Vulpera Discussion Megathread

Well keep in mind there are people who think having Belves on the Horde was a bad idea. Some of them folks want the Horde to be nothing but the monsters and machismo meat heads for races.

That was probably a fair thing to ask for back in the days of vanilla, honestly. The two factions each had a very narrowly defined aesthetic, and Blizzard could have made the decision to keep those motifs as defining attributes of the factions.

But they didnā€™t, they wanted both factions to cover all visual flavors to make them more accessible, and nearly every added race since vanilla has been about expanding options for how your character looks.

I think this was the right direction to go, and I think protesting the ideal of player inclusion sailed 10 years ago

6 Likes

I mean I agree with you but people still protest Belves to this day, I doubt you will ever really change those peopleā€™s minds.

2 Likes

It all comes down to people downright being selfish. ā€œI donā€™t want something cute!ā€ Translates to: ā€œIā€™m going to entirely ignore the lore behind this and demand we never have this available because while Iā€™m not forced to play it, no one should be able to.ā€

Iā€™ve never unferstood people that actually put emotion into what other people play. Getting this upset over something with 0 effect on them is laughable. Including those that whine about elves on Horde who also ignore lore and enjoy being both cliche and boring.

5 Likes

I love the assumptions that implied throughout this entire response.

Then I look at the server and understand why you are so defensive over a furry race.

1. Yes they did, there were several other ā€œAlliedā€ races in other expansions who sided with either Horde or Alliance, you must be new to the game.

2. Please feel free to actually count the slots because Iā€™ve done it - there is probably going to be seven (Maybe eight) playable Allied races (For each side) this expansion, literally you can count the portraits when you go to log in the game.

3. A new race is valuable but should contain some kind of background in order to allow people to connect to it, immerse themselves in it beyond racials and aesthetics. Cā€™mon, you should know about this - Youā€™re on an RP server!

4. They donā€™t have depth that has been released beyond this expansion, theyā€™re new to the game and Warcraft and havenā€™t been established beyond that. Please provide established evidence where they existed in other Lore that would make them relevant?

5. Who said I was personally upset? I never planned on playing one. It does cheapen the game. It is a reskin of a Goblin with no history. Hence, cheap.

6. Goblins and Gnomes are established races in Warcraft history.

Why must you address it as a ā€˜furry raceā€™? Unless you mean furry as in fuzzy, because they are an anthropomorphic race, not ā€˜furryā€™ if you were going for that kind of label.

Does it have Fur?

Worgens are furry too. :smiley:

A simple answer could have been ā€œyes, I meant it as fuzzy, not the labeling typeā€ :slight_smile:

and if ^ that ^ is what you meant, then thatā€™s fine~ So many people throw ā€˜furryā€™ around with such negative connotation that surely you can understand why I say it in such a manner.

1 Like

Hahaha wow, ok you people make this way too easy. Letā€™s break down every bit of nonsense you said there, shall we? :slight_smile:

1. Saying Iā€™m ā€œnewā€ to the game while clearly having no idea what youā€™re talking about at all is laughable. Iā€™m also questioning your reading comprehension at this point. Apparently I need to spell it out for you. This. Expansion. Offers. PLAYABLE. Allied Races. Point to another expansion that did that? No, Allied races are a feature of this one?! Wow, almost like that was my point to begin with, pay attention.
  2. Ah, can you show me where thatā€™s confirmed? Where did it say thereā€™s a finite amount of Allied Races? Nowhere? Because thatā€™s just an assumption youā€™re taking as fact? Thereā€™s a thing called scroll bars, you know.
  3. Alright, so now I know you completely ignored the lore they built in Volā€™dun and take you less seriously. Man I had no idea that was even possible.
  4. Thatā€™s subjective, and to answer your question, actually quest in Volā€™dun. Just because you donā€™t like it doesnā€™t mean it has no depth.
  5. Like a bunch of other allied races arenā€™t reskins? Donā€™t play it if you think it cheapens the game, again, not that hard of a concept to grasp.
  6. Yes, I know that, and theyā€™re considered small and ā€˜cuteā€™ races as well, which was my point to begin with that you conviniently ignored.

Edit: Also, people that want them arenā€™t all furries. Iā€™m not. And I love that you assume things based on my server, thatā€™s cute.

7 Likes

You must not be able to get much RP today.

And with that, ladies and gentleman, I made my point. That was too easy. No valid response to what I said, and a simple insulting sentence. How to win an argument when the other person has no idea what theyā€™re talking about 101.

Next!

10 Likes

No, just not feeding you anymore cause I found you quite boring after your last response. Youā€™re dismissive and quite annoying - to be frank.

You arenā€™t looking at anything beyond your own desire to play a race you want to play.

Thanks! :wink:

No problem, and you donā€™t actually look into anything I said in my argument, canā€™t come up with any sort of counter argument, and apparently canā€™t comprehend things properly. I can say the same about you, look at that!

6 Likes

Oh, so youā€™re insulting now? That is very typical. Dismissive of others opinions other than your own, insulting when it suits your argument.

Ouch. Says very little about your character.

Not to shame those who enjoy playing as the animalistic races, but I find it ironic/iconic that the OP is named Eevee and is going on about Vulpera. You are a precious cinnamon bun.

2 Likes

And few people will really get excited about the game with something with gnomes or goblins, or anything related to them, as it would with vulperas

1 Like

Waitā€¦ so you come in here claiming this is a ā€œHello kittyā€ raceā€¦

Then say:

Then say:

Hypocrite 101? Nice going, again you make this too easy. Wow. Itā€™s like you want to dig yourself a hole.

6 Likes

Well I think the attacking here needs to stop, this is for Vulpera Discussion, not pointless jests and attacks at each other :slight_smile:
If your arguments are done, there is no use in going at each others throats and time to move on ^^

3 Likes

Good point, I think I made myself clear, and considering they have no valid counter argument other than to fling insults, Iā€™d say Iā€™m finished with even acknowledging them.

Now. What thing were we talking about before? Itā€™s more important than arguing with people who otherwise donā€™t listen to a thing I say.

3 Likes

Already taken care of.