Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei)

I feel like the whole void elf paladin thing might be too spicy a meatball for this thread.

ghost pepper spicy that is!

Yes, I was talkimg about how I’d want it to be added now that blizzard has come out and said they’re working towards all classes for all races.

So that it would be a void based concept rather than light.

I rather like class skins on paper myself. They could greatly increase rp options for many races and stories.

Particularly interested in Kul’tiran Tidepriests in that regard. Though I can think of a ton others I wouldn’t mind.

Actually found out recently they sometimes use light sometimes use void sometimes use a mix. Blizzard hasn’t been super consistent there.

Though what I’m talking about wouldn’t rely on that as it would be new lore for a new order between four races learning to utilize the void alongside martial prowess.

Which is why I want any “paladin” skin for void knights to be applied to more than one race.

Forsaken, Void Elves, Mag’har and Worgen particularly.

Though I’d imagine if they go the skin route they’d apply it to everyone who can be a Paladin.

What I want is lore to justify it for void elves and those races and again since blizzard has now said they are intending to go the all classes all races route, I’m going to share my opinion on it.

That said it’s not a focus of this thread. I don’t see class additions generally as customization options.

If you’re going to argue over a high elf option you can do so in a high elf thread.

I made no claim to light based paladins for void elves. Nor would that conversation continue here had folk not continued to talk about it.

If you want the topic to die, fastest way is not to engage it.

That’s a high elf paladin imo. I’m not for that.

If we’re getting paladin it should be void based. I hope when they go to give us lore for it they don’t take a lazy approach.

I believe so as well.

Sounds like it may be a bit for full on guilds and things though.

Theres a few reasons I don’t include it in the main post.

One, I believe it’s more than a customization and one that could and should apply to more than one race. Because it is effectively adding a whole new fantasy on top of another its not as simple as a Sunwalker for instance.

And two, it causes significant divisions between players even among pro velf and pro helf folk, before you even get into pro belf folk.

I have a ghost pepper plant growing right now…

5 Likes

then you should not be for any paladin for void elves.

1 Like

There need to be void elf paladins. High Elf players want it. No high elf player will feel fulfilled until that class combo gets added to the race. I am wanting to desperately play paladin but have been forced to play other things because the race simply can’t be a paladin for the dumbest reason being they had to go and make these elves tied to the absolute worst thing in existence. I just want to play my damn paladin and have fun in this game. Instead I’m forced to play Warrior to get even the slightest fix for it. And no, I don’t wanna play horde, and no, I don’t wanna play the other races. They all have gross animations. I want what I want specifically, nothing else.

Argue for your high elf paladins in the proper thread.

This thread you are in currently is for the Void Aspect of Void Elves.

6 Likes

I usually don’t weigh in much on classes, because in all honesty, the only class expansion I care about is MONKS SHOULD BE BASELINE.

Void elf monks fascinate me on that note. It’s probably very interesting to be a serene warrior with constant background whispers.

4 Likes

The customization for void elves here is great. All void elves should only have these forms, it makes them unique in some way and different from Horde Blood Elves/ High Elves.

2 Likes

Fully on board with this. Don’t know why they havent added them to the what…three races that don’t have em now?

I was thinking it would be a very good counter to the whispers actually. That perhaps they’d be relatively stable comparatively to other Void elves. Able to, like priests, in my headcanon, help keeping everyone from losing themselves to the whispers.

4 Likes

The theme of resisting the whispers with meditation and such was why my first void elf was a monk.

3 Likes

I don’t think they’d listen to that Fen. Some are just trying to push for an agenda in the wrong thread.

Sooo wait. i worked on your pink request and you ignored it. i’ll have you know i have to struggle to do that kinda thing as my fingers are mangled. even typing this is a labor. not even a peep. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Very nice.

My first was a hunter. I’m a fan of Alleria from back in the day and I love the void in WoW so when I found out about void elves I was very happy.

My second one was a mage, but I made her for a bank alt to keep things tidy. Later morphed into a black dragon that was spying on Umbric’s group when the trap happened. Now she’s a Twilight dragon… And still keeping tabs on Umbric’s group.

Fenelon was my third void elf. Kinda like the idea that Void Speakers help to keep others from losing themselves to the void.

I now have several more void elves as I’ve come up with new stories. Love em all.

I’m also stealing Nico’s Grave Shadow title for my velf DK.

1 Like

Somand was my second, based on Alleria. She became my forum main because she seemed relevant to the discussions I joined the forums for at the time.

I actually don’t remember the order I made the rest in lol.

I really like the shadowy look my Rogue has atm. Goes well with Subtlety, which tends to be my go to Rogue spec.

6 Likes

YES! This looks great!

2 Likes

Oh very nice!

Love how well the black and white hair works for velves in blue toned skins.

My own velf rogue (who was a high elf toon for me for awhile until her story shifted) is still assassination which I like to use to level… I’ve thought about going subtlety though for void based reasons.

This one’s still using a blonde hair option but I think it works well too.

While I’m here…

Edit by Somand

I might as well post the edit you did for me of Fenelon’s current look but with a velf heritage purple robe!

Absolutely wish we had armor dye options in wow.

7 Likes

Trying to fix some broken links and made an imgur album of what I have in the main post so far.

Thought I’d share it.

13 Likes

Wow… that album.

This game honestly needs to find a way to support visual mods lol. There are so many good customizations in there, and I am doubtful Blizz would implement half of them, let alone in a timely manner.

Love the cosmic hair a lot.

6 Likes

Screams internally Ughh why oh why did we need to have so little customization at Legion launch? Void elves have so much potential to be something real great. Telogrus could’ve been a main city hub for all races in a void based expansion with more races delving into the Void and empowering themselves with it.

2 Likes

Did you all see the new colour for the S4 KSM mount? It’s PURPLE with gold! And like, Voidy purple!

4 Likes