Void elves customization

The only thing the last few days I can say is it’s apparent that the bar has changed and been lowered for what is considered spam.

If things like SC being a specific race aren’t enough to be considered what should be inside a HE thread, this ones OP is broad enough it does differ from even an anti HE thread as it’s specifically concerned with how the behavior impacts customization moving forward.

That’s the only thing I can think of tbh I noticed the OP get flagged and unflagged as my comment was actually flagged before the OP despite it not being against coc but was restored *with no edit mark I might add as well.

Basically this I think it’s neither here nor there + with the thread title especially one can’t expect not to be assumed spam

1 Like

just a reminder that the opposition for your campaign to have alliance blood elves won’t be hindered and hidden with your massive echo chamber threads.

Good to hear these threads will never die, then.

<----literally JUST wants void black hair >_>; All the people screaming “we want ALL belf hair-styles and colors” are…well, greedy as heck. Also, can we give stuff to poor Nightborne? :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

1 Like

They definitely need tattoos.

It could be high elven light blue / light green swirly patterns underneath their eyes and around their arms (similar to kaldorei facial markings)

or maybe like how the light forged dranei have a golden pattern imprint on their back, the ren’dorei can have something similar but with dark purple

1 Like

I suspect its more that blizzard has, like many companies, changed their forums general focus on policing those sorts of threads for the time being.

If too many end up going up I bet they’ll start culling them again.

In the meantime the community should do what they can to keep the spam of uneeded threads down.

Clearly you’ve not met me.

I do not support further high elf customization on Void elves.

Hell I’ll link my list.

Forgive the link to another thread.

This is what I want to see for us.

They need a lot of work.

3 Likes

It would be more than a little ironic if for all their spamming (as this is 1 compared to the many HE threads) if this one because of its unique content was the one Blizzard kept.

But I definitely hear you and see your POV too I just think given the recent precedent it’s hard to say.

1 Like

Honestly if we had to keep one of the more recent ones I’d rather keep the “A Simple Void Elf Request” because at least that one has ready access to my list. People can see that not all requests for Void Elves are high elf ones.

EDIT: And its not alone in an echo chamber scenario. The High Elf requests are there in that thread as well for counterpoint.

True.

Without being told by them where they stand or what they’re doing we can’t be sure at all.

well you guys you used to say you just wanted blood elf skin tones too. if you dont see why its controversial now that you have the skin tones

:woman_shrugging:

tough cookies. black haired blood elves are there for you. i mean at least pretend to understand the situation and ask for black hair but maybe locked with the actual void skins and then if it happened spam for it to freed up

1 Like

Tbf, not all of them wanted more more more.

Many are satisfied with what we have now.

I used to support high elf options for void elves, mostly because I wanted other Helf pros to be able to enjoy themselves.

While I was always into my Void Elves and in fact rejoined WoW because of the Void Elves I genuinely wanted others to enjoy the race and feel as happy as I did.

Then we got the skin tones and I thought “great everyone can be happy”. The weeks after it became clear that they would prefer if the race I loved didn’t exist and was replaced with their own.

That said I know not all of them are like that. Not everyone goes to extremes.

Many even fully understand the desire to hold onto Blood Elves few remaining unique visual options.

Judge them by the individual first and foremost.

EDIT: Also black hair is an NPC option for us already. >.>

2 Likes

Compromise accepted. Make it happen Blizzard.

Edit: Actually to make this better, give us options of a full heads of colored tentacles while you’re at it. Let me rock around SW with a full head of blonde or red tentacles.

Edit 2: Let’s refine this a bit.

3 tentacle options.

Full
Half
Tips

And let them come in all the hair colors.

Then Blood Elves get their visual distinction, High Elves get their natural hair colors, and Void Elves get a more void look. It’s a Win/Win/Win

To be fair, void elves were only added to attempt to appease High Elf fans.

1 Like

I have two black haired blood elves. One of them is my current Horde main. Some of us play both factions equally. I was pretty much Horde-exclusive from vanilla through cata (though frankly my preferred Horde race is undead).

Also wanting a hair color (black) that should honestly be available to all races (except maybe LF draenei because of the whole light-forged theme) shouldn’t be lumped in with the people who are screaming for void elves to get everything from blood elves, so maybe don’t be so quick to jump on the judgement wagon?

1 Like

And there’s the black hair gate keeping.

Black.

Void.

:upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Black hair that, as Fenelon pointed out, is already available to void elf NPCs, just not playable ones (much like blood elf npcs have red eyes as an option, but blood elf players can’t :frowning:

2 Likes

When it comes to future customization expansion, void elves and blood elves should definitely be in the very back of the line.

Don’t tell Blood Elves it makes just as much sense, if not more because lolSunwell, for Void Elves to have red eyes due to corruption themeatics that have been in the game since the start too.

2 Likes

Red eyes among Thalassians is generally a Dark Ranger or San’layn thing.

If we’re looking for new eye colors for void elves why not look at eyes akin to Aszhara or N’zoth?

2 Likes

I’m less against sharing styles as opposed to colors, I think the colors bridge into the generic elf fantasy that visually has been shared too much with Void Elves already, however if styles were shared maybe that offers many more options while also retaining elements of the Void? But on this end I’ve also seen it suggested for star crossed hair of sorts which would / could be unique to Void Elves all together. I’m passively for a black and a white hair color for Void Elves because I feel it can fit the Void theme, but at the same time I can see the arguments in favor of visual distinction being upheld at this point on simply the fact Blood Elves have already shared visually.

Their idea is definitely more thoughtful then many who seek to ignore the visual distinction arguments (an argument that as much as they may dislike it obviously holds more weight than they would like otherwise we wouldn’t be here discussing the issue) but overall I can respect the thought put into that idea.

I do not think this matters in the least, it doesn’t invalidate visual distinction being important to both Blizzard and many BE fans of which also have to be considered.

*Edited for a few spelling mistakes it’s late :hugs:

1 Like

I’m a high elfer but don’t want to receive blonde hair colors for VEs
I’d rather ask for pitch black, white, and neon colors of pink, blue, purple, and red

The best way to differentiate the pale skin tones from BE skin tones is to add patches of voidy veins and more dead-white options

4 Likes
  1. That us copying from lfd, and blood elves does not go through light forging.

2. Blood elves has a class that shouldn’t be lightforged (warlocks)

This is ignorant to say. Not all high elves would convert to the void, as it is looked upon as an evil power source like the fel. There is a reason why verressa looked at alleria uncomfortably in the 3 sisters comics.

There us supposedly a population of them in sw, just not as large as in dal. My theory on why high elves are not active units in combat is because they’d be fighting a faction that controls their source of magic that they need to survive, blood elves.

Add starcursed ends to replace tentacles to your list and you got a deal :stuck_out_tongue:

What would you think of a half elf core race?

Just curious.