Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei)

yeah, I personally prefer robes, so was always sad to see the void effect gone. The things people made for this (and the BE thread) are awesome, thanks for compiling everything.

I’d be happy, if at some point we’d get a weapon and some other armour options added in a quest which updates a bit what has been going on with the VE. I doubt we can hope for much more besides that and a few new customizations now and then.

2 Likes

Please do! I actually do so periodically along with several other monthly submissions about Allied Races and other customizations. >.>

I hope it does. Its nice to know Blood Elves and Void Elves have their own discords.

Old Gods if they expanded the Telogrus Rift to all the islands and had a little level 1-10 starting experience there I would be so thrilled!

Let me dream. That sound fantastic for all Allied races!

I can’t wait to see what comes of that…

You’re welcome! I also made a Mechagnome Customization thread if you’re interested. Might rehaul my Kul’Tiran thread too…

On the topic of rehauls. I added some things to the main post here and adjusted a few things.

1 Like

I did right after posting it.

1 Like

Time to unmute this thread, and get back to supporting the Void Elves too.

7 Likes

where?? i dont see it in your topics category

1 Like
1 Like

Its down in the Other Threads section. Big ole list I’ve had for a few years now with several AR and Customization threads.

Void Elves will never get the customization they deserve until High Elves are made their own seperate race.

It’s just how it is, and how Blizzard sees Void Elves.

3 Likes

I think this opinion makes so little sense when Blizz cares so little about HE’s that they added them as a customization option for VE.

2 Likes

No, it makes perfect sense. Blizzard is using Void Elves as a High Elf proxy as they’re too prideful to just add in High Elves. So, why would they add Void customizations when in Blizzards eyes they only see Void Elves as a way to punish High Elf players and be a rejected Blood Elf stand-in?

Void Elves are doomed to be neglected and denied their Void side as long as Blizzard keeps that stance.

1 Like

By your logic, since Blizzard cares so little about Void Elves, then if HE’s become a playable race of their own, VE’s would remain as, if not even more, neglected.

Trying to make a logical argument that “somehow” separating HE from VE would give them more options as different groups, when they don’t get enough care when they are treated as one, is baffling.

But let’s be honest, you don’t care about Void Elves.

5 Likes

i still want those hair styles and body jewelry and heritage armor weapons we never got and oh void elf paladins .

5 Likes

You are confused.

Blizzard making HEs means that they can stop pushing HEs on VEs and actually develop VEs for VEs.

2 Likes

Better to just leave Emet alone. They have their opinions but their interest is in getting responses so they can fight.

I’m weary of the drama and its unneeded at this point. A lot of the high elf request is here and anything else they get is for them to request on their own time. Heck we got Dark Ranger things which many use for San’layn as well.

We can all enjoy void elves and not give in to those who only wish to bring us down.

Indeed!

I think given all we’ve seen paladin will come along in time.

I do still hope to see a void skin for it, though as an option and not to restrict people and their ability to play what they want to play.

8 Likes

this is true hence the other thread where he complained about my tmog as a response to me saying well its not my fault he couldn’t make a tshirt mog work like its subjective . and because my tmog shows legs and he threw a hissy fit . It seems like he just likes to start fights . But now reading some of his responses in this thread its clear he just wants attention .

1 Like

this so much im more infavor of it being called rift warden or something as a spec or something . Instead of light of dawn it could be called void mist or something else and have it be all void fog or something .

1 Like

Honestly I can’t take seriously the opinion that if a race is currently underdeveloped, splitting into two, thus needing more dev resources, will fix them lmao.

It’s just so baffling I’m slightly fascinated. I wanna put him on a petri dish under the microscope.

I feel Warlock was the last class that could be made to work without the need for Class Skins, but Paladin really needs a lore expansion to make sense for several races.

And not just VE and Undead as usually we talk about, but also Orcs; they could make so much more sense as a representation of the Shadomoon mysticism. I think many of the AU Shadowmoon NPC’s could be translated into the “Paladin” gameplay archetype. Many of them used the void in a physical offensive manner.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind it as a spec either as long as its available to everyone. I do love the idea of changing out the abilities name for thematics though.

This is where I lose any hope for people getting their separate high elves. It doesn’t make a lot of sense for Blizzard to do it now that they’ve put so much of it into Void Elves.

Many will be upset about that but many many more are very happy right now it seems… I wish there was a way to make everyone happy but apparently no matter how its sliced someone will be unhappy.

They’re very dedicated to the bit. I do find it fascinating as well but much like you’re not supposed to feed the chipmunks at the Grand Canyon, I find feeding the Emet of the Forums leads only to frustrating needless fights. lol

Warlocks really could have been added at any time in the same way and reasoning that rogue could have been…

Every race has its outliers and its people willing to do anything for power. Whether they were accepted members of society would have been a wonderful course for Blizzard to explore over the years though for many cultures…

Imagine Draenei warlocks from the beginning but you have to find your trainer hidden on the Azuremyst Isle cause they were rejected by their people?

I still think LFD could have used their own skin for warlock though. could have been awesome to have a light skin. lol

I do agree for many races there is an excellent chance to expand the lore. Void Elves and Rift Blades, Forsaken and the Church of Forgotten Shadows, Orcs and the Shadowmoon Reavers.

There are so many possibilities!

Blizzard, the door is open to you, you need only walk through it.
:purple_heart: :octopus:

6 Likes

Yea he’s just only making pro high elf fans look bad hoenstly.

6 Likes

Pretty much! I’m very much a High Elfer, but I can’t get on board with the idea they need to be their own Allied Race. As long as we have this current system, we missed the boat. The most that can be done from a High Elf perspective is to introduce them as part of the Void Elf narrative going forward; in much the same way, so many issues of the bare-bones nature of Void Elves can be fixed if they lean more on the elves that already exist on the alliance. It’s never not going to be baffling the way they went about VE when Alleria, the OG, gave them such a strong start by making the most iconic Alliance High Elf a Void user.

Still baffling. But I do think there’s a way forward that uses VE and HE together to actually form a new, stronger identity for alliance thalassians.

AR High Elves are a pipe dream, and I really prefer to see VE and HE moving on together, much the same way Worgen and non Worgen Gilneans are.

There are some kinks in the implementation that I wish had more nuance. Say, I don’t think a NE or Draenei should be able to start on their Racial Starting area. These combos only make sense chronologically well after when they happen canonically. Maybe after a revamp it could make more sense. But a Warlock in Azuremyst or Teldrassil would be thrown in jail, at best bhaha. Maybe if canonically we are hidden and just pretending to be, IDK, fire mages XD.

And LFD warlocks shouldn’t be able to start in the Xenedar lol.

Outliers do exist, and I am so happy we get to get that immersion, but I do wish the cultural concept was taken into account when implementing this.

The void does INDEED offer many possibilities. Honestly I think there’s just such an opportunity to explore the cycle of light and void through paladins and priests, both gameplay and in universe. It could expand our understanding of void users so much more. I just think that the idea were a Shadowmoon Voidaxe is just using the same understanding, but inverted, to a Ret Paladin, is so compelling.

In truth, every group has its crazies. He’s not the first one that has shown up, l won’t be the last. It’s the way it is.

9 Likes