Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

Uh… There were always 4 Void Elf hairstyles, at least on the Females, that didn’t have tentacles. That hairstyle is one of them. Looks like Males have 6 that don’t have tentacles.

White, Platinum Blond, Blond (Same as Alleria), Rusty Brown? Ginger/Light Red.

Amazing stuff. High Elves and Half Elves secured.

Still no black hair though…

11 Likes

I love that hairstyle anyways. It’s like a perfect hairstyle that you come out of swimming pool or shower.

2 Likes

Well I may be a bit late to the party since I let my sub lapse before the announcement, and I couldn’t justify resubbing until I saw exactly what we were getting. But now that I have…

Much to my surprise, Blizzard ended up providing an acceptable beginning to address hair color customization desires, and far sooner than expected!

It’s surprising though that black and white, of all colors, should be omitted. Also unexpected was that the five natural colors would be three different shades of blonde, and two of red. While I hope for black, white, and brown to be added down the road, it seems that, at least for me, this issue has finally come to it’s conclusion.

So it looks like I’m done here.

• I have no real investment in Void Elves getting access to the Paladin class, getting Blood Elf hair styles, or having their racial tag say something other than “Void Elf”.
  • Nor do I have any interest in hiding Entropic Embrace, though I would like a glyph or barber option to make it look more like Alleria’s.
  • I wouldn’t mind a tentacle toggle to add/hide/replace hair tentacles, but I am content with what I have and the forthcoming hair colors so I feel no pressing need to campaign for anything else right now except a robust and worthy customization pass for Nightborne and Lightforged Draenei (and Highmountain Tauren when their time comes).

In short, anyone concerned about requests for Void Elf paladins, Blood Elf hairstyles, racial tag renames, or taking Silvermoon, can rest assured that my voice will NOT be among those who might campaign for such.

As I mentioned above, a tentacle toggle is about the only thing left for me to ask for (and it seems the dev team may be adding this!). As for additional Void Elf hairstyles in the future, I’d prefer new options, but failing that, styles that aren’t already shared by Blood Elves, ported from other Alliance races would be welcomed by me.

I also feel the need to mention that I have no objection to sharing any Void Elf assets with Blood Elves (or other races). Hairstyles in particular seem to be the most desired. If Blood Elf players (or anyone else) actually want any of the Void Elf hairstyles (or hair colors for that matter), then it’s only fair that they be shared IMO.

I also continue to hold my desire for Blood Elves to recieve Dark Ranger/San’layn customization options (to which shared Void Elf hairstyles would be an asset IMO).

To anyone I was less than civil to during this debate, my apologies. I wish everyone the best in getting the customization options you desire, and hopefully in the manner that you wish to get them.

I hope we can all have less confrontational interactions in future race customization topics.

11 Likes

There you go.

18 Likes

Tentacle toggle, how did i miss that?

12 Likes

Whoo! I missed that too!

10 Likes

Thanks for posting that! I missed it as well!

Wow! Really the only thing left for me to ask for will be black, white, and brown hair colors and then I’m really done!

14 Likes

Too much excitement! xD

9 Likes

Uh, what? If anything, Alleria stands against almost everything a High elf stands for. Her existence alone is a danger to the Sunwell, their most sacred site, and if High elves were upset with the idea of meddling with the Fel, or siphoning magic off living creatures, what makes you think those high elves would be okay with meddling with the void, and corrupting living creatures with it?

Ironically Alleria is far more similar to Blood elves, who were willing to consort with chaotic magic with the desire for power, which is likely why she sought them out over other Alliance High elves, and which is also likely why we never saw any High elves fighting for her in the entirety of BFA.

Now to clarify, this isn’t suggesting that no High elf would be interested in learning of the Void, because High elves as a people can be like practically anyone, but to say that Alleria is the “pinnacle” high elf is so far off the mark.

The Blood Knights and Farstriders are simply two partisan groups who didn’t agree with how to proceed with rebuilding Quel’thalas, with the Farstriders condemning their methods of siphoning magic from a Naaru. But since the Sunwell was restored, there’s really no contention and we see them both working together on many occasions.

Those colors look amazing! Awesome to see a few different shades of blonde and both Red & Orangish Red! Love it. Can’t wait to make a proper High Elf now :blush:

12 Likes

No bro, they are ugly :face_vomiting:

h a t e r s g o n n a h a t e
h a t e r s g o n n a h a t e

8 Likes

Wooo!!!

Great day today! Glad to see blizz making the right call here.

We’ve long awaited proper High Elves!

9 Likes

I’m glad there are people who like it, but I didn’t really like them very much, I’m still waiting for the color black.

Let’s stop here. Celebrate but do not bash them.

2 Likes

We should be thanking them. The constant bumping of these threads is what helped as gain the necessary attention to get helf options.

17 Likes

Quit being petty people. This isn’t helping anyone.

9 Likes

As am I! Honestly I really am surprised that this wasn’t one of the natural colors featured since certain Void Elf NPC’s already have a black hair texture. In truth I was shocked they didn’t have black hair back when they first released.

11 Likes

So yea basically Void Elves have new Hair Colors now. It’s yes what I and others wanted. Through I would like to see little more Hair Colors like Brown, Black, and Pure White, and that would be it unless they added in Light Blue, Pink, and Green.

But Overall I’m excited for Patch 9.1.5 now.

11 Likes