War within tmog question

I know that in war within, transmog aquired on one character can be used on another. For example if i get a plate shoulder on my rogue , i can transmog it on my plate toon. My question is: if i get this gear NOW, will i retroactively be able to transmog it to a plate toon in war within. For context , im wondering if i can farm tusk of manaroth on all my toons and if i get the appereance i can use on my plate toons? Sorry about my spelling xd.

1 Like

I would wait to farm it if I were you. We don’t know officially how it will play out yet, but a Wowhead article showcasing a dev interview back in November stated:

No direct answer as to whether cross-class transmog will be retroactively added to collections once The War Within launches, though collecting it all ahead of time “may not be the right play.”

Hmm. Developer hints that retroactive mog learning may not work as easily as someone might think. Other than sharing a hint, that may be the most WoW thing I’ve seen in a long time.

OTOH, the cost of grabbing the mog early is one bank slot, and AFAICT it can even be a Void Storage slot (remember that?). So no tragedy if it drops for an ineligible alt, and you bank it until TWW drops and you discover you have to grind it anew to get the mog.

The real loss is the time grinding on alts that can’t get the mog immediately if the dev’s caution is justified, but in theory you could just as easily be grinding the mount and get the tusks as a bonus.