Wandering Ancient Mount & Seasons

My buddies & I are super hyped and appreciative of the Wandering Ancient Mount (Looks Amazing! ) - but for us Oceanic players, we seemed abit confused on the season-aspect of it at first.

The mount changes colour with seasons. The mounts currently in Winter appeal, though for a lot of us we just had a 30 degree Celsius+ Summer day & were scratching our heads in hot confusion to why it was all snowy :thinking: – 'til we realised it’s only rolling with American seasons, lol. Wondering if Blizzard could compensate the mount for having more accurate seasoning in alignment to the servers that players are on. :slight_smile:

— Before I get any objections, or unnecessary insults - I’m not whinging about the mount or demanding; for what it’s worth I love the mount & the aesthetics it brings either way, we’re simply asking; additionally it wouldn’t be too much effort to flip the reverse-switch on seasons for Oceanic / Regions to be more respectfully recognised.

7 Likes

Hey guys! I’m posting in an Aussie thread!

1 Like

:partying_face:
G’day ~ Happy Days mate! Ultimately though, there’s more than just Aussies in Oceanic servers, lol - but yeah a lot of us are Australian :yum:

i actually hate that it changes color with the season. i want mine always green

:pensive:

1 Like

A toggle would be better. Then people could match mogs more than 3 months of the year

2 Likes

Totally make it like all my useless RGB I put in my PC. Gimme a rainbow option to cycle through all the variants! =D

Additionally, for anyone who comes across this thread wondering why their Wandering Ancient has yet to arrive & is currently sipping pina-coladas in Ashenvale or Feralas before making their wandering-way to you as a new friend –

I was confused at first because March is the first month of Autumn in Australia (and our seasons start on the first day of the month), so I couldn’t work out why the tree was still showing Winter (since I know you’re opposite to us in the northern hemisphere). But I just found out the US seasons don’t start on the first of the month so makes sense now.

He killed Christmas Pepe.

Bad tree is bad.

Except this is blizzard we’re talking about here. This would be more work and now that it is in the game I’d imagine they have already forgotten they added and have no idea what you’re even asking for.

So enjoy your winter tree in summer.

Should be changing to spring soon. Wonder what it will look like. Oh if it had cherry blossoms on it that would be the best Mount ever!!! :cherry_blossom: :heart_eyes:

I’d love to see this but our ingame calendar doesn’t even reflect whats going on.

Oceanic woes…

1 Like

I love that it changes with the seasons. I have the blossoming tree pet from the store, it changes too. OP brings up a really interesting point. I never thought about the changing being out of sync with other areas of the world. Hope Bliz can come up with a solution for this one.

1 Like

I’m sure it’s on the schedule right after accurate time-of-day lighting for the Oceanic servers. Except they claim that’s “working as intended,” so we have to use a toy with a 24-hour cooldown to get two precious hours of in-game daylight during the, err, daytime.

1 Like

Honestly it should just be like the Enchanted Fey Dragon and change every minute or so

It would be a lot cooler imo

1 Like

That toy is an insult, 24hr cooldown for a 2hr toy. It’s actually a slap in the face, there’s no reason they did this other than to tell us they don’t care.

1 Like

You will take your northern hemisphere winter and like it.

I agree a toggle option would make it more viable and fun, I do prefer the green one as well please blizzard give us that option <3