Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei)

No it isn´t. YOU were the one to escalate -and worse, your words don´t compute with your actions-, then own to it.

The only thing Fen said to you was that he disagreed with the notion of “tentacles being detrimental to the Velf model”. And you were the one to make a whole bolded paragraph full of irony and mockery just because he “dared” to call you on your post history. In his very much VERY pro void aesthetics thread (I mean, If you hate the tentacles the “we would like more void stuff for our Velf model” kinda isn´t the ideal place to get people to agree with this notion.

Soooo… you go around liking stuff that directly contradicts your opinions and notions simply because you want to give “publicity” to it? And you don´t see the problem with this behaviour?

Didn´t you realize that maybe this “like” could end up causing literally what you say you don´t agree with a.k.a. the Belf race getting literally cloned -cause that´s what it´s said in plain sight on that post you were 100% happy to agree with to the point you upvoted it-?

/facepalms

What´s with people upvoting stuff without reading it first ffs…

Because he´s one of the most decent posters in the thalassian elf community and he deserves waaay better than to get some hypocritical (and apparently, irresponsible too) Helfer harrasing him in his own thread.

Sorry not sorry, when I have to call a spade a spade I´ll do it. Don´t like it, feel free to put me on ignore and move on. But don´t pretend to pass for a victim whrn your own behaviour was telling enough for the ones of us that actually READ the posts.

2 Likes

Ugh, I reaaaally do not think this will happen. Most likely not. I was not subbed at that time, but if I was I would have commented that I appreciate he’s asking for Void elf stuff but I’d prefer unique hair colors and hairstyles to establish differentiation between us.

I felt attacked and that he was creating a division among us when I’ve GENUINELY wanted to support his thread. I will gladly remove my comment about the tendrils if you wish, if only I knew it would cause so much drama I never would have written it…Like I said I don’t even mind tendrils personally, I just know people that do. And Fen himself has repeatedly stated the toggle is a good idea for both groups.

Tbf after Lore adjusted its narrative to no longer be a troll thread I too liked that post.

And since Ellincia there is relatively recent they weren’t here for its trollish nature.

(That said my like there isn’t in support of the whole thing. I think many of Lore’s desires are very far out there.)

I do want to address this a bit.

Ellincia has a tendency (which they mention above) to overreact, something many of us share.

She and I had a talk about it, and I think we came to an understanding that it was mostly a miscommunication between us.

Also I brought up tentacles.

Ariel has an aggressive post method, it’s not personal.

They have a wealth of information and great ideas for both velfs and belfs.

Do not judge them harshly.

Ha!

It claims that.

Lore’s (Sandrinar’s main toon) post is entirely about high elves.

I appreciate that.

But I think Ellincia is more on the side of void elves than not.

3 Likes

Today I actually realized that I had not read the entirety of Lore’s updated thread. I actually find it to be a well written post because he explains in-depth his reasons for wanting certain customizations.

However, I would prefer unique hairstyles and hair colors for Void elves, in contrast to what he’s asking for. I think it causes too much drama and conflict to request the exact same stuff, and I find it unnecessary to do so when we can request new options that we would like to see, while still benefitting both Velf and Helf fans.

2 Likes

All I want is a short hair style something like this without tentacles is that too much to ask?

3 Likes

How bout dis one detentacled

8 Likes

Not bad at all I was just thinking of something roughly like that.

3 Likes

Some more suggestions from me (some might be repetitive):

Hair Colours:
Stark White & Fire effect: https://imgur.com/a/YeNfBSM
Jet Black & Fire effect: https://imgur.com/a/zUONew0
Brown & Voidy effect: https://imgur.com/a/oeO0LFC
Pale Pastel Pink: https://imgur.com/a/Hr2OSE2

Hairstyles:
https://imgur.com/a/qfgGBh6
https://imgur.com/a/mw3Rksd
https://imgur.com/a/WTuwGKy
https://imgur.com/a/T9UYqeC

N’zoth style eyes: https://imgur.com/a/fzb6VUM

Markings/tattoos (can be shared with Belfs or also allow some different designs for each)
https://imgur.com/a/Vk9N1CC
https://imgur.com/a/713onDY

EE Skin Tones:
https://imgur.com/a/pZc54fQ

Jewelry adorned with Void gems.

Well my man, as long as he uses the words “the same as” in regards to Belf aesthetics in his thread ity will stay pretty much a troll thread. I know people sometimes puts likes on post they don´t completely agree with, but omg to like something that literally contradicts one´s arguments IS irresponsible (or at least leave the rest of us wondering if people even bothers to read what they sign for). That behaviour only benefits trolls.

Cause what he´s basically asking is to get the Belf race literally cloned, nothing else. Heck, up to class combos that don´t make sense like the DH one (wonder why??? I mean dude, he can make the actual old school real Demon Hunter, trhe fact he rather discards it to play with the Ken doll version is apalling in itself).

The first 3000 post are basically the meltdown of the troll post. Changing the text in the Op doesn´t erase all the historical record the troll post caused. If anything this reinforces my point: irresponsible, people liking stuff without reading it behaves irresponsible.

I suppose it´s a personal matter. I personally don´t like a post even if I agree with 90% of it´s content. As long as there´s something I´m firmly against it, no upvote from me. Cause I see it as the responsible thing to do.

My man, you didn´t had to. Tentacles ARE a key core feature of the Velf model as much as “Fel green eyes + pink skin” are for the Belf model.

If I go to the Belf thread to complain over the silouette of the Belf model cause I rather they looked like idk… Orcs!!, then I´d be kinda in the wrong place since the start. Cause then I should be playing with Orcs, not trying to change Belves to make them look like Orcs.

Same principle here. Your thread is PRO void aesthetics, and to come here to complain over the core deffining visual feature that translates the void aspect on the model implies kinda more than a little bit of lack of self awareness.

He/she didn´t bother reading the other thread´s Op. What makes you think He/She would bother reading the post of a dirty anti like myself? :upside_down_face:

Is not merely about “drama”, is because the very nature of the request.

If the designers cede and clone the Belf aesthetics once, then the players asking for that will never stop. They will always come and demand to get the Belf stuff precisely cause the designers would HAVE TO catter to this logic (if you comply one time, you kinda HAVE TO comply every time after that one… that´s how business work). And then we the Belf fans would get no chance to get some visual differences for our own model, cause all and every aspect would probably tried to get poached by the very people we have heard disparage, mock, ridicule and despise our fave race. And that is kinda painful in itself.

That´s the ocean of difference between asking “for the same stuff as” and asking actual similar BUT NOT literally the same stuff as. There are several ways you guys can get normal hair colorations than don´t involve the BS argument of “let me clone a Belf on the correct faction cause I refuse to aknowledge WC3 happened”. Heck, some of the artistic suggestions made in this very thread in favor of Helfy aesthetics actually look cooler than the ones currently implemented in the Belf model ffs!!!

2 Likes

I have actually read plenty of your posts, often to their entire length.

Aight, I want modern, trendy stuff for our lovely Void elves. Check my post above with the links.

You did? Cause I find funny how you were shocked over my actual trademark abbrasive posting (I mean, I´m one of the few ones that actually admits to her own btchy attitude, I despise the “I´m a cinnamon roll UwU baby while metaphorically stabbing people on their backs” attitude. The best policy is honesty always, and while that probably makes me a VERY disliked individual, it means the ones that tolerate me at least know what they are signing for).

You kinda should have expected to get chewed by me (I mean I´m sorry, but to hear you say “I´m not in favor of cloning the Belf model” while you upvote the post literally asking to clone the Belf model make you look incoherent AF), after all I have zero patience in this place regarding the arguments exposed.

As I´ve been saying: is not about cattering to the the “least effort” policy Blizz used and that was recently exposed, is about asking for things that yes, could help players on their inmersion in-game but that at the same time keep a modicum of respect for other players´ expectations too . If people is gonna ask for things, they should do better than to try and troll other posters just impulsed by pure pettiness.

1 Like

Stark White & Fire effect: https://imgur.com/a/YeNfBSM
Jet Black & Fire effect: https://imgur.com/a/zUONew0
Brown & Voidy effect: https://imgur.com/a/oeO0LFC
Pale Pastel Pink: https://imgur.com/a/Hr2OSE2

Hairstyles:

N’zoth style eyes: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EY6Xpd3XkAIV0WB.jpg

(Not exactly the same pic, but the link didn’t show and it still has the other pic :hugs:)

Markings/tattoos (can be shared with Belfs or also allow some different designs for each)

EE Skin Tones:

5 Likes

Yeah I’ve even liked some of your posts IIRC. I didn’t expect such a strong reaction, but that was my fault I should have expected, if not from you at least by someone calling me out on my strong retaliation at Fen.

Yeah, that makes sense. But if it is possible to borrow some assets from other races (not Belfs) that still adhere to establishing that immersion and that modernization, then why not I say. I love those 2 DID colors I posted above. So instead of plain white and black, we could get those. The orange on them looks like the eyes of N’zoth. And male Velfs can borrow some human hairstyles in addition to new ones.

I know they’re just a few but did you notice the lovely earrings on the picture with the 3 hairstyles? https://imgur.com/a/qfgGBh6

A very good Void elf jewelry concept.

1 Like

Yes, very pretty! :hugs:

The first Void Elves are my favorite.

2 Likes

Absolutely in agreement with this. As a matter of fact, under an actual professional design model, THIS should be the base policy to be used (and actually this may be the reason why the Velves launched with their own hairstyles, cause some designers felt you people deserved AT LEAST some modicum of visual exclusiveness, as small as it was at the end).

Take all the inspiration from other races, heck, propose your own unique hairstyles. This is waaay superior to the “Let´s catter to the devs lack of creativity and ask for the literal least effort to be put”)

Cloning stuff IS basically cattering to laziness. And we´re kinda paying customers, we deserve better than to get stuff copied/pasted whilke they charge us more for subscription. We deserve actual PROFESSIONAL effort.

I´m -unfortunately for ME- in the minority, but I rather the Belves get different warpaint aesthetics than the ones suggested here. I would like more “Horde vibe” ones, bold paint more similar to the actual WC2/3 RTS games (I mean the units there had half of their face painted. And the art made by Izzabelle in the Belf thread only served to reinforce this notion for me. I want my Belves with huge warpaint so they mix better with their Horde allies).

4 Likes

Those red and serpent-like, eyes are gorgeous- and totally non Belf!

I love that dark, inky blue skin color option too.

2 Likes

Thats fair.

Though I think most people put far too much on the Like button these days.

I only ended up liking it because I wanted to support his seeming change in view. At least he’d gone from pure troll to giving a go of a more serious nature, even if I don’t agree with much of what he wants for Void Elves.

(high elves more like)

I really don’t see the point of some requests like that.

Demon Hunter doesn’t make a lot of sense for Void Elves given their story. There is very little reason any of the Blood Elves that became Void Elves would have been Demon Hunters in any capacity. Too many forget that Blood Elf and Night Elf Demon Hunters are not exactly a part of their racial factions. They’re their own thing.

Bah, you know all that well enough.

I’m still sick for my minds rambly.

This is my general action as well these days in almost all cases.

My general desire to be diplomatic overall sometimes causes me to try to encourage when I see at least a chance of improved behavior. Which is why I ended up liking Lore’s thread.

But ensuring one actually agrees with a post in almost all regards is always a good way to go.

I agree, and Ellincia and I went over that bit.

Even she agreed that she worded it poorly for what they were trying to get across.

You’re accurate that that is what caused the issue though.

In their relatively short time I’ve been able to see their post history, while they have not gone immensely far back, they have for the most part read and responded to the posts directed at them and around them.

I don’t always agree, but I suspect they’re not a major negative force at least for void elves. (I’m less certain their thoughts and desires on Blood Elves.)

I do have to say I find it immensely refreshing.

Knowing where I stand with you and knowing that when you speak I don’t have to worry about double talk is by far one of the things I rather enjoy.

I honestly like these.

Though I’d love someday to see a tentacle version, they feel good for us.

Also those Nightborne hairstyles! :eyes:

4 Likes

I suggest those more in the spirit of sharing, though I definitely like the option to be dainty, but thats just me :hugs:

I saw Izzabellea warpaint concepts too and they were lit :fire:

Such a great concept for a more ferocious and Horde aligned Elf aesthetic.

I love them as they remind me of Azshara. I really like her hair tentacles too, which could be great as an all tentacle hairstyle :octopus:

It’s a great concept for more varying degrees of corruption in one look.

I find them all very pretty :rose:

2 Likes

As someone with a background in natural sciences, for me his arguments are basically a translation of the reality he/she wants to see implemented. And that reality is nothing but pure selfishness (I mean have any of you figured out how he/she ask for a Belf clone BUT deffinitely isn´t jumping to offer a Velf or Nelf clone as an equivalent exchange?)

The way I see it, that´s because those kinds of request aren´t born out of actual investment on the races, but merely in the aesthetics / cosmetics surrounding the races.

Simply put it, if the only thing one cares about Belves is how the model looks, then ofc for one to replicate it in the faction with the narrative one likes seems like no big deal if not basically “correcting a mistake” (and you will notice this is almost always sprouted by these types of posters… asking for Helves in the “correct faction” is most of the times followed by “they don´t belong in the Horde cause omg they don´t look tribal/primitive” enough).

In short: this is what happens when people finds their comfort point with the mere aesthetics / cosmetics and don´t explore the races further into their actual narrative development. Visually yes, the Belves kinda don´t 100% match the other Horde races, but TEMATHICALLY omg, they match it perfectly. Even currently with Liadrin sprouting Draenei weeb nonsense, the other Belf characters act pretty much like most of the other Horde races (they still value taking risks, just more calculated. They still keep a certain “genuine” policy -Horde races aren´t shy about crossing limits nor hide their defects or amoral behaviour behind appearances; in the Alliance THIS is one of the conditions of the political game the component races mantain between each other). And in that same vibe, if one only cares about how the DH looks INSTEAD of the narrative surrounding the DH class, one probably see no big deal with the it becoming available for even Vulperas.

Ellincia seems to be less hazardous to Belves considering she apparently rather gets their own separate Helfer design. But Lore & Friends are still pretty much hazardous.

Hehehe… well, I despise the “let´s be hypocritical” game, I think it dilutes what one means to say and is a easy path to cause misinformation in the rest of the readers participating in these forums.

People shouldn´t mistake “politeness” with “hypocritical behaviour”, that´s all.

The Nightborne gals lack bangs on their haircuts, they deffinitely need more of those. Oh, and the chance to toggle off / remove the jewerly in the haircuts that have it integrated (I mean Blizzard, some of us like the visual look but despise how the jewerly either restricts the tmogs OR worse, feel it gives a “UwU princess” sexist vibe for our characters).

Well you know me, I rather we develop separate aesthetics than to share too much and facilitate the path to cloning a.k.a. dev´s laziness. Homogeneity in a product whose merchandising premise is to sell “different RP experiences” seems quite counterintuitive (I mean the moment all the races seem the same narratively and look the same visually is the moment we will deffinitely stop caring for them).

And yes, like I mentioned above I´m absolutely fcensored word TIRED AND FED UP with rando anti´s coming here to tell me I´m not a “real Horde” fan cause my fav race doesn´t happen to be Orcs (even while my personal second fav is the Trolls, lol) and that it should be “kicked out” to dwell with the Humans because it doesn´t look “savage enough” (every time I read this what I think is “if you are a lazy bum who REFUSES to read and finds comfort with the minimum aspect of the race/faction, then that´s kinda your problem dude/dudette, not mine; ergo don´t make me pay for your issues”).

Is unfortunate my petitions contributed to Izza´s health issues, cause I´m confident she would had managed to recreate the tentacles as a hairstyle resembling dreadlocks had she available the proper tools to draw this.

3 Likes