Vulpera Recruitement

This thread has become very stupid.

1 Like

The Alliance does burn down their caravans though. I’m not sure why the Alliance went full murder mode on a bunch of fox people that look like they wandered in from an early 00s mascot platformer.

But they did and frankly it was the only time in the War Campaign I felt unambiguously heroic.

7 Likes

Yes. But it doesn’t seem to be a blatant factor in their recruitment quests.

And that they’ll totally update Darkshore and Arathi to reflect their canon post-warfront states.

Presumably the excuse is that they were somehow contributing to the Horde war effort by carrying resources, but it’s difficult to imagine how exactly they would be helping. It’s not like any vital trade or shipping routes would have any reason to go through Vol’dun.

Darkshore was always Alliance territory I’d hope they’d get around to fixing that. As for Arathi Blue will likely get updated Strom while I’d presume we’d keep the updated Hammerfall. The areas kinda iconic for being contested what with Arathi Basin it should probably remain as such.

But yeah that’s hoping they update it. Cata’s a decade old and it’s war hasn’t really ended in a lot of zones.

The Horde was fighting on the Vulpera’s home turf. How were the Horde’s armies being supplied and reinforced? Probably, at least in part, via those Vulpera caravans. That makes them legitimate targets.

Of course attacking the natives in their homeland while they’re right next to your major enemy’s armies and are already supporting each other is probably not the greatest idea since that just motivates them to fight against you. Which it did.

And this is different from him being warchief, how? So much for that egalitarian council system where no one person/race was going to dominate … :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Every zone gets attacked by the opposite faction. Don’t recall Voldun being particularly egregious.

Seems like tactics 101 in WoW.

Yeah but the Vulpera didn’t deserve it. They were just desert traders.

Trading weapons to the horde

Speaking of Volduun weapons, that one weapons test quest: Horde thinks they’re of Goblin origin. Alliance thinks it’s Gnomish. Neither one are sure, so it sounds like a third party.

Mechagnomes?

They were not. They were guiding then through the desert though and the horde helped then with the Sethrakk. The Vulpera didn’t deserve what the Alliance did.

3 Likes

During the incursion, the Alliance disrupts the vulpera caravans because they’re running supply trains for the Horde. It’s impossible to know how bad the disruption was because it’s so radically different depending on faction.

I don’t remember that. I’ll go check again.

I am a big Vulpera fan. I plan on playing a Vulpera a lot. Either a Hunter, Shaman, or maybe even this Warlock. So it is kinda sucky that they got their caravans burned for throwing their lot in with the Horde during the 4th War - only to be turned away.

It makes it hard to muster up some Horde pride with my new Vulpera. But… the word I hear about the intro does make me appreciate the Vulpera’s ingenuity and usefulness.

And even after all that, they bring more good reasons to hate the Alliance. They are not some Allied race that will help mend fences and bolster a peace. They have a history of conflict with the Alliance. Unlike the Mechagnomes, who have worked with both Factions in Mechagon.

Im a fan of Vulpera and eagerly await the chance to play one. But their intro is a bit of a downer. They are rebuffed by Baine (which makes me a bit more miffed at Baine on top of everything else). They are rebuffed and underappreciated by the Horde. They have good reason to be angry at the Alliance, but joined after the war, so they wont see satisfaction against the Alliance any time soon.

All that aside - they have some interesting lore and awesome characters. Kiro is a stand up guy at Rastakhan’s funeral, and Nisha is a brave gal. And their ingenuity and resourcefulness is fun.

3 Likes

Vol’dun is a desert. The answer is obvious.

Sand Gnomes.

They’re not joining the Horde for vengeance, they’re joining to explore the world… and probably get some material support for their relatively impoverished communities. The fact that they’re not being thrown directly into war against the Alliance reads as a good thing to me.

1 Like

Personally I think it’s a shame. I was ready to go Alliance the second I saw them butchering Vulpera scum on the 8.1 PTR. Then it got downplayed to scaring them while npc’s did the fun stuff. Sad.

Gonna have to call your bluff:

3 Likes