đź“© "Void" the Silver Covenant

They were going to be sooner or later with what happened in legion, and considering what’s happening in BFA with void elves I feel like their story is done, but it can be salvaged instead of them being inevitably obliberated

1 Like

That seems tricky to perform. Some fear I have is it’s an easy transformation that the horde’s Shadowmoon orcs can’t achieve.

From what I gather, becoming a void elf is easy, but controlling that magic is the difficult part which Alleria and spooky voidy Guy Helps them to do

1 Like

Won’t work cause they don’t think Void and Paladin go together.

Apparently Void Elf Holy Priests and Lightforged Draenei Shadow priests, those work but Void Elves can’t be Paladins.

Ya know: reasons.

5 Likes

Ion wanted to give void elves death knights in a Q and A, this would be an excellent way of giving it to them

Also this could explore their relationship with the light if they had any

I don’t know if you have a anti High Elf agenda. Anyway, to avoid spamming i recommend suggesting this in the High Elf discussion, thanks for your attention.

8 Likes

Nah. The whole point of the remaining high elves is that they vehemently opposed the idea of consuming dangerous and corrupting magics. Sure, that was fel magic specifically. But it would be silly for them to be ok with void magic. Which is arguably even more volatile.

I’d rather just have playable high elves. At least then we might get a decent heritage set.

23 Likes

This is not anti high elf, I never suggested High elves still won’t exist after

I even pointed out with break cog that they can still be in the silver covenant but their void elves take the more active role

2 Likes

Haiwahwa liked This

“Void the Silver Covenant, turn them into Void Elves so these people stop asking for High Elves”
The Void Elves do not need to steal characters and stories from other factions or races to grown up, they need their own characters and histories.

6 Likes

that invalidates this thread why? it was a funny comment, I can like yours too do you want that?

Edit: there I gave you a like, are you happy now?

This npc gave me that idea, blue eyes, pale skin, Alliance checks out, it seems like although they don’t like volatile magic if their more liked faction uses it for their benefit they seem to be okay with it.

Interesting response but i’ve discussed this before, even if high elves do release that would be in the very distant future, void elves on the other hand are here and their story needs to progress, and considering their similar goals by the time they advance in the story within the Alliance there may not be much left to give to the High Elves. Therefore it would be better if existing lore factions joined and advanced with them.

As for heritage set, I think a Blue and Gold option for their current set would be good too

1 Like

I don’t mind if High Elves took 1, 2 or 10 years to became playable, i just don’t want people to suggest them to be wiped or turned into Void Elves (which is bad lore telling considering recent High Elf history) just for the lulz. I want Void Elf story to progress but don’t detract characters and stories from other races, the problem is that the Void Elves are doomed to be stucked in the story because not only because of their hurried and lacking implementation but also because their thematic revolve all around the Void and if the Void isn’t present on the story or when it is and they aren’t involved (already happened in BfA) they have no potential to grow. High Elves worked in the past as counterparts to Blood Elves because they don’t rely on a specific thematic like the Void and because they have a strong backstory with the Blood Elves, and they still have a lot of potential to grow within the Alliance and with relation with the Void Elves, but as separated races with different themes, stories and cultures and both converging and diverging motivations, actually the only way i can see the Void Elves being developed organically is with the High Elves co working with them, with some distrust between.

3 Likes

The Silver Covenant shows up prominently every other expansion. I’m not sure they can get much more prominent exposure.

They just helped Liberate Suramar and fight the Legion. We haven’t even gone a full expansion with them resting. How is this stagnant?

The Silver Covenant doesn’t need to be turned into Void Elves to accomplish this. Alleria is already a High Elf. She could join if she wanted to.

Void Elf Lore Characters need to come from Void Elves themselves, not High Elves or Blood Elves. More on this below.

Part of their identity is their small numbers, and the story of the Silver Covenant (keeping Blood Elves out of Dalaran) doesn’t exactly make sense with the story of the Void Elves, which is more interested in Quel’Thalas instead.

What complimentary goals? The Silver Covenant seeks to protect Dalaran and safeguard the interests of the Alliance. The Void Elves want to study the Void and prove it can be used for good, while also harboring delusions of bringing Quel’Thalas back into the Alliance.

The real issue in all of this is that by trying to add the Silver Covenant to the Void Elves, you would essentially destroy what little identity the Void Elves have to begin with. They’re Twice-Treasonous people struggled with a dark and taboo power, who’s entire drive is to prove themselves to be loyal members of the Alliance.

The Silver Covenant is a Loyal Force of High Elves that never betrayed the Alliance to begin with, and don’t struggle with Dark Powers, because they don’t use them.

Dialogue such as Umbric’s comments on proving the worth and loyalty of the Ren’dorei makes no sense if a massive segment of Void Elves are former High Elves, whose loyalty and value has already been proven.

On every level this is a pretty bad idea.

17 Likes

Absolutely no.

1 Like

I don’t mind that either, I am considering them to become playable by a small bit in these threads, but still even if they do 10 years is still very very far away, what i’m saying is while they are not playable the void elves should be in-charge of taking their mantle and advancing their story which they have been doing in bfa once I played the Alliance war story their theme maybe about the void yes but, they have already passed controlling it lorewise Alleria seems to be the only one who is vissibly having trouble with the whispers because she literally took in a whole dead Naaru from legion.

They Do Have Potential to grow, and Blizzard did good with that so far

but Like I said, Make the Void Elves take the Mantle they’re already here, and have similar “motivations”… if high elves do become playable in the future because, they can just take that mantle again no problem, when their factions story has already grown thanks to the void elves.

I think it’s a great idea. Not only would it cull Helf debate but it would also solidify them as a real sub faction (as well as a racial one). And it makes logical sense when it comes to the two being siblings. I can see Veressa going over the edge and willingly taking part in the void (though this would be contradictory, as she did not willingly become undead for her other sister) but I guess one can argue that void is something you can “learn to control” but you can’t do that with undeath.
Kind of like the Alliance’s version of undeath.

They would have their own zone/place (unlike the Silver Covenant does now), Own starting zone. AND- the void numbers would mostly be taken from the Alliance, instead of constant Horde (Belf) traitors.

Edit to add: Belves and Helves are the exact same race. Just one has stunted growth because of poisoning and radiation (from the tainted Sunwell). So where their numbers come from, shouldn’t be a main focus (like it is now). If anything, it really tells me that Velves are full of Horde (lol). And I think this would change that.

1 Like

Because there were no void elves yet, they don’t seem to show up “prominently” now, in fact in this thread I suggested that the rest of the high elves should just do what they are doing now do the more clerical roles, holding up shields, sending their more active allies messages, and porting them where they need to be. all while the void elves take the more active roles

Liberated Suramar, Fought the Legion, returned Alleria their story can only go so far. The only thing that remains is helping the Alliance in the war, and to Theoretically “reclaim” Silvermoon for the Alliance Which the Void Elves have specifically stated that they wanted to do, the Alliance didn’t even have to ask Umbric literally tells the Alliance Army as soon as they enlist

Void Elf* and why hasn’t she then? Umbric and his officers seems to be doing fine training/focusing on the war, Alleria literally stands around at the Alliance ship, and just before that was just with Turalyon after visiting her 2 sisters.

Void elves do come from High Elves, and Blood elves -_-
Umbric saw action during the second war which made him hate the horde.

I mean I would have agreed with this, but if Dalaran is now neutral, then that would mean that the Silver Covenant is neutral too, which means their story won’t advance unless it directly concerns them, I will explain in a moment.

No they don’t, we don’t even know how they feel about the horde post-legion and considering they haven’t helped the Alliance like they used to in the past after they teamed up with the horde in legion one can only Assume that they no longer want to help the Alliance anymore if it means fighting their old friends.

My suggestion ties in to that, I will explain better in the morning, but the silver covenant could have a struggle with dark powers in the coming future considering that we are dipping to an old god expansion, and the void elves would be there to help them, this would prove themselves in the Alliance’s eyes.

His original followers were all Blood Elves, including the ones that are still coming through the rift, makes no sense? maybe but it’s here and it’s what blizzard wrote deal with it.

I agree with your idea on Veressa, but from what I can tell the Blood Elves that were on Umbric’s side never considered themselves part of the horde, and considering that it’s implied Umbric saw action in the second war him and his followers detest the Horde and considered themselves as always having been part of he Alliance. Aside from their magic being banned, they also left because Silvermoon asked the Horde for help, weird but the point is They’re written up Basically as High Elves

They were. What happened was, is that Umbric was researching void magic and he was outcast for it (And I agree with Theron here- We don’t a repeat of the 3rd war). Somehow, Alleria finds out about it and seeks him out- to find him and a few others in a bad situation.

Do the Alliance war campaign, and talk to umbric after he talks to shandris shortly before you sneak around in Dazar’alor, it’s explained there, researching void magic was only part of the reason why they left, and is the only story we got from them in legion.

Well, my experience is as an alliance who did the unlock and scenario.
And that’s how it’s explained there.

it’s not there, need to do the war campaign and talk to umbric after you get in the submarine with that gnome person.