy that a dev is here interacting with us and remember to behave :smiley:

4 Likes

represses inner rage

2 Likes

Yes, this. It’s just an abbreviation for “Warbound until Equipped”.

And if it matters to anyone, we’ve been pronouncing it “woo-ee”. It’s slightly more fun to say, though admittedly fewer things rhyme with it. Y’all can still pronounce it how you want, though!

Chimes

24 Likes

The best way to gear your alt shouldn’t be playing your main, and not actually playing your alt.

2 Likes

Playing your main to funnel gear to alts is how it should be done imo, they are ALTS after all.

2 Likes

You’re free to have that opinion.

To me that is gross.

If I think to myself “man, I’d like to work on my blood DK” I want the next thought to be “I should play my blood DK” and not “I should run more content I don’t really need on my monk to funnel gear to my blood DK because gearing is much better that way.”

1 Like

it’s been AT MOST one week

Wow that is a big nerf from what was in the original warband overview. If I am doing mythic raids normal gear isn’t going to help much with getting an alt ready.

1 Like

Oh I’m fully aware, but when you’re spam running dungeons to level up multiple alts, and you get…max 3 pieces of gear from 70-80 – and it seems consistent for others as well – that might be something worth looking into.

That’s fair, I still think you are awesome though.

I don’t see my alts as a second “main” or anything, they are just there to play when I get bored with the Pally stuff.

If I wanted to play an alt more seriously, then playing that alt would indeed be of benefit, but my play style isn’t really like that.

Thank you for sparing a minute to Chime in on this.

7 Likes

Thanks for the clarification here!

Every boss drops one item. You will get on average 20% of the drops. If you are getting unlucky and getting less than that, someone else is getting more. It’s actually impossible that “no one is getting gear from dungeons”. It’s just our human brain bias towards being negative and confirmation bias.

But maybe think about dungeon drop rates especially if Wooee gear is in the table. It’s hard enough to get a useful drop but also what are enchanters supposed to do? We’re still being forced into a crafting profession just to get mats.

I love this community storytelling! Would love more!!!

Thanks for the post :smiley:

Changes like the warbands and this feature is why I bought this expansion

As someone with 4 level 80’s already, and plain to get 61 more - I love that my play time will help me benefit my alts. Since obviously if you have 65 max level characters you don’t have time to fully play them all :joy:

2 Likes

This is fantastic.

Why though?

You’re still you and you’re still doing the work…

4 Likes

regarding:

• If you get a WuE piece of gear from the final boss of a dungeon, it will be gear from any boss in that dungeon. Missed your chance to get the piece you wanted from the first boss? Stick around and try to get a WuE version from the end boss!
  • If you get a WuE piece of gear from a Heavy Trunk in a delve, it will be any gear you could otherwise have gotten from that delve.

are delves / dungeons an exception to the “it drops lower ilvl” rule?
it’s a bit unclear.

2 Likes