Wait, why do we have finish the full DF quest line to play TWW?

I finished on one toon only.

I don’t recall other expacs requiring us to complete the previous xpac quest line

usually you log in, and whatever the 1st quest is for the new xpac you are allowed to do.

after reading today’s notes, it says

you have to do the complete DF quest line to progress?

wtf is that

2 Likes

No we don’t, the Dark Heart questline is just for the prepatch questline that comes out on July 30th.

3 Likes

im not talking about darkheart.

theres a line somewhere in that wall of text today that says you have to complete the DF questline to start the prepatch questline tomorrow.

VISIONS OF AZEROTH

• Strange visions are calling to the heroes of Azeroth. Players who have reached level 70 and have completed the final chapter of the Dragonflight questline will be called to take their next steps into the story leading into The War Within with the first part of the “Visions of Azeroth” questline.

It’s just to progress in the story… I think.

1 Like

There is no prepatch questline tomorrow. The prepatch event isn’t until next Tuesday.

This is the only thing I’ve seen about a requirement for anything, and it’s the dark heart questline for prepatch.

i hope so-- i did already a month? ago on ONE toon, i hope that is all that is required

Oh, not sure. Guess maybe it’s an extra epilogue and a bridge into TWW and maybe the bridge to the pre patch stuff that happens on the 30th? I suppose we’ll find out tomorrow.

Looks like this week is going to be busy figuring out the new talent changes. lol

1 Like

When does the speedy leveling start?

Just have to complete the harbinger questline. That is all.

1 Like

According to the patch notes, there is a pre-patch quest line.

The quest line and the event are different features.

“Visions of Azeroth” is the quest line and it requires completing the Dark Heart/Harbinger quest line.

“Radiant Echoes” is the event that requires level 10 and doesn’t begin for another week.

Regardless, none of this says you must complete Dragonflight to play The War Within.

1 Like

Why?

Not sure what it is without looking it up. I’m sure I’ve done it on one of my toons, switched mains mid season so not sure which, but…

Why have a requirement at all?

Because that’s how questing works. It takes 15 minutes to do the harbinger questline. It’s not a problem.

No. :point_down:

3 Likes

Yeah I realize that now, didn’t see that questline among all the other changes, oops. I just know the prepatch event doesn’t start until next Tuesday so I guess we’ll see if this is account wide or not. I’ve complete the DF questline on this toon and one other, maybe a 3rd so I’ll see.

Because it’s the continuation of another quest line. You play part 1 and then you play part 2.

The event has no quest requirements.

Also, story quests completion is now tracked across your whole account, so doing it once should be fine.

It’s how quest lines work. The question is why connect quest lines across different content patches.

Either the character will have done it or it will create a ton of unneeded confusion short and long term. Distinctly remember tearing my hair out multiple times trying get a pet or toy that was at the end of some multi patch story quest line in legion and BfA. Hours of digging through WoWHead trying to figure out what all the prerequisites are.

Because. Who gives a flying turd? It takes 10-15 minutes to complete the harbinger questline. Honestly.

Do the questline on one character. You’re done. About as simple as it gets

Ok, you say that now, when you remember what that is, where to start it, and how long it will take. But a year from now, two years, ten years from now… if there’s something at the end of this that a player may want, un-winding these multi patch quest lines can be a real nightmare. Especially if there’s dozens of other unfinished quest lines around.

“What inane thing can I whine about today?”