Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

Obsessed with a word? Man, imagine if PSY’s Hangover or Gangnam Style is an obsessive word. :thinking: :sunglasses:

1 Like

I can understand why they may not appreciate it now, but if that toggle ends up leading to Blood Elves getting ports/variants of Void Elf hairstyles, at least some Blood Elf players will be happy. And if they pair those hairstyles with Dark Ranger customization, then I think quite a few players seeking that gothic undead elf theme will be pleased.

5 Likes

Aside from hair color and skin/eye color, Void Elves still are keeping their hairstyles and Blood Elves keep theirs. Nothing has changed that. Not like I care , but I do want more hairstyles for Void Elves even if it may be unique to its own. Some straight cuts and short hair would be nice than shower wet hair half of the time.

Again, I don’t want BElf hair. It could be similar to Humans or Kul Tirans or even Draeneis but having its own identity.

3 Likes

You are much more optimistic than I am.

1 Like

Maybe. But stranger things have happened already. I for one was not expecting the announcement of natural hair colors for Void Elves in 9.1.5. I was also not expecting those natural colors to be three shades of blonde and two shades of red.

If all that can happen, why not Blood Elves getting some ports/variants of Void Elf hairstyles? It’s not like it would require much in the way of effort since it’s fitted to the same model already.

11 Likes

I dont mind sharing, but you know how some people feel that it’s becoming more of a copy pasta trend.

At this point, it should really be no faction content for people to choose whatever they want. But here we are.

4 Likes

I’m trying to be optimistic on blood elves.

And on further void based void elves. Seeing the tentacle toggle is nice. I hope later down the line we see plenty to fill out the void theme.

1 Like

Give me voidy options now, thank you. I want to play as a voidmancer for the upcoming Light Vs. Void story themes.

2 Likes

Eh, it’s just the way the options have been distributed and past experience. I mean, I can’t choose my hair color separate from my body color, and I was really let down by the options added that didn’t feel like that added much that really stood out. That and the AR just being antlers basically and I couldn’t even use them for this character.

I mean, grats on getting stuff that makes you happy, but it’s just felt very uneven in how things are doled out, and that not all requests for stuff are equal. But that’s just how things have felt for a few expansions outside of customization stuff as well.

1 Like

That Draenei hair is beautiful.

4 Likes

At least I hope that void transform option during the fight sequence can be toggled off as well.

2 Likes

One thing we all have to accept is that, in game development, reuse of resources is inevitable sometimes. The devs are incentivized to get as much out of their investment of time and resources as they can.

Is it ideal to copy/paste? No. But it’s not always practical to expect brand new assets made for every request when there are so many. At least if they make variations on any Voild Elf styles ported to Blood Elves, they won’t be identical.

1 Like

inb4 Highmountain Taurens look cooler than Taurens for new customizations.

1 Like

I’d have liked black and white hair…

I’m not actually that thrilled about the ginger hair options…

I just feel like they’re very Blood Elfy.

Don’t get me wrong, there is no reason why they shouldn’t be around, after all, they’re all elves. But it’s alright. Honestly, fine it’s not so matchy matchy anyways.

2 Likes

“I assure you brother, the day will shine upon us again” - Loki

I have a feeling this customization is not the end, but a small step for bigger steps to come. I can see them do white/black/brown in future.

Lightforged isn’t just that, but was a little close. Like, “Hey, you could have just thrown this on Draenei.”

Thanks!

I’m honestly not surprised, just based on the playerbases of races that some got glossed over. Hopefully the next high mountain thing makes it right.

1 Like

I mean, also, they said, “Natural” hair colors… and white is just sort of natural.

Also, those blonde colors are pretty close. That ashy one is gonna get some play I think.

2 Likes

No argument there.

1 Like

Honestly, I can understand that. It does seem like some races… core races specifically, got a lot less than they should have. And yea Tauren/Highmountain really should have their mane color decoupled from their skin color. I hope that’s something that happens in the not too distant future as well as just more options in general that you want to see added.

Think of the granny/grampy elves.

They exist. Just hanging out in Old Goldshire Buffet.