Voidform requires 109 insanity, max is 100?

Has anyone else have this happen? It’s happened to me quite a few times… I can’t cast Void Eruption because it says it takes 109 insanity to activate. But the max amount of insanity I can have is 100/100. It glows when it does this, as if it’s telling me it’s time to activate… But nothing happens when I press it. Any idea what could be causing this? It’s very frustrating.

I believe it happens in the new N’zoth zones when I have the debuff “hysteria” which raises the cost of your abilities. This has to be a bug, then, right? Since it’s impossible to generate 109 insantiy… Hysteria shouldn’t be making your spells cost more than the game allows to be possible.

2 Likes

Wait for the Hysteria debuff to fall off

It’s hysteria. It’s a debuff. Debuffs dont exist to convenience you.

Solution: cast void eruption before the cost goes above 100 and then enjoy the ungodly amount of haste you get.

Technically, wouldn’t this be a bug? Hysteria affects the COST of abilities, but Void Eruption doesn’t actually cost insanity to cast; instead, it’s a threshold that has to be reached. Maybe it’s semantics, but it seems like the wrong application here since I can’t see how increasing the cost of abilities should lock SPs out of activating VF.

1 Like

happened to me tonight. Simply not being able to use your main mechanic AT ALL isn’t a reasonable affix or mechanic.

1 Like

It happens in the open world only and requires you to get well over 10 stacks of the debuff to reach that point, it also gives you a tonne of haste.

For comparison, moonkins reach a point where starsurge costs more than their astral power bar, same for ele and most fury warrior.

As someone else said, the debuff is meant to inconvenience you, it also gives a tonne of cast speex and has no impact at all if you’re already in VF.

Personally, I understand what you’re saying, but I still think it’s an incorrect application in regards to SPs, as VE doesn’t actually have a ‘cost’ associated with it, as far as resources being spent in order to use/activate it. Since nothing is being spent, why does the insanity requirement go up anyway?

Likely a quirk of the coding, in reality shadow has no resource spender :stuck_out_tongue:

The “bug” occurs because the Void Eruption border indicator lights up and stays lit when insanity hits 90 (or 60 with LotV) regardless of the actual insanity cost needed to erupt.

This can happen with even just one stack of Hysteria.

I just tested it tonight. I got my insanity up to 62 with LotV, lighting up Void Eruption. I stopped casting and let an eye add a single stack of Hysteria to increase the cost of Void Eruption to 63. The icon went dark and I could not erupt, but the border indicator remained lit.

I also did it the other way, getting a single stack of Hysteria to increase the cost of Void Eruption to 63 before I hit 62 insanity, then stopped. The border indicator lit up, but the icon remained dark and I could not erupt.

For practical purposes, you will usually be generating insanity fast enough to outpace the increased cost from Hysteria, so you will rarely notice the bug, but of course you can run into the hard cap where you can’t generate any more and then you’re SOL for entering void form.

1 Like

This would also occur with abilities such as warrior rampage it costs 80 rage and they have 100 by default it seems like an oversight to be honest it should cap out at 100

I mean you’re crazy for not running legacy of the void anyway. But yeah, I can definitely see why people would see this as a bug, most certainly an oversight. Which surprises absolutely nobody here I’m sure.

Yeah, agree with that. The “Bug” part is that your spell shouldn’t light up that you can activate a spell that you can’t activate, lol. That part is an actual error.

I kinda agree with this, too. Since it’s not supposed to function as “This costs x mana” like the rest… It’s “Activate this once you’re at max insanity.” Plus lore-wise you’d think that like… getting all kinds of void stuff cast on you would make spriests stronger lol not prevent them from voiding out.

Isn’t it better to just keep casting DoTs with that much haste. Fairly sure the nukes are bad at 200% haste.