War Within Alpha Story Spoilers

Especially not after folding high elf customizations into the other two high elf races. Half the Silver Covenant NPCs in TWW are even built from the void elf model.

For bonus points, these two characters are hanging out together, which is either a clever nod to Halduron’s lore as the first blood elf to get over his prejudice and develop a rapport with the Horde’s trolls or pure coincidence. I choose to believe it’s the former.

6 Likes

There are plenty of way to do this though, I expect a eredar situation when we get more customization/the high elf nameplate. Or they will just add new customization create the high elves with more varied body times/looks to them in the same vein as the earthen.

But we already have the customization. There’s nothing else to give to high elves because we already have everything with blood/void elves. Except blue and silver underwear I guess?

4 Likes

New body types/new hairstyles new looks. Look, better people then me have made mock up of what high elves could look like.

Why would they have different body types than the other elves who are literally the same race? New hairstyles is not a new race, no matter how much elves care about their hair.

5 Likes

You might as well ask that of Kul Tirans.

The race no one wanted and like 5 people play?

2 Likes

Most of the old high elf fan concepts I recall hinged on Farstrider/Magister tattoos, which was self-defeating in the first place, since both those groups became blood elves and the void elves are headed up by one of each. Oh, and braided hair, styled after Alleria, the void elf racial leader…

Blue eyes were the high elves’ only unique identifier and they lost it to the two playable high elf races, in specific response to the high elf request. It’s like asking for playable Wildhammer dwarves after dwarves were given Wildhammer customizations, or playable man’ari after 10.1.7. Redundant to say the least.

4 Likes

The Kul’tirans are at least distinct enough from the Stormwind humans by being bigger and all. I actually race changed to one for the RP I’m currently doing and it’s soo much better.

But blizz isn’t likely going to make ANOTHER elf playable when they begrudgingly added the high elf customizations at the last minute not too long ago.

3 Likes

Oh, this is interesting, the only night elf paladin appearing in a situation like this is pretty interesting.

8 Likes

We don’t need more elves. What we need is amani trolls playable.

I want Harronir.

5 Likes

Nobody needs more elves.

We need the harronir :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Yes, yes we do.

:joy_cat:

2 Likes

No we do not.

Ok, I changed my mind. Add high elves, but make them as fat as Kul Tirans. That should be good entertainment.

13 Likes

OMG, that would be hilarious . I can see the meltdowns now if that happened :dracthyr_lulmao:

8 Likes

I am imagining they might roll high/void/blood elf mechanically into just a neutral ‘Thalassian elf’ race , and then make all the prior customization open for everyone plus perhaps some bucket list high elf customization people have wanted like tattoos.

3 Likes

I would like to say I am very glad that Blizzard is making the generic Alliance/Horde soldier NPCs have racial armor and not just shoving everyone into Human or Orc gear and tabards like they have in the past.

16 Likes