Vulpera are the best race

I agree OP, remove Elves from the game.

Also, making Vulpera race against each other for their lives is pretty fun, though not sure it’s the best.

They cant eat the Alliance they kill. Enough said.

I will do just that. From a physiological perspective, Vulpera are around Stormwind Human strength and intelligence, and can probably channel comparable levels of magic. Since physicality is at least somewhat linked to being able to channel magic (when they remember to give it rules. Was a quote from a quest-giver in The Nexus about the magic being so abundant there that it should be tearing her apart), they’re right about average overall. Vulpera have natural weapons in teeth and claws so they may slightly edge out Humans and Goblins in a purely physical showing.

Orcs are as smart as Humans, but are FAR stronger, and can channel similar levels of magic, with that one very inconsistent rule meaning they can theoretically channel more. Orcs have better reach, strength, and durability with the same level of overall intellect. Then you move up to Tauren, Worgen, Ogres, Trolls, and the rest of the beefy, yet intelligent races, and Vulpera fall off pretty hard. They’re awfully darn cute though, so they’re really one of the only races for me.

1 Like

I feel like ppl completely disregard how different these ARs are in culture and history and shouldnt be relegated to customization as it pushes their lore under the rug.

A seperate section of ppl arent going to have the idioms and memes and it will also change over time.

Lightforged for example are like 1000s of years old due fel space shanigans.

High mountain tauren are blessed tauren with similar but different systems of how they operate and their people are further seperated into different clans with very different outlooks and customs.

Kul tiren has a very different approach to faith,customs and accent, again wouldnt make sense as a skin.

I could keep going but these “should have just been customization” arguements need to stop as they more often than not completely disregard the lore and circumstances and how it wouldnt right to just make it added customization.

2 Likes

I strongly agree that the different cultural elements of different segments of races should be represented in-game. This is why I liked the Wildhammer customizations for Dwarves and Sand Troll customizations for Darkspear Trolls. In your example of Kul’tirans, I fail to understand how turning these into customizations would betray their unique cultural standing. Is your argument that if a Stormwind human could use the Kul’tiran accent or Druid forms it would undermine Kul’tiran identity? Because, from my perspective, the AR system has actually hurt these identities more than helped.

The other day I was questing in Dun Morogh and saw some Dark Iron Dwarves from Cata and realized that I couldn’t replicate these guys in character creation even if I wanted to–their hairstyles and features belong to default Dwarves because they were made using the regular Dwarven character creation with additional NPC-only skin options. This same problem lies with Mag’har Orcs. It’s really unfortunate because you’ve seen these guys since WoW’s early days yet you can’t make characters just like them because Blizz wanted to make them their own unique thing and gave them different distinguishing features that didn’t formerly exist. Using my example, we could always ask Blizz to give AR’s more of the base races’ features to fix this problem, but at what point in making the two more similar would we begin to ask what the point of the AR even was to begin with?

Fans of wildhammer dwarves usually agree they were done a disservice as they are supposed to be slimmer dwarves.

It could also mean they truly arent truly wildhammer.

There is debate if sand trolls are truly playable, as sand trolls have some pink pigments and the Customization we have does not.

It is more likely they are from the shatterspear clan as they have a multitude of troll colors, such as dark purple,yellow and other exotic troll colors.

Shatterspear also joined the horde.

As for kul tiren, yes, their culture and accent should keep them seperate. As for their druid forms, it is a Drust teaching and they are open to who ever is willing to learn their secrets, but since they are in kul tiren lands it just makes sense they would have it over stormwind humans, doesnt mean they can’t learn it tho, but their culture doesnt really mingle with it like the craziness kul tirens get into.

As for mag har, the ones playable are from an alternative timeline that has no fel taint and where their orc culture is pure and untarnished, assume they would lead to different hair styles since we couldnt interact with them in that lost time.

As for the Dark irons I got nothing.

No because you’re right

1 Like

I think we’re the best fox race. Probably the absolute cutest too. Other races, however, have us beaten in the natural armament category, along with muscle, reach, and magical ability categories. Only Goblins and Gnomes beat us in intellect.

1 Like

There is level of intellect that needs to be praised due to them scavenging, selling pilfered/ stolen goods and constantly moving in a nomadic setting to survive.

An extremely underrated feat that gets overlooked by everyone due to their appearances.

4 Likes

Humans are equally as clever, and would have been if in a similar position. Most of the races mentioned have very similar intellect to Humans. They’re pretty much on-par. Vulpera have more experience being resourceful in their environment but it doesn’t mean they’re smarter than the other races, just more experienced in a specialized area, which is commendable, given their environment. It’s not as though other races were incapable of scavenging to survive, as most of them have had to at some point in their histories. Just look at Draenor’s bloodied history. Gotta give the Orcs credit for not being totally wiped out. Goblins and Gnomes are smarter than every playable race as far as raw intellect is concerned, though. The rest are all in the same ballpark: Human-level.

3 Likes

I used my boost on this shammy. Now I have 2 vulpera!

1 Like

why yes, vulpera are the best race…for making scarfs and hats with i 100% agree

1 Like

So are you opposed to Kul’tirans getting SW body models but maintaining their accents or vice versa for SW humans? You see, for me, I’d love to play a human with the OG vanilla model and have a Kul’tiran or Gilnean accent to go along with it. As for the druid thing, I really don’t like class restrictions for races much to begin with so in my ideal world (where Blizzard would trim the fat by merging the unnecessary AR’s with their core races), the fact that Kul’tirans can actually be druids and shamans would be an ideal way to introduce those classes to the humans.

But don’t you see what you’re doing here? You’re working backwards trying to justify the new differences they made for the Mag’har explicitly because they didn’t want people to accuse them of just copy-and-pasting Orcs, changing the skin colors, and calling it a new race. These differences literally didn’t exist until they decided they needed to make AR’s and “differentiate” them. Much like you, I used to love all these allied races because I thought they gave us new interesting variants of well-known and beloved races. However, it feels like all they’ve really accomplished is isolating these groups to the point where they just feel like more limited versions of already-existing races.

“You wanted to roll a Mag’har Orc because you fell in love with them since you first laid eyes on them in 2007? Okay, you can make a brown-skinned orc, but now you only have 8 hairstyles (+bald) and none of them are the ones you’re used to seeing on Mag’har orcs or any other orcs for that matter. Also, you have 10 new skin colors, but only 4 of them are actually unique. 4 of them are just the brown color but with war paints on them which regular Orcs get as a feature seperate from skin color and also you can’t change their color like regular Orcs. The remaining two are just the grey skin color but with flat png images of piercings on them which may as well also be war paints. You get 8 eye color options which are just 4 eye colors with the choice as to whether or not you want their pupils large or small. Only one of the actual colors are unique (the cool flame ones), the other 3 are from regular orcs.”

The problem with the state of Mag’har orcs here is that their inclusion is almost cruel to a degree. If you like Mag’har orcs but you don’t like their incredibly limited new customizations, you have to make a choice: play as a Mag’har orc exclusively for the “identity” or play as a regular orc that can dynamically change their appearance to your liking as any of the core races can. This doesn’t serve to honor the Mag’har identity, it just turns them into a gimmick which lacks the real depth of the race they were built on. I would love to play a Mag’har with the incredible amount of options as regular Orcs have. Customizations are important in that they allow us to tell a story about our character and their life to other players via appearance alone. The fact that the Mag’har orcs (and, really, most AR’s) can’t do this with their limited appearances basically just signifies that their only purpose in the game is just to be an eye-catching repackage of races we already know—not honor the various identities that singular playable races have in their lore. And I guess that’s really the problem. The AR’s weren’t made to add more depth to the races we know and love. Blizz came up with the concept of the AR feature first and foremost and then worked backwards thinking of what small additions to races people had been asking for for years and how they could change it enough to justify making it it’s own thing.

Almost all of the unique flavors the AR’s possess could be offered via character creation customizations, barber shop customizations, or glyphs. As things stand now, the only real value of having Mag’har orcs listed as separately from regular orcs is in the off-chance that you find the one odd NPC out that has slightly different dialogue for you based on it. And for all we know, the devs could’ve just as easily programmed it so that dialogue changes depending on your skin color (e.g. if brown skin was available to regular orcs, maybe a Mag’har NPC might refer to you as “brother”).

3 Likes

I used to love my Vulperas.

Race changed all of them to Dark Iron Dwarfs, I love them more.

LUL they almost wiped to alliance on phase 1. Noobs.

If they could be druids they would be.

1 Like

Hey, play what you like. It’s your character. It’s gotta be the way you like it.

1 Like

I don’t wanna change your mind, it’s better that others like different things.

They are rodents.

And no rodent can ever be the best race.

Dreanei is the master race.

Vulpera make Great hats