Vulpera Celebration Thread! 🦊

And, of course, it’s gated behind a huge rep grind. sigh

And no, I’m not doing it. This is EXACTLY why I’m losing interest in the WoW franchise - both retail and classic. It’s one thing to have elite mounts, titles, gear and shinies gated behind rep and achievements and all of that…but being able to fly or have access to ALL of the races should NOT be a timesink. I’m not jumping through hoops for something that should be a basic part of gameplay.

Well with all the rep boosts ups right now and Darkmoon you could probably get exalted before the months end.

It’s not just rushing that’s causing the delay, they also don’t want raiders to feel like they have to skip seeing grandma to grind all the things.

With Dazar’alor there wasn’t as much “extracurricular” progression (ilvl boost for WQ/pvp was linked to raid unlock), so patching in December and opening raid in January wasn’t as big a deal. With 8.3 though, there’s capes to upgrade and corrupted items to farm. An extra month of that would also risk making the raid easier than intended.

1 Like

First, let me congratulate everyone that wanted Vulpera. Happy for everyone.

Second, I didn’t want them but after having seen them I will probably make one. Not sure if I’ll keep him/her but I will try them out at least once.

Third, why Warlock and no Druid? I would’ve loved for them to be Druids and it makes more sense to me if they were but Warlocks don’t make sense from where I’m standing. I’m not coming at it from a lore sense but more of what I’ve seen of them and ran across. Don’t remember any Locks or Druids for that matter but they seem to be more nature type to me then shadow.

If they were Druids I probably would’ve been super excited because it would’ve just fit in my mind and I probably would’ve made them my go to Druid race. Unfortunately that isn’t happening. :frowning:

I do like the tent racial and think more racials should go this way. Enough with my nonsense.

Congratz all on getting Vulpera as a playable race! Really happy for you guys/gals.

3 Likes

They won’t be remotely harmed but shutting down WoW to hang out with grandma. But hey not everyone celebrates christmas or winter holidays, not everyone has family. Very ego centric and presumptuous of you. People who do those things should know how to priorities real life over a video game.

Presumptuous? I’m literally paraphrasing what they said…

It’s pretty cool that we’re getting Vulpera but I have noooooo idea what I’m going to do for mine.

Feels like a lot of allied races have the same couple of class choices (looking at the sheer lack of paladins or druids here other than two cases each) which doesn’t help a whole lot.

1 Like

Which is still ego centric, presumptuous and insulting to a players ability to be a responsible individual.

Blizzard is making assumptions and judgement calls and you’re backing them up.

We have 6 weeks before the holidays really begin. Launch the patch in 2 weeks. that’s a month to get some of the pre raid stuff done. Then you hang out with family and do holiday stuff (if that’s a thing you do) and then jan hits and the raid releases. They literally did this last year. No one was ignoring their family responsibilities to play 8.1. Well can’t say no one, but either way it’s not blizzard’s job to babysit us. The patch will be ready way before Jan and they are delaying it artificially for artificial reasons.

Not when my highest horde toon is 112.

That’s the thing. You play mostly one or two characters of the same faction in an expansion, and suddenly when they throw down new races with rep grinds it throws a section of players completely out of contention for some of these new races. Same mistake thy made in the last expansion.

You can get like 85% increased leveling speed with heirlooms, and war mode, and the anniversary event. Could hit 120 from that in 1 maybe 2 play sessions.

Again, you’re assuming everyone has boosted their heirlooms to 120 and enjoy pvp.

And it also ignores the basic premise that basic parts of gameplay like races, classes and mobility shouldn’t be gated to begin with.

I never told you to pvp. Most folks aren’t going to bother you in war mode at low levels.

As far as levelling up heirlooms. That’s super easy to do. It’s not on me that you’re too lazy to invest in some basic QoL things. If you want something you have to earn it. It can be made easier but the investment comes somewhere. You can’t get everything for free.

if theres 1 thing im disappointed with…
holy heck why did this poor hyena get strapped with a giant tent?

And there’s the problem. You earn gear. You earn sexy mounts. You earn titles.

You don’t earn a new race or class. That is basic gameplay. Too many people here are becoming conditioned to getting next to nothing for their money in this game.

Because then they’d have to make models for all the druid forms I assume. Maybe somewhere down the line. Tiny little fox-bear tanks sound pretty adorable.

They seem like the perfect fit for rogues. Unfortunately I already have one so I’m leaning towards hunter.

I think it’s removable now.

2 Likes

Who made these rules? And who enforces them? You aren’t the god of games. Traditionally races aren’t unlocked. But traditionally you use to lose exp when you died, that was changed. We move on. You have access to all the prime races without need of any purchasing. But allied races are something you have to earn. They’re not core races. They’re special. If you want them you earn them. It’s been 2 years since the first allied races were added. The stuff to unlock Vulpera has been available since the expansion launched. They’ve been predicted to be an allied race since their model update in the beta. You’re the one who chose to never level a horde alt to 120 and not work on the rep grind.

Laziness isn’t rewarded.

You earn purples. You earn titles. You earn rare items.

You don’t earn a new race or class.

But if you’re ok with having to “earn” basic gameplay, don’t cry about the road it leads down in a few years when you’re kicked to the curb.

Says who?

It’s not basic gameplay. Core races are. These are allied races. They’re special.

How exaclty? What is your apocolyptic prediction?

lol, allied races aren’t special.

And if you want to know the future, just look at the trend in time commitment.

All the allied races gave you plenty of time to unlock them before they were available except for Mag’har and Dark iron and you unlocked them more or less through the normal gameplay of playing the expansion.

I see no Apocalypse. “Time commitment” What time commitment? I got them all easily. By just playing the game more or less how I already did. I just had to do a tiny but more. And if gives me something to do.

Allied races are by definition special races. They are allied. You need to earn their trust and respect.

1 Like