Wait on the nerfs

they probably are - just choose not to put in the time and effort to make it happen.

NOBODY expects raid to be done in < 1 month. You’re looking at the top 1% of CE guilds who raid 15 hours+ a week not at those of us who raid 5-8hr/wk. The raid is extremely accessible already, the fact that less progressed guilds can do heroic and prog there is great.

We WANT this content to be hard and remain hard for at least a good chunk of this patch. If we wanted easy raids we’d go play classic.

I can tell that you aren’t a CE/mythic raider at all. Which means your opinion is fairly mute when you’re telling us what WE want from raid. I’d be more than happy to see MASSIVE nerfs to the content with a .5 patch. But until that .5 patch drops we should be keeping the nerfs to the bare minimum.

Best case scenario is that season 3 + season 4 combined last 12 months. If we were to assume an even split, that means we’ve still got 4-ish months of S3.

Only because of the lock-out system.

I’d love to see Ion remove the lock-out just to see this facade crumble, although I suspect that’s part of the reason he won’t. Gotta preserve the myth that this content is challenging.

Why? Most people don’t run the raid more than a couple times.

How do you think the justify the development cost of the raid? Metrics, how much of your player base ran this raid? Was it a good use of resources? Clearly raids are not a good use of recourses are they are designed now because subs are rock bottom.

Blizzard need to rethink raids in general.

You’re posting on an alliance character not even max level. Your opinions are more or less useless on end-game content if you don’t even do end-game content.

Most people will be running this raid until 10.0 prepatch drops. Once you have all the gear/mounts you need you will then sell mounts to people to get gold for consumes next patch.

Without raids, the game is dead. Flat out, full stop. You can have fun picking flowers in the game if you so choose to, but most of us like hard content.

1 Like

(X) Doubt.

More likely, people will run it once every 3 weeks when it comes up in the Fated rotation. And Blizzard is going to bring the raid down in difficulty to roughly match the other raids. We’ve probably got 4-ish months left on this raid, which means Blizzard needs to tune down some of these bosses so folks can get their CE since it won’t be an 8-month tier like 9.0 / 9.1. Seems to fit.

Nah. The game would take a huge hit but if they switched to M+ as the main focus of the game the game would still go on. In fact, in the twilight of this game I expect that to happen, for them to wind down from designing new raid content to focus on seasonal content. New M+ affixes, reshuffling the dungeon roster, etc.

1 Like

I mean with the nerfs maybe not, but we’ll clear every week until everyone has mounts + we can’t find buyers.

This is just a massive over-nerf into a really young raid tier. The first 6 bosses are a literal meme and halon/andy are the first 100+ pull bosses then you get 2 easy bangers until another hard boss.

I think m+ would do well, but still it is far less social than raiding which is what keeps most people playing this game.

I’ll tell you this… i’m in the top 0.3% or so in m+ usually and a CE raider but without hard mythic tier I just wouldn’t play the game.

I mean, you’re kind of making my argument for me. If Cutting Edge players suddenly stopped playing… sure Blizzard wouldn’t make as much money but life would go on.

I honestly do not expect any nerfs to the raid or to the tier sets. Season 4, which comes with 9.2.5 apparently since they said there is no 9.3, is going to have the current raid and the 2 pervious raids tuned up to new difficulty.

The only guaranteed nerfs, are the nerfs made to fun.

1 Like

If CE players stopped playing the game is more or less dead. Who do you think most of the streamers/etc are that drive hype and do carries?

Who do you think are the players that carry the random LFG heroic pugs on our alts? Have you ever done a heroic pug without some mythic/CE raiders in it? Because I’ve seen some friends do them and it isn’t pretty lol

The only people you see consistently playing now are raiders/high end key pushers/pvpers. Most of my friends who play “casually” haven’t even touched WoW since the new Diablo release. They game hop because they aren’t good enough to clear content in WoW and after 6 weeks they lose interest.

Lol no.

So then you’d see key pushers and PvPers. Seems fine. Less revenue but manageable.

Okay I should clarify, not CE players EXPLICITLY. But those of us in mythic raiding guilds.

Just run around oribos right now and look… over 50% of people you’ll see online are previous tier CE players. The only time you see this dynamic shift is for like 2-3 hours in the evening tues-thurs because the raiders are all in the raid xD

But seriously, just look at people’s RIO stats as you pass by them and you’ll be amazed how many people who actively play are actually mythic raiders.

Most key pushers are mythic/CE raiders too. Go ahead and look at the top keyers and you’ll see > 90% of them are in CE guilds. The game is dead without the good players because then there’s nobody to carry the not so good players either.

lmao what a dumb comment

Top keyers would just key without raiding. Seems straightforward to me.

Not all of us would, most of us would just find a new game to play. Once you’re able to actually do the content, then try to comment on it.

Right now you’re just throwing opinions into the void because you aren’t actually a key pusher/mythic raider so you don’t understand.

80% of the players of every successful MMO are casuals. What you describe above is a design problem. It’s lost them a lot of subscribers who will never be regular subscribers again. Putting more emphasis on elite content is not part of the solution unless the goal is to continue dramatically shrinking the game.

1 Like

Uhh… what? Lol. Actual kekw.

I’m not really interested in sleuthing ATM but I’d be curious to see what the highest key you did with no tier was. I’m doubting you were doing 20s though.

But don’t wait too long. A loooooot of people have unsubbed already.

It doesn’t matter if I post on a level one.

Unless you pay more than me my opinion is just as valid as yours.

Don’t like it tough