Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

I wouldn’t take an easter egg name as having any lore implications, unless he was actually present in some capacity. And considering his position was a High elven Representative, which is a more permanent position then let’s say envoy or spokesman, he likely does live in the city, especially if the short story is implying that they can return. Auric even refers to Lor’themar and Rommath as his Lords, and preaches unification between the two groups, so it would be weird for him to say that, and then head an Alliance group that fights that fights the Blood elves.

Considering he has not been seen since, probably because the Sunwell hasn’t really been relevant in a while, he likely is still residing in Quel’thalas as a represenative.

As with everything else, it has implications but no confirmation.

The name was selected in a period of hyperpartisanship between the factions.

That would seem to imply the character was considered a hero on the Alliance side to characters actively combating the Horde, and is the last lore we have on the guy. Until he shows up next.

4 Likes

Easter eggs don’t really have any implications beyond whatever reference they’re trying to elude to. In this case, Charlie’s Angels. There’s dozens of names like this throughout the game, if we implied that they all had lore implications there’d be some pretty contradicting elements.

BFA is not catorgized as having an active High elf population, despite being an expansion centered on the faction conflict. They were not present in the invasions, or through the entire story, even as the Alliance were required to start recruiting farmers.

Auric Sunchaser was the leader of the Allerian Stronghold, which is probably why it was used. But I’m sure if the intention were to have him be involved, then he would’ve been present in some capacity.

Mm.

It’s the last lore we have on the character and I see no reason to think it’s not canon.

We also have the God of War orc and son in Orgrimmar and he’s probably canon, too. There’s a few meme characters (Harrison Jones, Belloc) that the game treats as real entities.

I think that’s just WoW’s tone.

3 Likes

The last lore we have of the character is his last known location. Which is at the Sunwell, even the wikis still retain his title as the High elf representative.

I’d say it’s lore that the expedition team named themselves after him, it’s not lore however that he was involved in any capacity. To imply otherwise is mere conjecture.

Treats as real entities is a bit of a stretch. They’re not implying they have anything to do with God of war. Acknowledging they exist is one thing, implying that it has implications to the lore is another.

The last lore we have on him is that he’s enough of a hero to the Alliance to name a squad of characters who are dedicated to fighting the Horde after him.

Anything else is speculation.

And Bliz mixing a topical reference in with their story is nothing unusual, no matter how much we should all wish Westfall questing never happened.

2 Likes

A hero to the alliance is pushing it, he was a leader in Allerian Stronghold. But beyond them naming their team after him, that’s as far as the implications go.

Besides that, the last thing we know of him, himself, was his presence at the Sunwell. Until we see him again, the Sunwell is where he remains.

Well, we know he wasn’t there last time we visited.

Or at least we didn’t see him.

3 Likes

I mean it was an instanced event that showed that the Sunwell was cleared out, even the portals were down. So unless you’re suggesting that they no longer allow any High elves or Blood elves to see the Sunwell as well, it’s safe to say they were not pertinent to the event.

If that were some implication the wikis would surely have updated his location as “unknown” instead of listing him at the Sunwell as the High elf representative to this day.

The wiki doesn’t have any information we don’t.

We can speculate all day, but we know he did visit the Sunwell and that, at a point where Horde and Alliance animosity was at an all time high, he had a squad named after him.

The rest is wild mass guessing.

3 Likes

I mean, you’re speculating that because he’s not standing at the edge of the Well on a giant island housing the Sunwell during an instanced event that had nothing to do with him that he must be gone. Which I’m sure you’re aware feels a bit exaggerative, and trying to use the games instancing as some puzzle piece.

Generally characters are where you’ve last seen them until they pop up elsewhere, especially if they’ve given a title. Anything beyond that is pretty much conjecure.

And again the title “representative” implies a more permanent, stationary position.

I mean, Arator just popped up in Silvermoon after last being in Dalaran… TURALYON just popped up in Silvermoon too, haha.

You never know where characters will show up.

2 Likes

Anyhow, I’m dumb and thought this was the other thread, so I’m ducking out of this particular line.

Especially since it has nothing to do with void elf customizations. Unless Auric shows up as a void elf next, I guess.

Thank you for entertaining me while my cats deployed their entire body weight.

2 Likes

I mean there’s a difference, they popped up. Often times characters will disappear during instanced events, or during certain parts of a quest. There were many times the Alliance throne was empty for questlines, or certain areas in orgimmar cleared out only for it to repopulate when the instance is over.

Hinging your bets on game mechanics isn’t very reliable.

Not to be too spoiler about the short story, but Arator has a Dark Dragon tatoo on one arm and a Gold Dragon tattoo on the other.

He is SO foreshadowed to be a Void Paladin.

4 Likes

Ugh I want tattoos Blizz!

I am excited about tomorrow since I’ll get a new tabard and might change a few pieces of my mog!

6 Likes

About that…

2 Likes

Huh…

The 10.2.7 in-game splash pop up features Telogrus. I wonder if it will be accessible to everyone once maintenance is over…

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/blog/images/40603.png?maxWidth=800

2 Likes

Ahhhhh yisss, vulpera gonna set up shop. All the food trucks!

3 Likes

This be great for the Heritage Armor Set for Void Elves.

2 Likes