Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

I have yet to play my warlock this expansion, but they seriously did that?

Yeah, they have increased the summon minion timer to 6 seconds. They have given another ability to instantly summon a pet, but that is a 3 minute Cooldown. (I may have the CD wrong, it could be 1.5 minutes)

I agree, sorry.

Bah show me a thread that hasn’t gone off track once in awhile and I’ll show you a liar.

Sometimes folk need a break from the topic to talk about whatever.

:smiley:

I am actually am surprised to see this thread has been very peaceful, considering how bad the other customization threads have been.

1 Like

Very nice

2 Likes

Because it’s a simple reminder that you need to have your own private server if you are getting too attached to your characters.

No, I think it’s finally over. I do enjoy the peaceful topics now without the kindergarten attached to it. Feels like we all can finally start discussing what really matters instead the typical “you’re not x because y”-crayons doodles which were everywhere.

This happens for two reasons: First of all, there is nothing more to contribute unless something significant is happening in the game or they add new customizations. And secondly, the “fun” has stopped for several people either because how boring this expansion is or they don’t get a kick out of the misery of others.

Speaking of misery, I would love to see the often alluded fanart discussions with the Void Elves having deformed faces with several eyes or different bone structures, including more added tentacles. This is something what really would be needed to make them unique.

Because, like I said, it’s finally over. Just look at your character, you can finally use those options in the game. The overall experience I had was superb but I had discussion with other Void Elf players and how they realize how many despise the Void Elves from an aesthetic and playable point. Most of the players have changed to the High Elf style with some staying voidy. But there are still enough players out there who love the edginess - but they are surely a minority now.

There has been also an increasing number of Half Elves with the new options on the server I play. Have met five of them with one wanting to collaborate with me in a RP-event.

Honestly, I don’t think anything is over, because there will be some who will still want more, and there will be some who will still come to the forums looking for arguments. Honestly, it is just better if people just didn’t bait each other to try and get into the pointless debates on who is what or who is who, or all this stuff.

Like, we’re all people from all different parts of the globe, all playing the same game, and paying the same amount to play the game. The past is best left in the past, and people should just move on into the future, and be civil in any forum threads here on the WoW Forum.

5 Likes

I’d love to make an astral void elf so badly. I’d call her Calliope or some variation of that name.

4 Likes

And my brain reads that and immediately goes to Cassiopeia, song by Sarah Barreilles.

2 Likes

Actually, one of my biggest request for Void Elves is not the customizations, but more better lore, to explain more on how the Void Elves came to be, and the future generations of Void Elves.

9 Likes

So we’ve discussed a little in the velf discord about LF Draenei racials (in particular, the one that procs a Light explosion when you die), and I thought to myself - how cool would it be if we had a similar racial? Imagine a Void explosion occured when we died, making tentacles sprout in the area and grabbing your foes’ feet and rooting them there for a couple of seconds.

And whispering them sussy things! :smiley:

7 Likes

my take:

• new incubus is cute.

• i love my half elves.

• blood elves need sanlayn and dark ranger customizations.

• thread is awesome.

• they removed lock hellfire? whoa, thats signature lock. /boggle

4 Likes

A rather common request for more Astral and starry options.

Mostly I want them to explain how we make more.

I’ve gone over it several times but I want the Telogrus Rift updated to have buildings and areas where the wayfarer and scholar are being trained, an area where they’re mastering void magic, an area where they utilize a ritual and the void storm to turn those wayfarer and scholar into void elves proper (randomized with all customizations) and finally an area showing those new void elves learning further and showing them having trouble, newly turned, controlling the whispers.

A neat idea but I don’t see a good reason to change the racial like that.

4 Likes

Lu0ren got featured on Wowhead again for her male VE haircuts.

5 Likes

I actually agree with this :100:. But I don’t think the process will be the same as what happened with Umbric and his followers, but who knows, with no lore to justify on future Void Elves, it gets really confusing using the same lore on the original group + Alleria when it doesn’t make much sense.

2 Likes

Excellent!

With luck blizzard will use their work as the basis for more for us.

I think it will be a similar process but not the same. A dev suggested they were studying the artifacts remains after and they have Alleria’s path and Locus-Walker.

So a combination makes sense. Void Storm over on the third island seems the best source of void essence.

2 Likes

Oh we weren’t discussing about “changing” racials; adding a new one if anything.

Not that it would happen, at least any time soon, but still it’s something cool :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Degen request: I want the thong male velfs originally had as an option…

3 Likes

They had thongs?

1 Like

Yeah, can’t find it on Wowhead but here’s a Reddit post about it :stuck_out_tongue:

Erm, can I get in trouble for this? I mean this was in datamined or something at one point :rofl:

6 Likes