Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

Daaaymn! That’s neat. Let men have their mongs.

5 Likes

That’s-

They had what?!

Pray, tell?

:eyes:

3 Likes

It’s simple, my friends. It’s about to be five years since Void Elves became available, so…

Have a few of these little munchkins running around playing with Void critter pets and you’re all set. Even though it’s been five years, WoW should really look into using Shadowlands for a bit of a time skip on Azeroth, it’d help them with 10.0 in so many ways.

Having said that, I think there needs to be a ‘snag’ in the development process that prevents or halts the current creation of Void Elves through the means Magister Umbric and the others use to transform people. Nothing that would cause concern for those who have already transformed, but enough to where they stop because of an unforeseen hiccup.

Say some really anxious, obnoxious and arrogant elves get tired of waiting for their turn, and they try taking the process on their own. Or, another race learns of the process, and tries it for themselves…but it goes predictably, horribly, wrong (ahem…Void San’layn :metal:t6: :metal:t6:). Or, one of the radical Ethereal sects are enraged at how Void Elves managed to maintain their bodies and minds, and they’ve come steal / destroy the process.

3 Likes

eek cuteness overload!

It’s been two years in game time.

While I’m not opposed to children void elves, we need to know how we make more through training and ritual long before they run that line.

2 Likes

2 years? :thinking:

Hmmm, honestly, I do not think it could’ve have been that long, but I don’t have any sources to back up how long it has been in the Warcraft Universe.

Just two years in-game?

I thought the events of Argus (in 7.3) alone was about a year and a half game time by itself. The warfront to support Sillydan Whinerage ( :face_with_hand_over_mouth: ) on Argus took the entire time, then the Army of the Light events took up about 75% - 80% of that. Alleria’s occurrence with Locus-Walker, the Void Elf appearance, and their addition to the Alliance, took place at the 33% mark. Between the time the sword was plunged into Azeroth and we got our magic oil, there should have been a six month epilogue.

Then throw in however long BfA lasted (felt like forever and two days), and that should have encompassed, at the very least, two years on its own. There was entirely too much sea travel to different continents, along with warfronts that took up entire maps. No way on Azeroth this took less than a year. Though I do admit, I didn’t keep up with the timing here, BfA kind of wore me down really quick. Just a general glance at all the activity makes me think this took a good while.

Now with the Shadowlands: I truly believe we’ve already kind of hit a time skip. When you travel with Kleia to Azeroth to reap the farmer’s soul from Redridge, it’s heavily implied that the Scourge is running basically unchecked throughout all the lands, since the Ebon Blade and virtually all able adventurers and soldiers are assisting elsewhere. It feels like we’ve already jumped ahead a bit more in time, a longer span than both Legion and BfA combined.

Regardless of whether or not we actually have, this is a golden opportunity for Blizzard to do JUST THAT. A time jump would help the game out immensely, especially in the way of Void Elf lore. New recruits could help fill in the gaps, and Blizzard could expand on their contributions overall.

1 Like

According to blizzard expansions are a year except when otherwise mentioned.

Void elves came into existence just before BFA happened and after the events of Legion.

So little over two years by the end of SLs.

Time skips may change that of course if they actually go that route.

Get to procreating! We need more void elves.

2 Likes

That’s the quid of the matter though - would Void Elf children inherit their parents’ Void mutation or would they be born as regular Thalassian elves?

We’ve seen examples of races going both ways - Worgen and LF Draenei offspring are just regular Humans / Draenei respectively, whereas Nightborne and HM Tauren do inherit their respective genetic mutations (which makes them a different biological race in scientific terms).

That’s if Void Elves are even able to reproduce… perhaps the transformation ritual has rendered them all sterile.

Blizzard really needs to address this and many other lore loopholes when it comes to Void Elf lore.

5 Likes

I am actually wondering if Void Elves can have children. We know that Worgen and Undead can’t, but I don’t see anything about Void Elves.

But now I am wondering too, if they can, would they look like normal elves or would they look like Void Elves?

Void Elves were introduce on January 16th, 2018 in patch 7.3.5, for those who pre-purchased the Battle for Azeroth expansion. That was 3 years and 10 months ago.

3 Likes

Isn’t there some official acknowledgement that Worgen would bear ordinary human children due the curse being just… a curse?

3 Likes

Ahh just like my dog!! :dog:

That’s my understanding as well

1 Like

They were changed entirely. It’s not a curse or a blessing.

The traps point was to make them something else.

Their children would be void elves.

Where do you get any of that for LFD? I’ve not seen any evidence for them either?

I agree.

Worgen can have children.

2 Likes

For the first generation, perhaps. The subsequent generations of Void Elves… :man_shrugging:t2:

Would their children survive the endless whispers and mental instability? I don’t see Blizzard going that way, personally.

And that’s if they can have children. I still think they’re sterile (1st gen velves at least). I wonder what kind of children 2nd gen velves would have, I’d wager something like Blood Ef children, with voidified eyes.

Lightforged draenei have normal draenei children, as shown in the allied race Vindicaar.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Lightforged_draenei

Until Blizzard shares I would assume they can in fact produce children and they would be void elves. They’re a separate race. Until Blizzard stipulates that they do otherwise the logical course is that they do produce their own offspring.

This doesn’t prove anything except that the Dreanei in question has children. They wouldn’t Lightforge their kids, if they went through the process after they had them.

I disagree that’s the logical course. Void Elves having children is the least of their priorities right now. They’re focusing on controlling the Void and the whispers. Having children would be a great irresponsibility considering their current state and goal.

Not to mention that Thalassian elves in general do not tend to have as many children and as frequently as other races due to their longevity.

It shows that the children of the Lightforged Draenei do not inherit their parents’ Lightforged traits.

I’m not saying they’re actively breeding. I’m saying the logical course is to assume their breeding would function the same as any other race until Blizzard states they do not follow standards.

We don’t assume any other race doesn’t produce their own offspring when they try.

No.

All it shows is that there are Draenei children there. We have no information on when that Lightforged Draenei was lightforged.

It doesn’t prove or say anything of use.

The change was noted to be down to their blood, and the hyper intelligent gnome (I can’t recall whom) thought this indicated a change down to their fundamental being. I’m seeing this as Blizzard’s way of say “they’re genetically different” in OOC RPG terms.

Oh, thank you for the clarification! It feels like more than that, but I may be thinking of Legions’ release. Or, the fact that '18 and '19 were f’n long years.

Still, four years…more than enough time for the ancient art of Snu Snu! Also, 10.0 could desperately use a time skip.

2 Likes

Old God’s I feel like we’ve been stuck in 20 long years.

2 Likes