Void elves can look like blood elves but not vise versa

They started out as such, then got void nuked into something completely new.

Yeah, no

2 Likes

They still share the exact same general beliefs, talk about Silvermoon like its their home, share the same attitude and general aesthetic about their designs (as limited as they are). The only difference between them is their aesthetic and their factions. Umbric still talks about wanting to bring a l l of Silvermoon back to the Alliance, including the BEs, there’s plenty of both actual HEs and BEs still living and vibing amongst the VEs and actively studying their exact same magics - they’re basically still almost the exact same people.

I’m not going to provide evidence for your argument. Yeah, there’s way less of a difference between VEs and HE/BEs than there is for the other three races.

And their general anatomy, like having new blood color and all. They are still of the same origin, but they’ve been physically changed at a very basic level.

The other races are still biologically the same. I mean arguing that the Mag’har clans are all unique is like arguing the human skin colors represent different races.

2 Likes

the only difference is this

void elves just wear a blood elf skin now

4 Likes

I’m on a Void Elf right now that practically looks identical to a BE/He, and soon enough we’ll be getting natural hair colours too. If I changed my hairstyle I would be identical to them already–their change isn’t as deep as you think it is.

One of those orc clans literally have rocks growing out of their shoulders and glowing eyeballs (or whatever that mass is), and they’ve been secluded from each other for years and years; same with the troll tribes and dwarf clans. They’re absolutely nothing alike at all.

1 Like

Yeah, I know. It really sucks the way Blizzard has completely wasted the potential of an interesting concept.

10 Likes

Tarrok still believes that his community hasn’t done anything to deserve this kind of reputation but if the situations are mirrored and you look back at old postings, you would realize that the pettiness was too much. Sometimes you had people with unreasonable requests (“give us Silvermoon”) but your group is mostly based on bad faith.

I can never understand why anyone want to bash another person so much into the ground because of a game.

2 Likes

And yet you carry on and on and on at it.

5 Likes

This is just a baseless argument mirroring without any reflection. It does not contribute anything but proofing my point.

Your concerns have been reasonable in the past but I do not approve the behavior shown over the years. You cannot undo the mistakes which have been done but you can start acting like decent people if you choose to do so.

And a good start would be to walk away from the topic and stop posting in bad faith.

4 Likes

No.

You charged into this debate spreading lies and smears against people who just disagree about game aesthetics. You keep attacking others and pretending that you are the one put upon. Maybe you should leave if you can’t converse like a civil person talking about stupid game stuff without littering it with personal attacks.

I mean, the post you responded to you dragged me into despite it not having anything to do with me just to attack me again. Because for some reason I had something to do with the classy person who necroed a ton of dead threads to gloat at someone who isn’t even subbed.

8 Likes

If Blood Elves were to get additional customizations for skin tones and such it should be for Light touched, Fel touched skin tones, and various Blood Elf themed tattoos.

2 Likes

I would advice not projecting your own behavior and fears on other people if you can’t agree with them. I have empathy for having lost the debate after so many years but it is really time to move on.

See, I would advise that smearing people over unrelated posts (Please, you have yet to explain what I had to do with the post you responded to with a personal attack against me) over pixel elves kind of makes you look like a bit of a jerk who takes a game too seriously. Maybe it would be best for you to find a better hobby than attacking people and then pretending that they are being mean to you for not putting up with your noise.

9 Likes

Is it really though? They have been pretty dang clear that they don’t want a core horde race to be identical to an alliance AR. Where is the bad faith on their part?

8 Likes

I will not start such a topic here. If you want to see how vile these discussions were, then use the search and look upon the many topics this board had in the past.

Well that certainly is a copout.

10 Likes

We didn’t think Alliance High Elves are a good idea and we need to be punished for that.

8 Likes

I’ve always found it kinda interesting, that while I don’t get as much hate as a few of the people who seem to have a devoted group of enemies. I get the amount of flack I do when I feel like I spend more time than most people bringing up the point that this is all just pixel elf opinions and that nothing we feel about them actually says anything about our characters, and there’s quite a few people who disagree with me on that that are great people that I enjoy talking to about other things.

Like a year or two ago when there were some people who really had it in for me when if I realized I was getting too heated (and generally the thread was getting that way too) I’d bring up cooking or something that we could all talk about to try and defuse the situation. Some people really seem to not want us to get along if we disagree on elves.

11 Likes

If I would guess people associate your group with toxicity because trying to deny requests is frowned upon for some reason. Personally speaking, I’m all for denying requests people want super weird things sometimes. I take issue with allied races for an easy example. I don’t want anymore of that trash, it spreads out customization and results in more disappointment than joy most times (Nightborne 3 hair cut meme intensifies) and it lets blizzard try to act like they are giving us tons of great stuff. I’d much prefer only 2 polished races with a variety of good fleshed out options over tons of new races, but most of them suck. and the ones that don’t suck also have the issue of limited customization anyways. Rant over, point is opposing people’s requests is completely fine in my eyes.

I don’t understand people that purposefully try to stay aggressive towards people they argue with. I prefer the opposite, it’s good to remind yourself that there is a human behind the screen and that they aren’t just something you dislike.

7 Likes

I mean, they were blaming our discord for organizing attacks on them before we actually had one.

And yeah, you can’t always express your desires for a game by adding something new, sometimes you feel that a particular addition detracts from the game so there’s nothing wrong with saying you don’t think something is a good idea. And it always bugs me the way that is trotted out as some sort of rule by people who don’t want others to express their preferences because they don’t line up.

None of us are better or worse because of what we want, if it’s greedy to want a unique race it’s greedy to want the stuff of a unique race to be spread out more. But it’s a game, so it’s not actually hurting anyone so it doesn’t matter.

There are some people I’ve met who I never imagined I’d get along with at first that I’ve found to be actually great people once we got past the elf thing.

6 Likes