Vulpera Discussion Megathread (Part 1)

I’m totally cool with vulperas going for the Horde!

What can bother a lot of people in the alliance, is the absence of something as remarkable as vulperas, in our faction.

Worse still if, we are taken to the certainty with some new recolor or another race withdrawal from thin air, because Blizzard not remembered that the Alliance also exists!

Yes! That would make me very salty about the game and the company.

I know many say that devs have trouble creating something for the alliance!
Could we see them contradict this notion in BfA?

1 Like

I must say that the design is fantastic! :handshake:
I loved the details of the clothes, the hat and the weapons that we see in “our” Greyrat, like a smuggler! :star_struck:

Congratulations to the designer! It’s a beautiful job!:fox_face:

2 Likes

This is a thread about Vulpera and not about what the Alliance might get. Many of us have said we hope for Sethrak but that’s not really what this discussion is about. So yeah…

2 Likes

Mechagnomes are a perfectly fair counterpart.

Thats not how it works, Blizzard is never going to give one faction something and the other nothing. So trying to come up with a counter part for them is a discussion on how they can get added.

An entire new race vs a already made race with some metal parts on it. If you really think thats fair then theres nothing I can say to you.

Allied races were never meant to be sub races, they are races that stand on their own as per blizzard.

The whole each race gets an AR has always been a theory, it’s been consistent but blizzard has never said this was the case.

So horde getting vulpera doesn’t break any statements of blizzards, just fan theories.

But I admit I have also struggled with the notion of what vulpera offer to the horde, high moutain tauren don’t offer much besides some aerial support, they are biologically a superior race of tauren and like mag har orcs, they would make very strong soldiers as per their great strength.

But here comes the original ideal of the horde, where any race could join to better themselves, when the darkspear joined thrall they were in pretty bad shape and the horde litterally saved the dark Spears existence, so it would be a throwback to the ideal where any race in need can join the horde to better it’s survival.

I still like to play around with the theory that vulpera are resistant or immune to old gods because it would give them a grand purpose for such a gypsy and non history saving people, because simply having skills to survive in the desert doesn’t give them a grand purpose in the horde.

2 Likes

If Vulpera are Goblins ancestors then they’re about as new as mechagnomes will be.

I don’t think they are getting mechagnomes.

There is a whole new race that Alliance interact with, quest with, help, and have a reputation tide to them. The Ankoan. They say they do try to balance the factions. Alliance could use another fearsome race. They stated in an interview one of thier deepest regrets is not having Naga playable. This would be a more playable Naga Race.

And before anyone says helms wouldn’t work on them: Helmets barely work on Tauren, look goofy (but work) on Pandaren, and just look don’t even work on worgen most of the time.

either way, +1 for Vulpera.

How many times do I need to say “Sethrak”?

1 Like

What is any of this based off of? I am being told the examples I am giving to make Vulpera work are fan theories but these are actual fan theories.

Maybe you need to do some scrolling

1 Like

I’m going to wash your mouth with soap!:angry:

I never said any fan theories, unless I was talking about vulpera and old gods, which is my fan theory, but you didn’t quote that.

I actually did mean to quote that, but aside from that when did Blizzard say allied races are supposed to be brand new races? Every allied race so far is already a playable race in the game with a little tweak.

“These are Allied Races, these aren’t Sub-Races. There’s no direct associated Race or “Parent Race” or anything like that”
-Ion Hazzikostas, Blizzcon 2017 Q&A

It’s also worth reading into said allied race lore as they are already very different from core races, while high moutain are similar to mulgore tauren, high moutain are biologically Superior and have a age old history of fighting the legion in the first war.

But that’s just an example, while nightbourne is basically a retelling of the blood elf storyline but their evolution was different due to relying on the night well for their magical fix.

They have been separated from the night elves for as long as the blood/high elves, but Mana sources varied their appearance.

I could go on, but lorewise they all very much stand on their own lorewise.

2 Likes

Then why the hell are they just that? I am sorry but Ion has a history of telling people something is one thing when it’s really not and you only think it is…

They are really different, but some people just get caught up with their rig,etc.

Mag har orcs are very different from azeroths orcs and nightbourne are extremely different from blood elves and the like.

Also Zandalari is the primordial Troll, it was the first troll species, all other trolls deviated from it, they also used to be the most powerful force on the planet but their war with the faceless(old gods) cost them everything, they never recovered from that loss but they did win against them.

I could just keep going, the allied races are very different, just as the lightforged have been separate from the dreanei we know for eons, blah blah blah.

Is any of this doing it for you?

2 Likes

Unsure if this is old or not, but WoWHead posted the following Vulpera “hint” article:

"Inside of scenescripttext.db2, a file used for in-game cutscenes with your character present, there’s a Vulpera listing under the Allied Race section, a subsection of the race conditions that link to PlayerCondition.db2. This could mean that Blizzard is preparing to support Vulpera as an upcoming playable race in their in-game cutscenes.

This race information was associated with the in-game cutscene “[MHI] Magni Heart Intro - IGC,” the initial cutscene where you get the Heart of Azeroth. It was added in Patch 8.1.0.28294, along with the entry for Kul Tiran Humans."

Apologizes if this is old and was talked about beforehand. Things can be debatable, of course, so take it with a grain of salt.

13 Likes

yaalllll best be hyped. come on that cutscene hit has to confirm.

5 Likes

Idk about each race per se. But each person in the embassy is programmed with a slot for recruitment. Which iirc is 8 each. But like for example Velen isn’t the one who helped us recruit lightforged, Turalyn is. Tyrande didn’t help us recruit void elves.

Blizzard has stated that there is a reason they called them allied rather then sub races and it’s because they didn’t wanna feel limited by their options. I’d love Vulpera/Sethrak but I don’t see it happening. Pretty sure next is Vulpera/Mechagnome.

I haven’t been on the PTR in awhile but I heard there are Vulepra in mechadon.

2 Likes