Vulpera Discussion Megathread

UGH I NEED TO GLYPH OF DISGUISE 24/7 ON MY ROGUE!!!

/this is a complete sentence.

3 Likes

How about instead we just get Vulpera as an allied race? I think that’s a pretty good compromise. Maybe I’ll start a thread about it…

15 Likes

Good idea!

1 Like

Nice shot!

1 Like

Hey Blizz, I got an idea!

1 Like

Been watching some videos on classic WoW, and I remembered that core races had their intros narrated by a person and not an in-game character. I made one for Ogres, and I thought I would do a classic-esque version for Vulpera as well if they were to become a core race instead of an allied race:

“The nomadic Vulpera have lived a life where the odds seem to be against them. From having been slaves to the evil Sethrakk known as the Faithless and living in the harsh deserts of Vol’dun, this hearty race quickly learned how to adapt for survival. Luck, however, does not seem to be on their side, for despite wanting nothing to do with the war between the Alliance and Horde, they have been dragged into it. Having been attacked and slaughtered by the Alliance for their territory, and with the death of the Zandalari’s leader at the hands of the Alliance, the Vulpera have decided that taking up arms is the only way for survival. They have pledged their allegiance to the Horde, for they are the ones who saved them from slavery at the hands of the Faithless, and relish at the chance of getting revenge for their fallen kin.

As a member of the Vulpera, you are tasked with representing your caravan by adventuring across Azeroth, finding treasures that lay scattered, and thwarting the Alliance in any way possible. And should any enemy stop to admire the cuteness of Vulpera, they will quickly learn that a fierce, vicious beast lurks beneath their innocent look.”

Could use a little more work, but trying to keep my mind off the severe weather this evening. May think on it some and revise it in the future. ^^;

9 Likes

Ooh I hear David Attenborough

6 Likes

Sorry for being quiet lately. I’m currently fmdoing double shifts for about 70 hours a week as I move from one job to another and they overlap.

Anyway, It seems I’m not allowed to update the front page anymore which might make future announcements difficult. However, I do have a plan to breathe some life back into the thread. If you or anybody you know has drawn Vulpera fan art, please contact me in the discord. I plan to do a weekly feature showcasing Vulpera fan artists.

7 Likes

hugs

I actually can’t wait for 8.2 to arrive, so that 8.2.5 will hit the PTR soon after. I still am hopeful for them to come before Brewfest :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If there is no news until then, at least we can drown our disappointments with beer!:beers:

1 Like

It seems patches are coming around 3.5 months.

8.2 will be released late June, I guess.
Which means we won’t have 8.2.5 until late September/early October.

So, some chance of it coming just before or during Brewfest.

Blizzard heavily implied 8.2 this tuesday.

2 Likes

No chance, PTR is nowhere near ready, and we don’t have a release candidate yet.

I mean, it hasn’t stopped them before XD.

Nice looking mog! And I’m still expecting late next patch or after next patch entirely.

But I would appreciate a surprise.

Really even if 8.2.5 is months away, they would have to start detailing its contents as soon as it hit the ptr. So possibly confirmation if nothing else aftrr 8.2 goes live

I mean they said “look to updates coming to live very shortly” or something like that. Usually that means next patch launching.

It’s just not ready to lauch yet though. I think it’s less soon and more Soon™

1 Like

Yeah but when they say “very shortly” it usually means next week.