Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei)

I’ve just seen Rama’s theory that Blizzard specifically chose those 5 colors based on the hair colors of Silvermoon Scholars and High Elf Wayfarers in Telogrus Rift:

I LOVE this theory, it’s yet another hint at new Blood/High Elves turning into Void Elves :smiley:

5 Likes

Or some of Dark Versions of Warcraft 3 High Elf Units with set Warcraft 2 Units of Rangers as well for the Void Elves.

1 Like

I think that’s the intention; adding those 2 red hair colors solidly cement the fact that Void Elves come from Blood Elves. We can speculate that they will be inducting the Telogrus initiates, but those 2 red hair colors (+ the shared blonde one) to me are to represent that Blood Elves became the Void Elves.

(In the same manner, I do think that the two lightest hair colors are meant to represent High Elves, as they are their more recurring NPC hair colors)

Still I find it a very limiting hue choice, but I can see some logic behind it.

2 Likes

Well that would make the most sense. They just looked at Void Elf related NPCs (Including Alleria) and decided those where the hair colors.

1 Like

Nope no other race makes a better DK, except maybe Undead.

1 Like

YOOO We got black and white hair now! And brown too!

9 Likes

Feels good, boys.
Feels really good.

3 Likes

THEY’RE OUT!!! BLACK, BROWN AND WHITE!!! I’M GONNA FAINT!!! FEN THEY’RE OUT!!!

17 Likes

black and white good.

Brown ugh.

The Black and White defiantly look good on the Void Skin they showed.

So we finally got some new hair colors that match both aesthetics.

Also, to those saying Red Hair and Blue Skin don’t fit together, are we forgetting Mystique?

5 Likes

Excellent. I’ll be able to remove almost two things from my list when I get this redo of the thread done. lol

I think it depends on the person.

Also many are probably more like… its a natural option not a void one either way.

Moot though. Its here now.

3 Likes

True.

I would have preferred a more Wine Red anyway.

2 Likes

YES!! white and black hair options for void elves!! Im so happy! The brown is pretty amazing too!

5 Likes

I’ve always seen our purple as wine red honestly. >.> It just reminds me of red wine too much.

Yes its nice to see something from my list knocked off in its entirety. :smiley:

2 Likes

Black and White hair coming, the Void Elf dream lives!

9 Likes

Agreed, should be divided out into two separate races, you can have some customization bleed over, but double down on the void theme for void elves and put the work into making a proper high elf race like should have been done. Same for Wildhammer and any other race that got lumped into the original instead of having the work done.

Void elves need actual void themed options.

1 Like

WINSSSSSS!!! THANKS BLIZZARRD!!!

https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/more-hair-color-customization-options-for-void-elves-in-patch-9-1-5-black-white-324000

finally black hair !!

10 Likes

Wowhead datamining 9.1.5 stuff right now.

The black looks so good :hot_face:

14 Likes

Sadly it isn’t the real one we will get, but the “dressing room” texture :confused:

Given that we are getting BE hair colors, the black one will be the new one added in Shadowlands. Hopefully it comes out next week with the new PTR.

It will look so good, I can’t wait to give it to my DK

4 Likes

Did you uninstall the game yet? i thought you’re leaving?

1 Like