Wanting to be hated

And you still can.

Nothing about Night Elf “defining elements” are getting erased.
Everything that Night Elves were when you first rolled one still remains that way today.

One Night Elf turning to the Light does not erase 10 thousand years of night elves culture. Hell, if anything, it’ll help them return to their pre-WoW version of themselves.

After all, the Moon is only an incarnation of the Light. They are connected.

Except their aversion to the Arcane. Their rigid gender roles. Their political and military independence.

See, this is part of the problem. This wasn’t the case when I first rolled a Night Elf. This is new lore. Blizzard once again homogenizing the faction races.

1. They never really had an aversion to the arcane. They just stopped practicing a form of it.
  2. Their rigid gender roles ceased being a thing prior to you playing one, so that’s nitpicking.
  3. That’s more an issue with bad writing. Has nothing o do with “homogenization.”

Not new lore. Just expanding on lore where there was none.
Because the Night Elves and their culture didn’t exist in a vacuum. Everything is connected. Elune has always been a being of Light and Arcane. Only thing the Lore has done is clarify, at least a little better, how they are linked.

But we still have a long way to go.

10K years of killing arcane practitioners on sight… That’s not an aversion?

It’s not nitpicking. It was a major defining characteristic of the race in WC3.

Regardless if it is happening intentionally or as a result of bad writing, it is happening regardless.

Before Elune was her own entity. Her magic did not resemble the Light in anyway. Now, suddenly, her magic is light magic. That is new lore.

1 Like

No, because that’s not what they did.

And not one when you chose to play one.

Not really. Her power was ill-defined, and previously more associated with the arcane. But that didn’t work narratively. But she has always been of “the light”, even before the “Light” was a thing.

This is just wrong. There is a clearly-defined difference between Tyrande using Starfall in Reign of Chaos vs. Arthas as a Paladin and the high-elven (and later, blood-elven) Priests using Light-based spells.

Elune has never been linked with the Holy Light prior to the suggestion that she’s a Naaru.

Yes, they did. Practicing Arcane was punishable by death…

I had plans to play Night Elves long before WoW went live. I was also far younger and made my decision based on my familiarity with WC3.

How are you going to argue Nelf lore when you don’t even know basic nelf lore, like their aversion to the Arcane, and Elune?

Why would you ever argue for MORE homogenization between faction races? Its’ damn stupid.

You clearly didn’t read what I wrote. I didn’t say she used Light-based spells.

I read what you wrote, which was

which is wrong.

Right. But they didn’t just kill “arcane practitioners on sight.” Only those who broke their law.

Yes but you chose to play a Night Elf in game with full knowledge that the Gender lines were abolished.

I can argue because I DO know it but even more, I actually UNDERSTAND IT.

Who said I am? I never once said any such thing nor do I believe it’s happening on a substantial level. Certainly not to the degree to get so upset over.

Who said I am? I never once said any such thing nor do I believe it’s happening on a substantial level. Certainly not to the degree to get so upset over.

I mean, it certainly looks like you are to me. You’re just coating it in the usual “Night Elves have always been this way because I’m retroactively applying more recent pieces of lore that are the objects of critique in the first place” veneer.

1 Like

Clearly not.

Nope. Still right. The Light of Elune has also been a light, even before the “Light” was a founded religion.

… And practicing the Arcane was against the law, so they killed them lol.

No I didn’t. As I said, my familiarity with Warcraft 3 played a huge role in deciding what race I wanted to play. And even as I played WoW, I saw Zero male Sentinels. Zero Male Priests.

You are arguing against the most established aspects of Kaldorei lore lol.

Then you haven’t been reading what I’ve wrote and only seeing what you want to see.

Except that I have - in particular this weird insistence Elune is the of the light.

2 Likes

The “light of Elune” was literally in reference to the moonlight. Because Elune is a moon goddess, worshipped by Night elves.

Elune has traditionally had absolutely nothing to do with the Holy Light used by virtually every other race whose members contain priests.

You cannot possibly be this ignorant.

1 Like

And? You haven’t disputed my point.

Your personal choice in game doesn’t make something canon.

HOW? I’m using actual Lore.

NPCs are now a player’s personal choice? :scream:

What, does that mean all of Battle for Azeroth was actually done by internet trolls? IT ALL MAKES SENSE!!!

And You’re being willingly disingenuous by choosing to ignore my point.

I Never said Elune had to do with the HOLY LIGHT. “Holy Light” is only version of the Light but isn’t all there is to it.

I said her power is an incarnation of the Light. A Reflection or altered state of Light, which MOONLIGHT has always been. Moonlight has NEVER been depicted in lore as anything other then that. It is not a different magic then Light.

Mu’sha and An’she are equal reflections of one another but aren’t different powers.

Again, you being disingenuous.

Now you’re contradicting yourself.

Which is false.

Applying science and astronomy to a game of fantasy and magic, kek :joy:

This is literally how moonlight has been depicted, every time we’ve seen it.

Seriously, go compare a Holy Priest to a Balance Druid; what you’re claiming literally has no basis.

Nope, you said and I quote:

So basically, you’re claiming that Akiyass’ “personal choice” in making her character somehow extends to NPC (female) Sentinels and (female) Moon Priestesses, gg :joy: