Void Storage NPC is missing

I feel like he was here in a prior build, but he’s gone now. I hope this isn’t intended, because lots of people probably have items with sentimental value they want to hold onto, and the bank space doesn’t cut it after a point.

3 Likes

It was removed because it won’t be used. We now have the “Collections Tab” from retail.

1 Like

That is irrelevant. There is still use for additional storage slots outside of the bank.

5 Likes

Not really unless you are just hoarding stuff that you don’t need. Plus we will get larger bags in Cata as well, which means more space in your bank.

1 Like

no, bank space is going to be almost empty once prepatch comes and all the weapons/armor you have can be transmogged so you can vendor/DE them. then you will have plenty of space for your sentimental items

2 Likes

They’ll bring it back surely, regardless of there being a collection tab for reasons in-case you wouldn’t want to disenchant or vendor an item that took tons of time to get.Not to mention it was first introduced in Cataclysm to begin with, so removing it would be an odd sight to behold for many of the players.

100% zero reason to not have it lmao. specially after the incident this last year where peoples items where disappearing.

4 Likes

also with blizzards track record of not restoring acquired items when they disappear, even when provided proof of having the items, anyone who deletes all items is an idiot. bulk storage for soul bound items is 100% needed and 100% a free win for blizzard.

1 Like

You do realize retail has the collections tab and still has void storage too? No reason not to add it.

You also realize its introduction wasn’t solely to have a place to put items you want for transmog but also a way to free bag space by safely storing coveted items? It is a multi-purpose feature.

New Feature: Void Storage

• In addition to the bank, players will now have access to a new “deep storage” system, allowing characters to free bag space by setting aside coveted gear. You’ll find Transmogrification, Void Storage, and Reforging vendors in Cathedral Square, Stormwind and The Drag, Orgrimmar.

Taken directly from the 4.3 patch notes

What we define as coveted isn’t just for transmog. It could be any reason thats completely irrelevant or nonsensical to you. And thats ok! Doesn’t need to make sense to everyone.

Bags are way bigger on retail and still have the feature. That’s a poor excuse to remove something. It was there in a prior build, and I would wager that it will be back.

6 Likes

There is absolutely no reason to have void storage. With the appearances tab, we don’t need to hold onto the old gear, there is little to no point in wearing the old gear, and even if you did want to wear it again, you would have to re-gem and re-enchant it. Void Storage only worked for soulbound gear. Why would you need to keep it for anything other than transmog which is no longer needed?

I haven’t logged into retail for a VERY long time, but didn’t they remove void storage when the appearances tab came out anyways? I mean seriously there is no other point to it. Yes, in original cata we used it. It was a gold sink, but we used it so that we could hold onto transmog items, without wasting bank space. Then we would have to go pull it out of void storage, transmog our gear to it’s appearance, and then pay to put it back into void storage. Once the appearances tab came out, I don’t think I have looked at void storage since, and I would be surprised if it’s even in the game in retail anymore, because there is no point in it.

No point in them wasting dev hours, on a pointless void storage. Let them dedicate the hours to important things, like getting classes working correctly, and being able to zone back into a dungeon after a wipe.

Man, imagine replying to a post you didn’t take 2 seconds to read.

No, retail still has void storage and it was never removed.

Our reasons for wanting to keep items is of no concern to you so its ok that it doesn’t make sense to you.

The gear we put in there are items we don’t want to get rid of, its fine if the gems and enchants get removed. We just want to keep the item without clogging our bank.

Great thing you arn’t in charge of what they do. The NPC was in during a prior build. As a lot of things get worked on or redeisgned and they remove things temporarily.

Its almost like the dev teams for games are broken down into sub groups. Some work on X while others work on Y. Its not like its 1 guy doing everything.

This has been fixed, atleast according to multiple friends of mine who play religiously on the beta. Unless the last build broke it again.

4 Likes

There were many things that were in a prior build that they have re-worked or removed. Mass Ressurection, was in the game, and available to all classes a level 25 guild perk. This was re-worked, and is now only given to classes that have the ability to rez, as a skill learned from the trainer.

They also had Mass Summons in and working at the beginning of the Beta, this has since been removed with no word from the devs. There are also a few other guild perks, that were in and working, but that have since been removed, without any word.

Void Storage going away, would make as much if not more sense than the removal of these perks.

They explicitly stated they were going to rework guild perks so smaller guilds arn’t left behind. Those perks being redesigned could have used better communication on exactly what they were planning we but knew they would rework them in some way. They have given no indication on removing void storage.

Redesign of perks of a system vs the removal of an entire system are different.

2 Likes

Weird how people can’t get this. There’s no reason to remove a feature that still has value. If it had no value, Retail would’ve removed it a long time ago.

2 Likes

So if all anyone wants is more storage, why is VOID storage needed? How about another bank tab. That solves the issue, or maybe guild bank? I understand you want to store your coveted items, but is there a REASON for it other than OCD? Just curious.

Because most people can’t see past their own needs. Some people arn’t collectors, some don’t like to hold onto unobtainable items or hard to complete quest rewards.

Me on the other hand, and I assume many others, like to hold onto items for various reasons such as them being unobtainable in the next phase or patch or w/e it is, items with stories attached to them from playing with friends, or any other reason. Really our reasons are our own and there is no reason to not it.

Selfish people are so hell bent on outdated ideas that the team has 2 people doing everything and don’t want them taking away from class fixes.

Not enough room. Also easier to add systems than rework existing ones. You know how long it took them to make your initial bag 20 slots instead of 16? Especially since they are copy pasting things from Retail.

I have 3 characters in seperate guilds that I use to store materials with 5 tabs each. I can’t put my unobtainable BOP items in there.

If you did, you wouldn’t ask such silly questions.

Has nothing to do with it.

2 Likes

Still missing as of the most recent build.

2 Likes

I don’t get why people say we can’t find uses for “Void Storage” because “Collections” exists.

I have tons of gear that i would love to keep and are not for transmog.
Trinkets, rings among others that I still find use for need a ton of space.

1 Like

Voidstorage is important. I remember back in BFA where peoples mog from Xavius HC shoulders went missing and there was no way of re-obtaining it but having these on a char and putting it into voidstorage.

There is a reason people dont trust just deleting their items. Bring it in.

1 Like

yeah no, you are not carrying around 210 items in your bank and 110 items on your character