Waiting around for these Week 1 weekly quests are still just the worst

I don’t understand the decision to make the time between these events so long. It’d be cool to space the Siege, the Grant Hunt, and Community Feast 20 minutes apart. It’s a simple loop and you’re done for the week.

I don’t remember Week 2 or Week 3’s Last Hurrah quest having this much waiting around.

11 Likes

Grand hunt is constantly running, and siege is fast enough you can fly from siege to feast if they happen at the same time.

1 Like

honestly the worst part is siege. at least if you show up for the feast, you do 5 tasks and you are done, plenty of time to hop on alts and do that as well. hunts just keep resetting and you can join them whenever.

but siege… every 2 hours and if you are not there at the start? good luck. it doesn’t just keep running - once its finished? its done. server hopping doesn’t help either.

if they are going to require it, at a MINIMUM, they can bring it in line with other events where you do not have 2 hours wait AND can join in as long as the general event still running (like you know EVERY OTHER EVENT with exception of researchers which ALSO has that setup,… sigh… they could fix THAT too while we are at it)

6 Likes

You can join in once Siege is running. You just have to be in the area when it finishes.

I mean…you can just look at the tracker on wowhead to see when the next event is going to be, and do something else in the meantime.

I don’t think you are understanding. right now, because its the weekly - siege ends practicaly in minutes. same happens when researchers are weekly.

however - unlike something like superbloom, or cooking or rift etc which have a set time they run for regardless of how many people are doing it and unlike hunts that just keep traveling around continuously?

siege for the keep - once its done, its DONE. you have to wait 2 hours for the next one to start. being able to join one in progress is not much of a boon when said progress is over almost as soon as it started and that is the ONLY chance you get.

THAT is the issue.

3 Likes

I hate the “timed” events that happen at specific times. I find it hard to “catch them” when you’re doing M+ and such, you either have to sit around and just wait and not do anything else or you will likely miss them.

It’s why I am not bothering with them

2 Likes

Researchers has timers, it can’t end in minutes.

The timing on siege can be tight, but all you have to do is manage to be somewhere in that area at the right time, once, for the entire week. I admit I don’t think this is as much of an issue as you make it out to be.

This is a calculated decision by blizzard to ensure they hit time played metrics. That’s the only reason.

Agreed. This is my preferred week. Keep - Fly to Soup - Find Hunt. Or if my timing is off a wee bit, Soup - Hunt - 5 TW - Keep. Or any combination.

Something doesn’t need to be a major issue before feedback on its design can be legitimate.

Events on a 1 or 2 hour timer that you may need to schedule your other activities around are annoying. Not a massive game breaking problem, but annoying and could be designed better.

It typically runs for longer than the Siege does, yes, but that’s only because it has more steps to complete. Aside from that, it’s still pretty often that the indicator on the map will say that the researchers are ‘in the field’ but there’s no event going on because it’s already over.

1 Like

Dragon flight is played while doing something else way more interesting and engaging.

Siege is every odd hour EST. Feasts are every 90 minutes. Hunts are all the time. World Boss drops a cache, and he’s up all the time. Timewalking WotLK is up this week, so that means TW Ulduar is up, and that’s about an hour and gets you a piece of Heroic tier at the end and a chance at Champion loot every boss and does the weekly, which gets you guaranteed Champion gear. There’s also about 10k in gold quests across the Isles/Dream/Cavern right now.

So, no, I don’t see that there’s a “stand around and wait” issue at all.

1 Like

Siege wouldn’t be so bad if it happened every hour but every odd hour SUCKS. There’s no way to get multiple alts done in one timer so you’re just stuck waiting for the next one to come around.

The hunt is easy and always going on somewhere and the feast isn’t too bad if you park all your alts there you can get 5 or so alts done with the feast in one timer.

3 Likes

Siege could go from every other hour to every hour easily and still have plenty in attendance. I did it yesterday and it was done in no more than 5 mins. People were still running down the stairs to kill the final dude (who died in like 5 sec).

1 Like

Making them instances where you can queue with other players would fix it. Then no one is waiting around for timers. They wouldn’t really need to do this if they didn’t put 3 timed events as a weekly though, so there’s that.

it has relatively few short timers, but I’ve been in researchers groups that ended under 10 minutes because of how quickly people would burn through objectives. those timers are almost more to let people complete steps NOT to make sure every one of those steps lasts for as long as timer does - unlike for instance superbloom.

if you are not there at or close to the start? you are likely missing it.

I didn’t even do last week’s on alts because it required Superbloom.

Superbloom is by FAR the worst of the weekly events.

really? how? it happens on a pretty regular schedule, its not an event that can end early and unlike having to do 3 events this week - its just one singular event. I literally finished the weekly on 4 characters over the course of a single day, just hopping in on and off, and one of the superblooms I, again literally, managed to make it to in its last stage and it still counted for completion with less then 5 minutes of participation. with this event, I’m sitting on siege not completed for 2 days now because of how freaking TINY the window of being able to do it - is right now.