Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

It wasn’t high up with all the other threads so I thought I’d give it a bump.

I saw the pet battle reward for one of the in-game achievements is a Void Elf style silhouette form and I loved it!

Would love for it to be a more permanent thing. As it stands, we can currently get Silhouette form in-game but it’s a toy and it only lasts for 15 seconds and has a long-ish cooldown. :grapes: :ant: :spider: :spider_web: :bat:

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/901257-shadowy-disguise-what-it-looks-like-while-wearing-a-piece-of-corrupted-8-3-gear.jpg

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/918650-shadowy-disguise-the-very-mad-dk.jpg

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/900215-shadowy-disguise.jpg

Interesting. Nice toy for sure.

3 Likes

I appreciate the bump.

I didn’t have time when I last responded so I was very brief and then… Well… I forgot to come back.

So… Uh. Hello again. Lol

Not sure I’d say it’s specifically void elf but it’s very neat. I can see a few folk who could use that.

Could have fun trying to look like an early Illidan on a DH with it too.

Would be really nice for a void elf though!

I often feel like toys really need to have their cool downs and timers made more enjoyable… Shorter cooldowns and longer durations that don’t break with combat.

Having an option for this.

As an Entropic Embrace coloration would be sweet.

:octopus: :purple_heart:

5 Likes

I resubbed because my best friend loves this game, so I guess I’m back to velf posting hehe :elf:

Pet battles? This makes me sad, I don’t do those :pensive:

I want the toy that puts an octopus on your head but I can’t remember the name. I can’t find it online either. Anyone know what I’m talking about? I hope it’s not something I dreamt lmao.

3 Likes

Unpopular opinion

But I like the idea of void elf paladins

Ya know like those dark paladins

5 Likes

I love pet battles! I forgot about them while I did other things in WoW but I love collecting a lot of the secret toys, pets and items in WoW.

You mean this one? ^.^ :octopus: :crab: :lobster: :shrimp: :squid: :fried_shrimp: :sushi: :anchor:

There’s also these transmogs:

And this cool tentacle toy (that I still haven’t gotten but would like to get):

… and this item:

You’re definitely not alone there. There’s a lot of Void Elf Paladin love going around. ^.^

5 Likes

Not unpopular at all!

4 Likes

Void Elf Paladins would look so amazing :purple_heart:

I’d love these skins for them too.

Class skins for everyone in general with such a unique class fantasy would be most welcome :hugs:

10 Likes

Yes please! My dream come true.

2 Likes

These all look great! But the toy, maybe pet (?) I’m thinking of uses the cute BfA octopus model. It sits on top of your head like a hat. Now I’m wondering if I really did just dream this up lol :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Oh! Hehe! Fair enough. ^.^

I’m wondering if you’re referring to any of these:

This one is called an Octopode Fry and you can get it in different colors:

Then there’s Inky, also an octopus pet:

And this one’s called K’uddly (also an octopus / squid type pet):

Home Made Party Mask (that’s the toy’s name) It turns you into a lavender spectral form with a random pet over your head each time you use it - you get it from Thalyssra in Shal’Aran Suramar when you do the Withered Army Training and get some rep with her :

Oh and there’s Syd the Squid:

https://imgur.com/ZAgypqx

https://mobile.twitter.com/SantaCalaca/status/1296408913068339201/photo/1

:blue_heart: :blossom: :herb:

2 Likes

Welcome back!

Paladin is a fairly common request.

Not sure if counts as unpopular.

Been thinking on alternatives since paladin can be difficult to figure lore wise for some and isn’t in our kit currently.

Somand I think it was suggested a class skin for our death knights giving them a void skin. Summoning void Minions or skeletons. (think the skeletons summoned by Shadowmoon Orcs) which sounds cool.

I could also see it on a warrior, since technically our Riftblades are warriors. All they need is void effects to their abilities.

I don’t know the toy but if it helps, I too remember folk talking about an octopus as a hat.

5 Likes

I feel like the only issue there is DK interacts with the undead status quite a bit.

Control undead is a super important part of the DK kit, lichborne got brought back, army of the dead, I dunno, something else with dead in the name probably.

Plus frost is… well, frost themed.

2 Likes

~https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Blackguard

This one

2 Likes

I was thinking of it only in a system where they basically make the current play-styles into shells for multiple class fantasies. Like Warden being a skin for Rogue, Necromancer for Warlock, Tinkerer for Hunter, things like that.

If we only get variations like Elune’s Light for Priests, Sunlight themes for Sunwalkers and such like that, then yeah there’s no currently existing melee class that really makes sense for Void. Warriors don’t use magic, DKs are undeath themed, Paladins wield the Light, Rogues I guess have a light Shadow magic theme to them, but not in like magic strikes and such.

As for the Void Paladin idea being discussed, I don’t have any problem with it as long as its not some special exception that no other class or theme can benefit from. If we get Void Paladins, I’d also like to see things like Arcane Paladins, Blue-fire Mages, a Light skin for Shadow Priests, a Shadow skin for Holy Priests, etc.

4 Likes

With a class skin I imagine they’d change out the abilities. Which even for paladin or other classes I’d expect as well in those cases.

Just an alternative for a Void Knight concept though. I’d say I don’t really think Blizzard will do it.

Also a picture from Forgotten Realms.

I actually ran an entire party of these once… It was surprisingly entertaining.

Ironically while I like the idea of the Void DK you came up with, I actually really dislike the idea of Tinkerer, Necromancer Bard and Warden being class skins. >.<

The concept of slight variations for classes I think is a much better setup for class skins.

Sunwalkers with slightly fiery paladin abilities.
Blood Knights with slightly red fiery abilities.
Zandalari Trolls with… a deeper gold coloration? or maybe when they use their judgement and such instead of a hammer it looks like like the jaws of Rezan?

Night Elves getting elune colored paladins.
Dwarves with dwarven hammers of light!
Draenei throwing out crystal hammers of light!

yada yada,

If they do a void based paladin skin they absolutely should allow it to be used by everyone who can be a paladin. Maybe not explain that in the lore for all paladins, but for things like the Void Elves or the Forsaken or even the Mag’har, there could be reason for it.

Velves - Riftblades
Forsaken - Militant order of the Cult of the Forgotten Shadows. (While at it make Natalie Seline a Forsaken undead and put her in charge of it.)
Mag’har - in direct response to the Lightbound the Shadowmoon made a militant order of Shadowcasters.

That sort of thing. Nothing should be done for one race alone when it involves something spread over many races. (Classes or faction and such.)

8 Likes

Probably because the Void has no melee classes from previous lore, unless you count some void elf NPC titles and that one island team. So a Void something as a skin is just adding, while making a previously existing class into a skin denies it from properly standing fully on its own.

2 Likes

Yeah. Which given the precedent of Wildhammer and also a to a lesser degree, for me anyways, Sand Trolls denying something its lore by pasting it over another thing feels so bad to me.

Necromancer, Tinkerers, Bards and Warden just feel like they’d be immensely reduced if little more than a skin.

Void based warriors on the other hand… we’ve seen that several ways in WoW so far but nothing directly concrete… so yeah I think that reasoning makes sense with how I feel about it.

1 Like

It’s like how Blademasters were reduced to a single skill for Warriors, and one for Mages for some reason. As a Blademaster fan, it’s depressing.

1 Like

Ah! I forget those guys all the time but YES!

I always thought they should be a class unto themselves though I realize like Dark Rangers that would be relatively similar to something we already have.

1 Like