War Within Alpha Story Spoilers

Why pick one?

Upgraded Goblin war blimps, Tauren riding windriders/giant eagles, and Dracthyr all working together. Getting us an interesting story as the 3 groups mesh

10 Likes

I wouldnā€™t want to be reliant on Drakthyr flying, but Highmountain eagles are in an element of their own. They can fly across the ocean without becoming fatigued.

5 Likes

I donā€™t really get whatā€™s being discussed here.

ā€œThe Hordeā€ is not an army. ā€œThe Hordeā€ doesnā€™t have or need an air force. ā€œThe Hordeā€ is a system of agreements for mutual defense and governance between several nations, each of which has its own military and can see to its own air needs.

Dracthyr are certainly welcome to help, I guess, but thereā€™s nothing for them to be in charge of. The Highmountain Eagles are under the command of Mayla and she can choose to offer them as she sees fit. Goblin Zepps are available for hire to anyone with cash. Forsaken have their bats, Orcs have their wyverns, etc.

3 Likes

Donā€™t forget the Zandalari.

2 Likes

Fair point i do like the horde being made up of seperate entities with their own resources

4 Likes

The fate of various Dalaran characters after the city is destroyed.

At least there is a SLIGHT chance Khadgar might still be alive after all. Gives me hope :dracthyr_nod:

3 Likes

Uda lived, Xal is screwed.

Either you get the lady with 2 wolves who tanked wave after wave of assassinations, or worse, you hurt or killed one of her dogs and now you have orcish john wick coming after you.

5 Likes

The Horde has always been an army and it is only appropirate if we finally can have a commander for the aerial forces. Donā€™t care who but someone that makes sense would make me happy.

• Yā€™tekhi, an Ascended Nerubian, is a spy Widow Arakā€™nai.
  • We discover that Queen Neferess, Queen Ansurekā€™s mother, presumed dead after being betrayed by her daughter is the first ascended and idls imprisoned.
  • Xalā€™atath can control of the Ascended Nerubians, like Harbinger to the Collectors in Mass Effect.
  • Arakā€™nai thinks killing Neferess would be a mercy, but Voss thinks they can save her.
5 Likes

Shocked to see Marin Noggenfogger being one of the first NPCs we encounter after the Dorn Dalaran crashlanding. Seems that the short story had a real impact on his character, as heā€™s working hard in the middle of the battlefield to supply the survivors with antivenom.

4 Likes

Indeed. Good to see him not squander a prime marketting opportunity.

ā€œNoggenfogger Elixirs. Because your dumb dead friends went with Gilnean Natural.ā€

6 Likes

Doesnā€™t seem like thereā€™s any sign of Vereesa. If Vereesa doesnā€™t survive then itā€™s a good explanation for why Alleria suddenly adopts Vereesaā€™s aesthetics.

Alleria states that Vareesa moved away from Dalaran a few years ago and both her and her kids are safe

4 Likes

Weird. Itā€™s starting to look and sound like Alleria took over the Silver Covenant.

Maybe the whole silver covenant got converted into renā€™dorei?

That would make some noise with the fandom.

Nah high elves are still seen

Her Majesty the Queen is in a Cā€™Thraxxi-like state.

I wonder what she will look like when that is reversedā€¦

Vereesa created the Silver Covenant because she despised the Fel Taint that the Blood Elves ingested.

Once Midnight comes and the Void rampages across Silvermoon Iā€™m sure she will go all ā€œVoid Taint!ā€ and flee with a group of High Elves to Avaloren where the Arathi live.

I douby theyā€™d commit to that, but putting the high elf/void elf hybrid in charge of both high elf/void elf factions would neatly consolidate the ā€œraceā€ now void elves have high elf customizations.

Incidentally, the Sunreavers and Silver Covenant all got updated models for TWW and quite a few SC are using the void elf customizations. Makes you thinkā€¦

2 Likes

Perhaps, Vereesa relinquished leadership to her?