Void/Nightborne DH

If they add something to the story where Illidan returns and begins training more, I could support it. I just don’t want them to cheapen the story. I like stories. Like, I read sci-fi/fantasy before WoW came along. I get triggered (my psyche, my problem, I know) by people wanting things that look cool but don’t fit the story, usually people who never paid attention to the story to begin with.

One thing Blizz would need to consider if they open up DH to more races: the ritual to become DH had an 80% mortality rate, and half the survivors committed suicide or went postal and had to be put down. The changes to our bodies, the demonic voices in our heads urging us to commit atrocities… The ONLY reason any of us agreed to sacrifice ourselves to this process was that we’d already lost everything. What story would Blizz write to justify that level of sacrifice for new would-be DHs?

1 Like

The void. The void was always a bigger threat that even the legion was afriad of.

And just cause illidian was the first to train dhs doesnt mean he is the last. The new leaders of the illidari have had plenty of time to harness their skill. They can start training new recruits any time.

I like good story too and honestly wouldnt want all races to be dhs but there are stronger races that can withstand the transformation then night elfs and blood elfs. Trolls being probably the best option since they having amazing regenerative powers, have already undergone trapping a demon soul within them to amplify there physical prowess (demonics) and just being extremely adaptive by nature. Tech draeni, orcs, also fit the bill.

No. No more clown show diluting of class aesthetics and identity. Demonhunters are aesthetically and iconically elves. No scoliosis orcs or lanky trolls ruining this crap.

1 Like

For trolls, I’d rather have Shadow Hunter.
Shadow Hunters existed in Warcraft III, alongside DHs.
Vol’jin was a Shadow Hunter. That would be more fun than troll DHs.

1 Like

Ya me too but thats unlikely to ever happen. Tbh the way id headcannon my troll or harronir dh is as a shadowhunter. And thats only cause they use glaives.

If they opened up glaives to other classes this wouldnt be as much of a problem but again very unlikely.

1 Like

Kaldorei warriors should totally use glaives. And be females. It’s in the lore!
Trolls too, of either gender. There are plenty of troll NPCs wielding glaives.

1 Like

I don’t agree that orcs are all dumb (plenty of counter-examples in lore), but do agree that Illidan did specific rituals on a specific set of volunteers at a specific time, and by lore those are the only Demon Hunters in WoW. It was not an online class anyone could audit. :smiley: For Night Elves, we had to find our own way to Outland and Black Temple to prove we were resourceful, tough, and determined enough to be worth his investment. 80% of the participants died during the ritual, and half the survivors either killed themselves because they couldn’t accept what was happening to them, or went postal because the demonic voices in their head and had to be put down like rabid dog. It has been established as an extreme event, highly controversial, and I would hate to see Blizz trivialize it like it’s just another career choice.

Illidan has been gone all that time, serving as Sargeras’ jailer. He was the one who did the transformation rituals. Also I don’t see people lining up for a ritual where 90% of them will die.

There are smart orcs for sure, but in general they aren’t the brightest bulbs. They are brutal by nature and seem fairly hair-triggered. I think the OG orcs that drank the demon blood became prone to bloodlust. I don’t know if that’s still a thing for the green skins since Mannoroth’s death, but was at the time. Indicates they’re fairly corruptible and might not be able to control dark urges. If blood was too much I think a demon heart would kill or turn them feral.
Blizzard just needs to give these fools a toy or something semi permanent so we can enjoy our story untainted and they can be panda DHs or whatever

You are mistaken :rofl:
Unless your book had more pages than the one I’ve read a few times

Might be a little washy but ive looked back on some spark notes on it.

I believe when illidian took a small force to the dreadlord planet looking for arguses map they stumbled on some war archives on battles with the void and illidian kinda has a “one threat at a time” thought. .

There was also the vision from thr naruu having illidian fight the void (albiet as a being of light)

The illidian book did alot for lore and it was my favorite wow book but they def set the stage for how demons hunters could be useful after the legion. I mean by the time that book was written they had already known we would defeat the legion and set up a new threat for them to be useful again.

1 Like

I just reread that chapter and you are right!
I thought it was referring to Sargeras, but it had been many years since I read.
My favorite cutscene in game is Illidan killing aforementioned Naruu! So badass.
Third light-based, ranged super sayian spec will either be awesome or terrible.

I hope they save that for the final expansion because I don’t see how they’ll continue the story after a confrontation with the universe’s penultimate void baddies.
Maybe saving other universes/timelines?
It’s gonna break my heart when that final chapter is told.

demon hunters eat the heart of a demon to get the soul of the demon. they control the demon sould inside of them giving them the use of fel magic as their power.

Void elf uses the void as its source of magic.

Nightborne use arcane as its source for its magic.

i think that in theory, you cant use both fel and the respective source for the magic.

with that said, i think the void elf has some awesome looks, and i wish they would put some of them in the blood elf options

I hope its not the end. As illidian famously said “you are not prepared”

Hopefully that mean we become prepared earlt with other races being demon hunters so im not waiting 6 years to play what i want lol

1 Like