Void Elves lorewise

How do you feel about them, now that they’ve been in game for a few years and they’ve attempted to weave them into the storyline like with the Alliance war campaign?

They’re just there.

That’s all I can say honestly. There’s not much going on with them, and I doubt there will be until a void themed expansion.

9 Likes

they’re just there for the emo kids that couldn’t drop the act as they grew up

5 Likes

Just another terrible blood elf race which I am completely done with.

I’m fine I have one as my Alliance main

Lorewise they don’t matter to me. They are a character skin more than anything in my eyes. :woman_shrugging:t2:

A lot like Vulpera really.

I’m happy we have BELF models on the Alliance and the void aesthetic is pretty cool. I think the lore is kinda whatever. I dig it them.

1 Like

I just read recently that Dar’Khan Drathir is linked to void elves. Appears his notes lead Magister Umbric to the Telogrus Rift where VE’s start out at. I remember killing him in the Ghostlands before. Nice to see an old name pop up.

5 Likes

Not bad, not Zandalari or Dark Iron level of lore. But nothing that bothers me, I really liked Umbric’s character during the war campaign and Locus-Walker, while not a Void Elf but related to them, is also interesting.

1 Like

Love my blueberry self, purple and blue are my favorite colors, not to mention we make everything look good…

Lorewise, Umbric i’m sort of ambivalent towards, his weird sudden absolute loyalty and full on alliance theme is a little jarring when we were only a year ago BE’s researching the void… rather see some other NPC’s step up and give us a little darker tone… but whatcha gonna do, its blueside so FOR THE HIGH KING!!!

1 Like

I don’t have an issue with that, there have always been Blood Elves not happy with being part of the Horde. In Silvermoon you can even watch dissidents getting brainwashed.

6 Likes

They’re traitors and get teased in /thalassian and a blood elf argent tournament reward flag dropped on them every time I kill them.

Weak lore but ok idea and implementation

I love them and sport the “Slayer of the Sin’dorei” title just to piss off the blood elves.

2 Likes

Yes, but the void elves were not a part of that group (at least not all of them if any were), they were researching the void seeking to harness it as a new tool for silvermoon and as a weapon. I don’t mind them pledging to the Alliance, I don’t mind them being loyal to the Alliance who took them in, but they just feel…

Like generic elves right now, rather then former crack elves who now have the void whispering in their mind, who ignored the warnings (Romm flat out forbade their research) and reached for forbidden power… and now are just, there being elves… we only see one whos cracked out of that mold that ive seen.

1 Like

Treated like every other Alliance race: They exist as a sub plot to whatever the humans are doing.

2 Likes

I like them, but not so much their lore. I would have preferred if they’d been the Silver Covenant high elves who turned into void elves instead of Horde blood elf rejects. It would have better mirrored the nightborne, who were their own separate society and had never been Alliance night elf rejects.

7 Likes

Oooooof I keep forgetting that much time has gone by since the end of Legion

They’ve grown on me. I’m cool with them, and hoping to see some interesting stuff from them in the future. They have potential for it. A big part of what made me ok with the way they were shoehorned in was when I remembered just how the draenei were first introduced. They literally just came falling out of the sky and were just now in the alliance. Hell they even retconned some lore to enable them to be a thing! Void elves got a far better introduction than that, so I’m cool with them.

I absolutely agree with you about this. But I do like that they added those high elf npcs in telogrus. So we can always just pretend our toon is one of those ones. I do think that the next time the silver covenant appears in the game they should have void elves among their ranks. Just to blur the lines more for us.

2 Likes

Lorewise it’s kind of like:

But they’re Elves. So really I’m all:

2 Likes