Wait, SoM get to choose any realm?

Nah, prob unsubbing because I couldn’t join my friends on a locked server. This SoM move by blizzard makes it feel even worse TBH.

Please don’t act like I am talking about small servers lol. I’ve made that very clear.

It gets worse.
Unless Blizz is on the ball, someone can go make a toon now in SoM and take the free transfer to a locked server.
Now they have a foothold - a character on a locked server - so will they now be allowed to bypass transfer locks too because they have a character already on the locked server?

1 Like

I dont see how to xfer right now. did they disable it again?

Hmmm I definitely am not going to try this at all.

I have many SoM friends from Grobbulus who are super excited that they can come home. People who’ve been supporting the classic experiment since 2019 shouldn’t be punished cus a few WOTLK andys are big mad.

4 Likes

Still disabled.

What are WOTLK andys?

Tourists coming for WOTLK alone. They may stay to the end; history shows most Dont.

And there’s definitely not more people out there that will.
I’m wondering if when they allow the SoM transfers if they aren’t just removing the locks.

The horror. Anyway.

We will see. This could be possible. I’d $ transfer a couple myself just to be with a few RL friends.

Would explain why Aggrend was a bit vague in the post.
Don’t want to start a stampede.

Im so confused, im reading the blue post right now.

From Season of Mastery Realm To Wrath Classic Realm OR to Classic Era Realm Realm Type
Jom Gabbar Eranikus Whitemane PvP
Nightfall Eranikus Whitemane PvP
Mutanus Eranikus Whitemane PvP
Barman Shanker Eranikus Whitemane PvP
Swamp of Sorrows Yojamba Whitemane PvP
Lionheart Remulos Mankrik Normal
Shadowstrike Atiesh Mankrik Normal
Obsidian Edge Atiesh Mankrik Normal

What you mean “they get to pick any server they want” … what?

Edit: Okay i read the Kaivax post… very odd. But i imagine itll be like… nobody coming over from SoM… those servers have been incredibly dead for a very long time.

That post/table you quoted is no longer valid.
Here is the current situation:

And the poster is Aggrend not Kaivax.

Yee i posted an edit :slight_smile:

New character creations need to be locked on SoM immediately or level restrictions need to be put in or this will happen. I didn’t even want to mention it on the forums because it’s the type of thing that will spread like wildfire but yeah… you’re right.

1 Like

Why not talk about it?
I don’t believe I’m the first one to figure that out so there’s probably already been attempts to do so. There’s a huge exp buff so putting a level limit might not work to prevent it.

I’m also concerned that bots will attempt this as well.

who cares?

Yeah well both of us thought about this and I’m sure many others did too, it’s just that someone might look and be like “Oh SoM transfers, I don’t care” and ignore the topic but the prospect of getting onto a realm that is locked now is actually pretty big for some people.

You’re probably right about the bots too.

I did think about saying something to Blizzard on their announcement thread but it’s locked and frankly, it feels like none of my feedback has ever been looked at. I only post on these forums to talk to other Classic players.

Anyway with them saying November 1st they could still prevent the problem. New character creations should really be turned off on SoM now because the SoM servers have basically been retired by the player base already, even those who stayed until the Naxx clears.

1 Like

Honestly that was my main concern.
If Blizz had managed to cull some of them during this lockout and they couldn’t get back in, this would be a decent opportunity.

That does get me a bit miffed.
Pointing out things that seem to run contrary to what they say they want isn’t just idle chatter. The nonsense treatment of Earthfury being one of those. So with the announcement today it still doesn’t have to be addressed directly since “guis its for erry servers lol”. I’ve said before that I don’t have a character there - so why do I care?

The lack of acknowledgement is troubling and, dare I say, seems symptomatic of deeper problems which could spread further.
But no, I’m just an old man yelling at clouds.

2 Likes

This was sad.

3 Likes