Wand Auto-Shoot

I’m back to WoW after leaving after some light raiding post WotLK. You used to be able to set your wand to auto-shoot when you don’t cast anything else. It’s not happening. Is there a way to activate this? I hate to mash a button for the last sliver of mob health.

Aside from activating auto-attack, which is based on your attack speed and should be automatically activated when you make an initial attack, there is no other way to cause a weapon to attack on its own.

Works fine on my melee toons. Doesn’t work on my casters.

I haven’t used a wand recently, but for a while at the start of BfA the wand auto-shooting was causing problems by delaying some spellcasts. (If you didn’t queue up your next cast soon enough, you’d start the shoot animation and have to wait briefly while it canceled to cast.)

It looks like they may have fixed this by making so that wands don’t auto-shoot anymore after casting. Given that this was causing people to have to not use upgrades if they happened to be a wand, it’s probably for the best, even if you don’t like having to hit another button to finish off a mob.