Wanna change races for PvP but not for RP

Do you guys think it would be acceptable to switch my Nightborne to Night Elf for the PvP racial but still RP as a Nightborne?

From my experience RPing I’ve seen people do this but Im just wondering if this would be an acceptable thing for RP purposes? I love my NB main so I am really torn on this. What do you guys think?

I have seen this plenty of times on Moon Guard because people want to be on alliance side for more activity. However, some people will still push back cause ‘horde in alliance city’.

Oh yeah…

Just be ready to come up with a good excuse for it and accept that you’ll have a harder time finding people to RP with.

Also,

I frequently have a similar problem with classes. I want to RP an Elven Shaman, usually a blood elf, so I roll whatever race lets me get as close as I can to my intended look via the atomic and orb toys. Most people are fairly cool with it, a few get gatekeeperish about it claiming that elves can’t be shaman, but at the end of the day, just do what you most enjoy, and which doesn’t deny others their own enjoyment.

I think you should do what you want, Caitsu. But then, I play as a fox with absolutely zero PvP relevant bonuses. If you trash people and hit Duelist as a Nightborne, you’re just a bigger badass.

As for RP, people have been RPing as Nightborne on Alliance side since before they were unlocked as a Horde-only race. If you get pushback just look at them strangely until they get uncomfortable.

Going to roleplay as a Night Elf in Orgrimmar?

That will go over REAL well.

Lol no… I would likely just move my RP to neutral/stormwind… however, I have years of back story, and RP, and even custom art as a NB. I’ve mained NB since they came out…

I am swapping soley for shadomeld as I would actually like to push Glad for once. And drink/meld in arenas is enough to be a game changer for my mana in some matches as a healer. I suppose I could just level a new toon and use that for PvP only… but swapping my RP to a more populated alliance does also sound appealing.

Hey op, you could definitely do that! I too have see people already do so and it makes plenty of sense.

Besides this I’m hoping they bring purple eyes to more races too :eyes: lol