Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

Yes, but on top of EE’s current effect.

Can you share some images of the brune with blue skin. I looked at it a bit in the charecter creator in person and seemed they got a good brune color to work with blue skined VE (get the ones with the tentacles plz)

4 Likes

Gotta handle some home stuff but once I’m done I’ll grab some pics!

3 Likes

Void skin with Brown hair, tentacles On
https://imgur.com/a/jcMhwdI
https://imgur.com/a/Ygytfyq

It fits a lot better than some blues actually.

6 Likes

Family and I snatched us the first Sundancer mount for the Voidy High Elves update. We will repeat this several times again until everyone has one. Apparently only the person with the flying kit gets it 100%

3 Likes

11 Likes

Couldn’t get it to work on phone. I’m giving up. Thank you for doing it. Lol

5 Likes

just right click the image once you’re at the link and have image open in new tab, then copy the new tab’s address and paste it here

6 Likes

I tried that. Not sure what my phone was thinking. Not the first time I’ve had phone based issues like that.

1 Like

These have been a request that has been asked since Void Elves first made beta.

Glad to finally see them added.

8 Likes

Okay I’m currently going back through these for references for a new Hairstyle section I’m building out and Old Gods… I’d love every. single. one. of. these.

I wouldn’t be bald anymore because I want to be bald… I’d be too busy trying to figure out which of these I’d use and just give up and remain bald, stunned by choice.

4 Likes

Sorry to take so long! Here’s a a number of styles with different void skin tones so you can see how the brown hair looks against them.

12 Likes

Darn it Ellincia! You know how hard it is to find your contributions with your post history hidden!?

(Just searched through more than half of this thread trying to find a reference I knew you had posted. lol)

For me, personally, I don’t like the brown on the void skin tones. I am glad for a few folk I know wanted it though. :purple_heart:

4 Likes

I like the juxtaposition of some of the natural and void colorations. It can provide interesting contrasts when used smartly. We can easily see as much with the white and black hair colors on any of the void skin tones, and we’ve already seen how the void hair colors contrast with the natural skin tones.

I think the darker red hair color (11) can work well with some of the void skin tones, like 3, 5, and 6. The palest blonde (10), seems to work ok with any of the void skin tones, but offers especially nice contrast with skin 6 imo. For me, the sunny yellow blonde (9) only really seems to gel with the saturated blue skin (5) out if all the void skin tones. I do agree with you that the brown seems to be a color I don’t find mixing well with any of the void skin tones though.

5 Likes

They added the lighter of the dark browns sadly. It doesn’t seem to work with the dark complexions like the new dark brown that blood elves have. But at least they gave us a brown. My blood elves tend to use the brown/lavenders. I would like the darker pink and purple on my blood elves personally.

2 Likes

I’m still a bit bummed they didn’t go with something closer to the no-texture white hair that showed up as a bug for a bit, at least as an option, I was just hoping for something super high contrasty white, and this doesn’t feel too far off from the lightest blonde they put out earlier.

6 Likes

Huh? I’m pretty sure the darkest brown that Blood Elves have is the one Void Elves got

These are the brown hair colors Blood Elves have:

This is the brown hair color that Void Elves got:

8 Likes

This is how one of my blood elves look. With the dark brown.

1 Like

While I’m not sure I’d want a “no texture” white, I do agree it would have been cooler if the white was a much more stripped down, high contrast, white. I feel the same way about the black hair option. The one the NPC’s use is much closer to a “true black” than the one we got from Blood Elves, and I would have preferred the NPC black had it been my choice, but I’m not going to complain about the options given.

5 Likes

I suppose that might qualify as a brown of a sort. I’d put it closer to what wow likes to call “black” but to my eyes it almost has a desaturated purple undertone, especially when contrasted against a lighter skin color.

It is very much a brown. Some black hair is really just a dark brown if you look at it under a microscope. But this to me is very dark brown, something similar that is shown within my family.

1 Like