Wait so, you're telling me fury is stuck with S2?

Not really, but you do you.

Thats kinda where I was going with my whole rant. It baffles me why they would force people to play a set they hated for the last season of the xpac.

They really should allow people to choose their set bonuses and if they change their mind they can use the catalyst to swap set bonuses.

I can’t see how balancing sets would be an issue since they just made minor tweaks to most of the sets that won.

I’m admittedly frusterated because in its current state I have zero desire to play the last season.

I don’t mind tier bonuses pushing us down certain paths for the season, but I would strongly advocate for this final “recap” season here it’s important that the set bonus support multiple playstyles.

I actually think season 2 is best positioned to do that, they just need to make sure bloodthirst builds can actually benefit from the stacking mechanic.

Some people like Raging Blow, some people like Bloodthirst. I think it’s great that both options exist within the tree, but it’s not great that if you want to play Bloodthirst builds with the season 2 bonus you’ll do 10-15% less damage. That’s not fun.

You do realize that this was voted on and this is what people voted for right?

At the time I had voted season 3 set was miles ahead of the other 2 sets. From the looks of it season 3 was the clear winner so i stopped paying attention to it.

When the recent patch notes were released I realized that somehow season 2 just blew past season 3 in some kinda miracle last minute push?

Either way, the voting idea was pretty stupid and it shows how uncommitted the devs are to the end of dragonflight.

How do you know it was a last minute push and not a creep? From your own words, you voted and quit paying attention until the patch notes mentioned something about it?

Yes, totally uncommitted by allowing the playerbase a major say in how they play in S4. Nailed it

2 Likes

I agree I want my raging blow back. But I’ve also gotten used to anni spec. It’s whatever either way I’m a warrior until I quit the game or the servers shut down.

You really shouldn’t invite this level of scrutiny when your parses all the way back to MoP fluctuate from grey to green overalls. You’ve never been remotely close to 50th percentile, let alone top US.

S3 is the simplest, most braindead version of fury that’s existed in literally decades. It seems to be you that doesn’t understand fury.

In normal, a 50-60 parse is not indicative of a strong grasp on a spec, sorry. And it has FAR more to do with the fact that they are telling people they don’t know fury warrior when it’s blatantly clear they have a tenuous grasp on it at best.

3 Likes

im sorry bruh but nobody has ever purposefully chosen to play Annihilator. Raging blow is just the superior playstyle. the only thing do debate on is whether to play RA over AM and if you want to drop a point in vicious contempt to pick up bloodborne for extra roar and gushing wound damage. i for one cant wait to pop off when i hear the “KACHING” you would know what i mean if you actually played the spec properly

See, I’d disagree with that.

Out of the two Annihilator is more fun for me, since you’re not pressing the same buttons twice in a row as often and S2’s build was always tilting when you avoided pressing bloodthirst entirely when your raging blow refused to reset a stack and you didn’t have enough rage to rampage and did not want to gamble hitting that crit on BT while you’re stacking up the set bonus.

While Raging Blow builds can be enjoyable to begin with they get really monotonous fast from a button pressing standpoint, at least with annihilator you’re actively engaging with different key presses more.

Raging Blow builds have been the forefront of fury for too long so it’s become a stagnant playstyle for those who’ve played it for a while in PvE.

I know personally for myself I’ll still be mostly sticking with Arms like I have for most of the xpac given it’ll be a meme season as is.
Might as well play what’s more fun that still does enough to not troll the group. Unless tuning dictates otherwise where fury is miles ahead and needs to do a certain role.

7 Likes

I’ve never mained a Warrior or spent a whole lot of time with them, but i’ve always enjoyed Raging Blow builds. It just feels so…warrioresque

Except almost half the votes for the tier set was indeed voting for this playstyle? If it had been tuned more competitively in the first two seasons you would have seen more people play it as well. But taking a 10-15% dps loss to not play raging blow makes that not an option for a lot of players.

It’s a GOOD THING to be able to play different playstyles. But if they don’t change the tier somehow to work with Bloodthirst builds then as mentioned above the dps loss makes it not really an option.

4 Likes

I don’t know, I don’t find alternating the same two buttons to be more fun/engaging than hitting more buttons over the general course of the fight.

To each their own, but by your preferences you can just toss raging blow on two different keybinds and alternate presses and the problem is solved, lol.

I don’t think they gave up on retail they just know that people will pay anyway even if they hand us a bag full of crap

Sorry, what alternating the same two buttons over the whole fight?
This only ever happens within Recklessness windows which pending RNG isn’t always happening.

You’re filling in 4 attacks in between each Bloodthirst between Slam, Whirlwind, Execute and Rampage outside of Reck procs, which helps keep pacing solid from a gameplay pov and it’s still near GCD locked too when played correctly, while not being just a spammy stormstrike clone.

Funnily enough, this was my solution to making Arms enjoyable in WoD during Hellfire Citadel, Whirlwind was on 2 keybinds as it was the spammable rage dump at the time, until I just went with glyphed thunderclap (which was the tiniest dps increase) as the extra filler to break the monotony.

Raging blow used to be a lot more central to Fury before Rampage’s inclusion. There was actual agency in proccing enrage to be able to use the charges you would get from enrage procs that made Raging Blow a really fun mechanic to play around. Now? it’s a shell of it’s original design and with the amount of reset mechanics they’ve added to it my personal opinion on the matter is that it devalues what it is meant to be in the rotation, a rage generating filler that hits harder than bloodthirst.

Then there’s also how Bloodthirst used to be the pivotal fury attack which the spec was centralised around being reduced to a weak filler with a self heal on it.

3 Likes